The opioid crisis: A 20-year conspiracy against patients

Oh yes I love it.....:trolls:
If you make a product that kills 400,000 people, don’t you think you ought to be in prison?
Cars killed twice that many in 20 years....wanna ban those too?
Do stupid things win stupid prizes...it's called 'dope' for a reason.
That’s absurd.

They made a product that they knew was deadly and could cause immediate addiction in some people. Then they flooded pharmacies across the country to addict as many people as they could, while making huge profits. They lied to the FDA about the dangers of these drugs. Yet, you think this similar to car accidents.

Have you lost your mind? Please get informed.
Some cars can go 200 mph...deadly for me and you if you happen to be on the road.
All the ads are always about 'freedom' and 'fun'.
40,000 per year on average. Killed in these death machines...every year.
LMFAO!

Is your last name Sackler?
No...is your last name Chevrolet?

Bullshit...I have been prescribed those pills and they are not hooking people unless they crush and snort them.
Get the F out of here. 400,000 Americans have died from opiates the past 20 years.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

People die every day you retard
And you love the killing, no doubt.

Probably the biggest way the opioids kill people is by clogging up their systems. I was listening to the radio, and a tremendous doctor, Michael Pinkus, was on the air. He explained when they did the autopsy on the Duke back in 1977, they found 41 pounds of fecal matter stuck in his gut.

Couple of reasons for this. John Wayne had a highly carnivorous diet, which moves through your system more slowly. And the 2nd reason is that the Duke was suffering from cancer and on heavy duty opioids which slowed down his system.

He got clogged up and then expired.

I can attest to that.
I'm on my 4th bottle of 40 after my hip replacement and diarrhea is definitely not a problem!! Part of it is the dehydration that comes with taking em,I'm up every two hours at night to take a leak. But thats still better than being up all night from the pain I suppose.

Personally I dont see how you'd get addicted to the things,I've never felt the euphoria some people say they get from em.

On the plus side the doc said it's time to ditch the walker and go with a cane,on the downside my hardwood floors are fucked from the damn walker.
A doc prescribed me some for my back...I took one, got dizzy and puked it back up. That was my opioid experience. Sent the bottle back the next day.

Get the F out of here. 400,000 Americans have died from opiates the past 20 years.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

Probably the biggest way the opioids kill people is by clogging up their systems. I was listening to the radio, and a tremendous doctor, Michael Pinkus, was on the air. He explained when they did the autopsy on the Duke back in 1977, they found 41 pounds of fecal matter stuck in his gut.

Couple of reasons for this. John Wayne had a highly carnivorous diet, which moves through your system more slowly. And the 2nd reason is that the Duke was suffering from cancer and on heavy duty opioids which slowed down his system.

I can attest to that.
I'm on my 4th bottle of 40 after my hip replacement and diarrhea is definitely not a problem!! Part of it is the dehydration that comes with taking em,I'm up every two hours at night to take a leak. But thats still better than being up all night from the pain I suppose.

Personally I dont see how you'd get addicted to the things,I've never felt the euphoria some people say they get from em.

On the plus side the doc said it's time to ditch the walker and go with a cane,on the downside my hardwood floors are fucked from the damn walker.
A doc prescribed me some for my back...I took one, got dizzy and puked it back up. That was my opioid experience. Sent the bottle back the next day.
Well that’s proof enough for me. LOL.

I can attest to that.

Sorry for not being a weak willed pantie waste who throws his entire life away for a pill. Social Darwinism is a good thing. The weak deserve to be culled.

I can attest to that.

Sorry for not being a weak willed pantie waste who throws his entire life away for a pill. Social Darwinism is a good thing. The weak deserve to be culled.

If you were in enough pain you'd have eaten a few pieces of bread and tried again.....trust me on that.

After a botched first hip replacement they went in again and only changed the ball because it was far less intrusive......after two dislocations,which hurt like a MFer by the way, they went in and cut me from the top of my ass cheek to around 6-8 inches above the knee.
I was never happier to see that syringe full of (Dilaudid) coming my way after the dislocations. And there's no way in hell you can make it through recovery without some oxycodone.

I can attest to that.

If you were in enough pain you'd have eaten a few pieces of bread and tried again.....trust me on that.

After a botched first hip replacement they went in again and only changed the ball because it was far less intrusive......after two dislocations,which hurt like a MFer by the way, they went in and cut me from the top of my ass cheek to around 6-8 inches above the knee.
I was never happier to see that syringe full of (Dilaudid) coming my way after the dislocations. And there's no way in hell you can make it through recovery without some oxycodone.
Do you think I took them on an empty stomach? Though I sympathise with your pain...we did exist for many many thousands of years without opiates.
As for my own pain I have rather advanced cervical degenerative disc disease (C5-6). Some days it's worse than others. I have had multiple cortisone injections, manipulations, physical therapy...yada yada. I take a shitload of NSAIDs as well..which will probably lead to some form of digestive cancer.
They will eventually have to do something...cutting related. I resist.

I can attest to that.

Do you think I took them on an empty stomach? Though I sympathise with your pain...we did exist for many many thousands of years without opiates.
As for my own pain I have rather advanced cervical degenerative disc disease (C5-6). Some days it's worse than others. I have had multiple cortisone injections, manipulations, physical therapy...yada yada. I take a shitload of NSAIDs as well..which will probably lead to some form of digestive cancer.

Been there done that. Mine required fusion of the third and fourth vertebrae.
As far as surgery goes I'd have to say the back was the worst,the third hip replacement would be second and the surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on my kidney being last.

