The Ontario muppet politicians now sing "God Save the Queen" in parliament.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wish I could make this up, but it's honestly par for the course.

In Ontario now, on the first Monday of every month our politicians will obediently sing the anthem of a foreign nation. Why?

Sorry, but I'm with the Indigenous people on this. I have British heritage, but I'm not loyal to a foreign power ffs. We send the monarchy untold tax dollars every year, and for this privilege we sing their anthem.

Indigenous MPPs: Why we won’t sing ‘God Save the Queen’ at Queen’s Park today | The Star

Late last year, the Doug Ford Conservatives, with support from the Liberal and Green parties, quietly made a series of changes to the rules of procedure that must be followed in the chamber of the Ontario Legislature. Tucked in amongst the changes is a mandate to sing the British national anthem “God Save the Queen” on the first Monday of each month that the government is sitting.

On Monday, the 124 elected members of the Parliament of Ontario will be called to join in the singing of “God Save the Queen,” and we, the three Indigenous members of Ontario’s Official Opposition NDP, with the support of the NDP leader and caucus, will decline to participate.

If this is a real news well it's really strange..."God saves the Queen" is not even the official national anthem of Canada.
As far as I know "O Canada" is the Canadian national anthem since 1980. o_O

Forum List

Back