The Orient Express

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Although the original Orient Express, most intimately associated with the cities of Paris and Istanbul, was simply a normal international railway service, the name has become synonymous with intrigue and luxury travel.

Tell me a story of your experience on the Orient Express. Adventure, intrigue, and chance encounters on the ultimate 1930’s luxury train.

Does my 5th grade field trip on Amtrak count?

I can't remember much of it other than the crush I had on Jim N. :eusa_shhh:

You're supposed to make up an interesting story, assuming you aren't old enough to have actually ridden on this train.... Go ahead.... Be creative!

You're supposed to make up an interesting story, assuming you aren't old enough to have actually ridden on this train.... Go ahead.... Be creative!

Board etiquette dictates that the OP (you) sets the standard. You start it off.

Then we come in to derail, debase and otherwise destroy the thread. :D

Last edited:

Board etiquette dictates that the OP (you) sets the standard. You start it off.

Then we come in to derail, debase and otherwise destroy the thread. :D

The OP set the stage. What? I have to do everything around here?

The trip back to Paris would bring some peaceful solitude. The funeral had been heart-wrenching and the gathering later overwhelming and noisy. The porter took my bags and I boarded just as the whistle blew. As I made my way through the car, several people were still getting settled -- some with families, some alone. I opened the door to my sleeper compartment, laid my gloves and purse on the table, and sank on the bed. Just a half hour of rest should help.

Nearly two hours later, a knock at the door woke me. Running my fingers through my hair to comb it, I went to open it. "Dinner is served in 15 minutes, maam. I've brought your bag." "Thank you." Quickly, I hurried to freshen up, open the bag and pull out suitable attire for dining -- a beige linen skirt, light blue butterfly blouse and pearls at my throat. After a swift glance in the mirror, I grabbed my purse and headed for the dining car.

The waiter seated me and offered me the menu. "Are you ready to order, Maam?" he inquired a few minutes later. "Yes, the house salad, and then the lobster tails. And an iced tea, please." "Yes Maam." As I waited, I glanced around at the other travelers. Only a few were not with family members.

A very handsome gentleman was situated 3 tables away, and I couldn't help but stare. He glanced up and caught my eyes, looking at him, and smiled. I could feel myself blushing, and quickly looked away. A cool drink of water was needed for my, suddenly, very dry throat.

"Here you are, Maam," the waiter said. It seemed like hours since he had asked what I wanted. "Your salad." "Thank you." As I ate, I peered up through my lashes to see if the gentleman was still looking at me. To my surprise, he was. My heart started to thump, and I wondered if I dared to speak to him. "Your lobster tails, Maam." "Oh, yes."

Eating became mechanical. There was not thought to it, or even any inkling of whether it was tasteful or not. Only the sense that I was being observed, and that I was looking back, was clear. Nor do I recall finishing the meal. "May I take your plate, Maam?" "What? Oh... yes. Thank you." "Will there be anything else?" "What? Oh... no, thank you. That was excellent."

He rose from his seat at the very moment that I did. I turned and began to walk back to my compartment, sensing his steps behind me, and his eyes on me.... As I touched the door handle to open the door, his hand was on mine. His mouth was on the back of my neck. I gasped at the heat that it brought, and when the door was finally open, his hands directed me inside...........

I road a train across washington on the night of Y2k because it was cheaper that night. It took us nine hours to make a trip that usually take four and a half.
As for the orient express I have only ever seen the movie.

I road a train across washington on the night of Y2k because it was cheaper that night. It took us nine hours to make a trip that usually take four and a half.
As for the orient express I have only ever seen the movie.

Dayum.... Are there no imaginations here?

Forum List

Back