The Oscars bet -

Feb 15, 2004
Okay so today I have the lovely project of sitting at home taking care of things. I jump onto the internet to break the day up. At any rate I begin thinking of the Oscars which to me has always been a showcase of rather 'freakish' outfits - what actor can look the silliest?

With politics the way it is these days and Hollywood being what it is I am thinking of Oscar night. We all know there will be at least one of these winners who will use their alloted time to tell the United States why they should dispise President Bush. I am sure as I write this post there is one of those Hollywoods who are writing their accepting speach now. They are practicing before a rather large mirror rehearsing their moment of triumph and instead of thanking the United States and anyone else for actually paying to see their work, they will critisize. Instead of thanking anyone who placed them upon a stage before millions and presented them with a gold statue, they will critisize. This I do not doubt. But which fool will it be?

I do not know who is on the Hollywood 'A' list of winning one of these awards but I am sure if I did, I could guess which one of them would be the rambler.

Just a thought and a bet, if anyone were interested. I will find out who is up for this award and try to guess should that person win, my goodness what we will be blessed with from their lips?

So here is my predition...should anyone care. If you find it upsetting, please refer to your box of kleenex in your bathroom.

For Best Supporting Actor

Should the 'foolish' award be presented to Alec Baldwin who often speaks out about issues. Much of time I really do not understand his point and have gathered much of his talking is just for the sake of talking. Should he win an Oscar, I would without a doubt be very certain he would bore us with his political points of view.

However there is also Tim Robbins who, along with his wife (or perhaps she is his girlfriend?) spend much of their time rambling on about their political views. They both have utilized time by telling others what is right and what is wrong.

Supporting Actress

Holly Hunter, though I could be wrong.

No Best Actress

Best Actor

Another split.

Should it be Johnny Depp, would he further disgrace himself as he had in the past with negative comments about America? Here he is, ready to accept an award from the very country he critisized. Or perhaps he has learned a lesson that silence is golden.

Sean Penn is my bet on this one. Need I say more on him?

Originally posted by winston churchi

Should it be Johnny Depp, would he further disgrace himself as he had in the past with negative comments about America? Here he is, ready to accept an award from the very country he critisized. Or perhaps he has learned a lesson that silence is golden.

you know his comments were blown WAY out of proportion because he was hollywood's newest young rising star at that time.

Originally posted by deciophobic
you know his comments were blown WAY out of proportion because he was hollywood's newest young rising star at that time.

At the time? HE STILL MAKES COMMENTS AGAINST AMERICA!

Didnt he move to France??? they deserve such a fine upstanding patriot...that way their record of non-victorys will not be challenged!!!

And what did Depp say after he finished the film Pirates of the Carribean?

"America is . . . like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive."

He was further quoted as saying he wanted his children to "see America as . . . a broken toy" that they should explore, get the feel of, then "get out".

Fair enough.

Now let him attend the Oscars, give him a snub, and then let him "get out" of the USA.

Why anyone would care who wins an award for acting is beyond me. Why anyone would take what actors say about the world to heart is even more unfathomable to me.

As for the fashion, I'll just look at the pictures.

Originally posted by jimnyc
And what did Depp say after he finished the film Pirates of the Carribean?

"America is . . . like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive."

He was further quoted as saying he wanted his children to "see America as . . . a broken toy" that they should explore, get the feel of, then "get out".

Fair enough.

Now let him attend the Oscars, give him a snub, and then let him "get out" of the USA.

when did he say these, and what does it say where the ... are?

Originally posted by Moi
Why anyone would care who wins an award for acting is beyond me. Why anyone would take what actors say about the world to heart is even more unfathomable to me.
:clap: :clap:

Self-promoting award show that we are suppose to foam at the mouth over.:rolleyes:

I could not really care less about the oscars.

As far as the political rhetoric at the Oscars is concerned, I believe I heard that ABC is implementing a 5 second delay during broadcasting.

I hope if someone starts rambling, they pull the plug on 'em.

Forum List

Back