The Opioid Epidemic is Just Out of Control

Here is an article about a town I grew up close to, lived in and worked at for many years, and how the heroin problem has just devastated it to the point they were considering a three strikes rule. If you overdosed three times, after that they would no longer send the EMS to you and save your life, you'd just die.

Middletown, Ohio, a city under siege: “Everyone I know is on heroin”
---------------------------------------------------- practical solution isn't it Lew .

I wonder why it is so bad in Ohio?

The entire area between Cincinnati and Dayton is just full of it. Middletown, Hamilton, Franklin... they are all having a huge problem with heroin. There was a video not long ago where a couple OD'd while driving on I-75 just north of Cincinnati and their lives were saved. It's crazy.

ha
Here is an article about a town I grew up close to, lived in and worked at for many years, and how the heroin problem has just devastated it to the point they were considering a three strikes rule. If you overdosed three times, after that they would no longer send the EMS to you and save your life, you'd just die.

Thank you liberals for wanting the war on drugs to come to an end. Liberals are doing the drugs, which means that with the epidemic of opioid addiction, more liberals will be killing themselves, along with aborting their children, Democrat Party will never gain power again. I salute you Democrats for actually making the world a better place.

I have done alot of different kinds of drugs but never heroine. Wont touch that shit.

ha

Thank you liberals for wanting the war on drugs to come to an end. Liberals are doing the drugs, which means that with the epidemic of opioid addiction, more liberals will be killing themselves, along with aborting their children, Democrat Party will never gain power again. I salute you Democrats for actually making the world a better place.
You are a sadistic fuck

ha

This liberal doesn't do the opioids...

ha

You are a sadistic fuck
It's because Jesus is in his heart..

ha

You are a sadistic fuck
I am not the one wanting to put drugs into my system, why are liberals wanting to end the war on drugs? That makes them sadistic fucks, I am just pointing out how much of losers the liberals are, who want to kill themselves. By the way that was Sarcasm, which I knew would piss you libtards off.

ha

You are a sadistic fuck
I am not the one wanting to put drugs into my system, why are liberals wanting to end the war on drugs? That makes them sadistic fucks, I am just pointing out how much of losers the liberals are, who want to kill themselves. By the way that was Sarcasm, which I knew would piss you libtards off.
Treatment is better than prison where they educate people on how to make and sell more drugs...

ha

You are a sadistic fuck

WTF is wrong with you? This isn't political. Drug abuse crosses party lines. People of all different political affiliations are dying from this. You do realize that Ohio is a predominantly Red state? Kentucky and West Virginia where this is also a HUGE problem are RED states...

ha

You are a sadistic fuck
Being a liberal has nothing to do with addiction.....Just ask Rush Limpbone..

ha

You are a sadistic fuck
why doesnt it surprise me you dont know what sadistic means? Dumbfuck

I don't know, I have been prescribed Hydrocodone and similar things many times for various pains, after surgery, my back, etc. It was always effective and caused no problems. I took the pills as needed, got better then went on with my life. No harm, no foul. Good stuff. People don't get hooked or whatever because the doctor prescribed it, it messed them up because they abused it and messed themselves up. Everyone taking it has the power, if they want to, to simply STOP TAKING IT, if it starts having more control of their lives than desired.

Heck, when I was a kid and got earaches, my pediatrician always prescribed Paregoric! That is a tincture of opium! Real good stuff, it really worked, took the earache right away, not like most modern medicines. I don't think you could abuse it anyway as it was camphorated.

The problem isn't the drugs, it is the people taking them.

Three people OD'ed in Toronto this weekend, hundreds, maybe thousands a year OD in Vancouver each year. It's sad, and I wish people would resist the use of these killers. The worst are those who encourage others to try out these killers and get them hooked, to hell with all of them!

I don't know, I have been prescribed Hydrocodone and similar things many times for various pains, after surgery, my back, etc. It was always effective and caused no problems. I took the pills as needed, got better then went on with my life. No harm, no foul. Good stuff. People don't get hooked or whatever because the doctor prescribed it, it messed them up because they abused it and messed themselves up. Everyone taking it has the power, if they want to, to simply STOP TAKING IT, if it starts having more control of their lives than desired.

Heck, when I was a kid and got earaches, my pediatrician always prescribed Paregoric! That is a tincture of opium! Real good stuff, it really worked, took the earache right away, not like most modern medicines. I don't think you could abuse it anyway as it was camphorated.

Heroin is much much much more different than hydro.

I remember my first visit to my wifes doctor, I was getting bad headaches. He prescribed a couple of products and the pharmacy was conveniently located on premise. When I left his office I had forms in hand and the pharmacist smiled at me as I walked towards them. In one motion, I crumpled up the prescription and threw it out in the garbage bin nearby. She gave me a puzzled look as I walked out.

Bottom line, I don't like stuff in my body, I am a firm believer in the bodys natural ability to protect, defend and heal. Obviously there are times it is unavoidable, such as when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Even then, I halfed the dose given to me and didn't finish the entire prescription (which I am told is a no-no, but regardless).

I think everyone has a vice whether they have found it or not, I am not going to ever tempt these demons if I can avoid it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back