The Orgasmatron

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
W-S doctor has high hopes for Orgasmatron
Doug Campbell
The Business Journal
WINSTON-SALEM -- Some time after the snickers have subsided, when fewer people wink knowingly about the new meaning of "O! Winston-Salem," Dr. Stuart Meloy sees in his so-called "Orgasmatron" a promising future -- as a business.

Meloy's device, which he has already patented and is indeed trying to trademark under the name Orgasmatron, has the power to give women a sexual climax. It's Woody Allen's "Sleeper" come to life, only instead of a walk-in booth, a tiny spinal cord stimulator delivers the pleasure.

He thinks that just as women dig into their own savings to pay for face lifts and breast implants, they likewise would fork over the estimated $17,000 to have an Orgasmatron, not unlike a pacemaker in size and function, permanently embedded in their lower backs. A hand-held remote control turns the device on and off.

Then maybe 1,000 women would flock to his Winston-Salem clinic each year for such a procedure. And if demand escalated, then the business could be franchised to locations throughout the world, Meloy believes.

"Sexuality is very pivotal in the human experience and some people feel they're missing out," Meloy said, alluding to the estimated 32 percent of women who can't achieve orgasm. "My anticipation is that patients who try this on a temporary basis will agree that paying $17,000 is worthwhile."

Meloy is an anesthesiologist at Piedmont Anesthesia and Pain Consultants, operating out of Medical Park Hospital. As has been told countless times over the past two years, he accidentally discovered the prowess of the Orgasmatron while performing a routine pain-relief procedure. The female patient began moaning in pleasure as he directed electrical pulses into her spine.

The media went wild with the story back in 2001, then it died down again until late November when Meloy told a British newspaper that he was having difficulty recruiting patients for a pilot clinical trial of the device to prove efficacy as a treatment for sexual dysfunction.

Thus did the media frenzy begin anew, with British newspapers in particular reporting and even editorializing.

link

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
$17,000???! Puhleez!

I'll stick to my $29.95 toy. It's multi-task :D

Damn thing cost me a bundle in batteries tho!

What exactly do you mean by "multi-task"? Please explain :wank:

Geeeez.

The days of seeing the ol "foot massager" from Spencer's are gone. Now-a-days they make handy little gadgets that do more than one thing.

Not that I'd know or anything.

:D

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Geeeez.

The days of seeing the ol "foot massager" from Spencer's are gone. Now-a-days they make handy little gadgets that do more than one thing.

Not that I'd know or anything.

:D

Please explain, I'm a male and don't know about these gadgets. What do they do? What are they used for? Is it something that is used often? :D

Forum List

Back