As far as surgery goes I'd have to say the back was the worst,the third hip replacement would be second and the surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on my kidney being last.
There is no doubt that opiates are needed for those in extreme pain. No one in their right mind would deny access to these drugs, to such people. However, the evidence clearly shows that many Americans are addicted to opiates, yet they are not in extreme pain.

I would bet nearly every adult American know at least one person in their life that is addicted to opiates. I know of three people. One was a pharmacist who ultimately took her own life.

Here are some statistics about the opioid epidemic:

1. In 2017, health care providers across the US wrote more than 191 million prescriptions for opioid pain medication—a rate of 58.7 prescriptions per 100 people.

2. Despite guidelines to limit opioids as a first approach to managing most chronic pain, a study found primary care clinicians write 45% of all opioid prescriptions in the United States.

3. More than 11 million people misused prescription opioids in 2017.

4. Every day, more than 1,000 people are treated in emergency departments for misusing prescription opioids.

5. In 2017, prescription opioids were involved in more than 35% of all opioid overdose deaths: nearly 17,000.

6. From 1999 to 2017, almost 218,000 people in the United States died from overdoses related to prescription opioids.

7. The CDC estimates the total economic burden of prescription opioid misuse in the US is $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of health care, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement.

7 Staggering Statistics About America's Opioid Epidemic

I can attest to that.

Actually Dilaudid is hydrocodone, not oxycodone.

Oxy is considered to be somewhat more potent.

There is no doubt that opiates are needed for those in extreme pain. No one in their right mind would deny access to these drugs, to such people. However, the evidence clearly shows that many Americans are addicted to opiates, yet they are not in extreme pain.

I would bet nearly every adult American know at least one person in their life that is addicted to opiates. I know of three people. One was a pharmacist who ultimately took her own life.

1. In 2017, health care providers across the US wrote more than 191 million prescriptions for opioid pain medication—a rate of 58.7 prescriptions per 100 people.

2. Despite guidelines to limit opioids as a first approach to managing most chronic pain, a study found primary care clinicians write 45% of all opioid prescriptions in the United States.

4. Every day, more than 1,000 people are treated in emergency departments for misusing prescription opioids.

5. In 2017, prescription opioids were involved in more than 35% of all opioid overdose deaths: nearly 17,000.

6. From 1999 to 2017, almost 218,000 people in the United States died from overdoses related to prescription opioids.

7. The CDC estimates the total economic burden of prescription opioid misuse in the US is $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of health care, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement.

I definitely know the dangers.
The kid two doors down was home from college and his parents were in Germany for a year.
I was sitting in the garage as usual when all of a sudden a half dozen cop cars and an ambulance show up in my cul de sac.
I noticed the pool cleaning guy was standing around so I went and asked him what was up.
He said he found a body floating in the hot tub.
Turns out the kid ODed on opiates and drowned.

Then there was my buddies wife,and a year later my buddy died from em.

That shit is insidious!!! If there's one thing I learned from my drug and alcohol counselor mother is to be aware of your bad habits and to recognize when you're losing to them.

The kid two doors down was home from college and his parents were in Germany for a year.
I was sitting in the garage as usual when all of a sudden a half dozen cop cars and an ambulance show up in my cul de sac.
I noticed the pool cleaning guy was standing around so I went and asked him what was up.

That shit is insidious!!! If there's one thing I learned from my drug and alcohol counselor mother is to be aware of your bad habits and to recognize when you're losing to them.

When I broke my arm, and I was sitting in the ER and they were giving me some Dilaudid, some young fellow came in with an OD and the doctor excused themselves to take care of him.

The young man was unresponsive.

But they gave him a shot of narcan, and when I was leaving the hospital, he was chatting it up and being a pain in the ass almost immediately.

I can attest to that.

Actually Dilaudid is hydrocodone, not oxycodone.

Oxy is considered to be somewhat more potent.

Shiiiiit....Dilaudid delivered intravenously is bad ass!!!
Within 30 seconds you're comfortably numb and asleep 30 seconds later. They also gave me fentanyl which is another one of those "you're out of it" drugs.

The oxycodone delivered orally doesnt hold a candle to either.

When they reset my dislocated hip the second time they gave me fentanyl. I dont remember shit but the wife was freaking out standing outside the room because I was screaming my head off!!!
She ripped into the surgeon as he left the room and he told her I wouldnt remember a thing....he was right.

When I broke my arm, and I was sitting in the ER and they were giving me some Dilaudid, some young fellow came in with an OD and the doctor excused themselves to take care of him.

The young man was unresponsive.

But they gave him a shot of narcan, and when I was leaving the hospital, he was chatting it up and being a pain in the ass almost immediately.

...with no idea how close he came to dying.

STOP POSTING.

I don’t know anything.

I agree, you don't.

The Three Waves of Opioid Overdose Deaths

3 waves of the rise in opioid overdose deaths
From 1999-2017, almost 400,000 people died from an overdose involving any opioid, including prescription and illicit opioids.

This rise in opioid overdose deaths can be outlined in three distinct waves.
The first wave began with increased prescribing of opioids in the 1990s

with overdose deaths involving prescription opioids (natural and semi-synthetic opioids and methadone) increasing since at least 1999.

The second wave began in 2010, with rapid increases in overdose deaths involving heroin.

The third wave began in 2013, with significant increases in overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids – particularly those involving illicitly-manufactured fentanyl (IMF). The IMF market continues to change, and IMF can be found in combination with heroin, counterfeit pills, and cocaine.

Understanding the Epidemic | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

blaming pharma for all things evil is

dishonest.

Forum List

Back