The original Tea Party was an act of terrorism.

How is putting a fake bomb in a school anything like throwing tea in the water in protest of tyranny?

Were children being threatened? Was anyone being threatened? Do you suppose anyone felt "scared" by the fact that the tea was dumped overboard?

Fucking idiot. You deserve a tyrannical government.

You know I wonder what really did happen there?
The history we are taught was written by the victors.
It seems like they would have had at least some guards for the ships full of valuable cargo?

You're a fucking idiot. No, history is not written entirely by victors. If you want history, you study it and you read everybody's version of events.

England had printing presses. I suggest you read what they said of the event. You apparently don't understand the concept of history any better than you understand the concept of terrorism.

Hmm I have never seen anything to read on the details of the Boston Tea Party.
It is all in the details.

Scarcely noted in the British press at first, the Boston Tea Party was magnified from a simple matter of destruction of property into an intolerable insult to British authority. Chiefly responsible for the incident were Sam Adams, a tough and cunning professional politician, who was said to control two Boston mobs which he exploited for his own personal gain and glory, and the rich and vain businessman John Hancock, later described as "an elegant revolutionary" of the "native governing class of merchants and landowners who interests were threatened by imperial policies and by the barrier to obtaining western land." These "incendiaries" used all manner of intimidation, even tarring and feathering loyal subjects of the king, to undermine their own current democratic self-rule

Boston Tea Party Historical Society

It begins to look like the TP was more about money than freedom.

Nothing has really changed.
Humans are still humans.

Scarcely noted in the British press at first, the Boston Tea Party was magnified from a simple matter of destruction of property into an intolerable insult to British authority. Chiefly responsible for the incident were Sam Adams, a tough and cunning professional politician, who was said to control two Boston mobs which he exploited for his own personal gain and glory, and the rich and vain businessman John Hancock, later described as "an elegant revolutionary" of the "native governing class of merchants and landowners who interests were threatened by imperial policies and by the barrier to obtaining western land." These "incendiaries" used all manner of intimidation, even tarring and feathering loyal subjects of the king, to undermine their own current democratic self-rule

Boston Tea Party Historical Society

I guess when they tax the hell out of you and burn you out and murder your family when you don't want to pay...or hang your neighbors from a tree....it tends to piss you off a bit.

If the British treatment of the Scots is any indicator...I think life for the Colonials wasn't very peaceful.

Course none of us lived during that time so it really doesn't matter what we think happened does it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back