The only way we can help jobs in this country is to elect a Republican President

Creating jobs and "government" are two words that do not belong in the same sentence unless the sentence is: "Government cannot create jobs".

It's pretty simple folks - Government does not create wealth, but only redistributes it. Government has done nothing about jobs and the economy by transferring more money from the private sector to the public sector. All that happens is the private sector is left with even less money than before, and less capacity to create jobs.

Government needs to get the hell out of the way.

I almost voted R last time because I knew this would happen; now the country will swing R for eight more years because any effort of recovery today will become evident later and credit will reside with the sitting administration after 2012.

I figured if we had voted R last time than the country would have swung D in 2012 and then hope and change would have had a chance to plant roots for eight years.

The country will swing right for the next 40 years. You don't suppose the voters are so stupid that they will forget this lesson in 8 years, do you? All the voters now living will have to die before Democrats win all three branches of government again.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They are pretty fed up with the way Reps have conducted themselves after being given another chance.

I beg to differ! There is one way an obama second term could produce jobs. It's called 67 GOP Senators. Dayum, I'd love to see that. 4 years of crying stuttering, lame duck, impotence

Exactly...republicans will not allow anything to be accomplished as long as Obama is President
If he would present some sane, reasonable legislation, we would pass it. You jackasses keep bitching about obama proposing ideas that Republicans posed earlier, but you foget that he tacks on gifts for unions and taxes on the industry he happens to hate that particular day.
If he truly wants to try some ideas Republicans have suggested, he should demand Harry Reid grab the stack out of the waste basket and vote on them as written.

How about when he presents programs initially proposed by Republicans and they still reject them?

Fact is Republicans do not give a crap if Obama is proposing it

I have come to the realization that there is no way that electing Obama President in 2012 will help the jobs picture. We need to put in a Republican if we hope to improve employment in this country

As long as Obama is President, Republicans will block any jobs bill that can help improve employment. Not a single bill can pass until Republicans get the President that they want

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhh we only had POTUS and a veto proof majority Congressional Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have come to the realization that there is no way that electing Obama President in 2012 will help the jobs picture. We need to put in a Republican if we hope to improve employment in this country

As long as Obama is President, Republicans will block any jobs bill that can help improve employment. Not a single bill can pass until Republicans get the President that they want

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do

I am not Obama an Obama supporter by a long shot, but one of the reasons we are in a deep financial hole is because GWB. So why the fuck do you want to re-elect a republican?!?!?!?

People did not elect Republicans because they wanted more Obama policies...

The main issue is that Obama not stop holding the country hostage, he will not give at all. Obama only takes ideas he already liked and dumps the rest while never giving an inch on his policies others don't like.

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do.

The problem is there’s nothing a republican president can do to create jobs, or the House, for that matter. Anything a republican president and Congress might propose will be only the same failed ‘supply side, trickle down’ dogma that won’t have any positive effect on jobs or the economy overall: there’s just too much personal debt, too many employers reluctant to hire accordingly, and the dismal housing market will remain the biggest drag on the economy until the foreclosure surplus is eliminated.

Indeed, the economy will heal and the jobs will return in their own good time, regardless of the actions by the politicians in Washington.

In addition, unless the republicans win a ‘super majority’ in the Senate, the democrats will block any significant measures just as the GOP did during 2009 and 2010.

Of course there’s a school of thought that maintains the gridlock is a good thing, preventing too much power to the radical elements of either left or right.

Exactly...republicans will not allow anything to be accomplished as long as Obama is President
If he would present some sane, reasonable legislation, we would pass it. You jackasses keep bitching about obama proposing ideas that Republicans posed earlier, but you foget that he tacks on gifts for unions and taxes on the industry he happens to hate that particular day.
If he truly wants to try some ideas Republicans have suggested, he should demand Harry Reid grab the stack out of the waste basket and vote on them as written.

How about when he presents programs initially proposed by Republicans and they still reject them?

Try actually reading my post. If you need help with the big words, PM me.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhh we only had POTUS and a veto proof majority Congressional Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Allow me to finish your sentence. "we'd all be fucked?"

"They're all crooks and boobs." - my grandfather

If he was talking about the GOP, I agree whole heartedly. Read my book, Guilty of Just Thinking, Barnes and Noble Nookbooks.

Hmm 99 cents huh? Judging from what you contribute here, it's over priced by about 11 bucks.

HAHAHAHAHA....anyway, the political part was before I just started screaming at you dupes, and when posters dared to discuss their personal lives- jolly good fun!.

Anyway, Obama's going to be reelected, and Pubs will give up the do nothing BS. Nobody's believing it any more but total dittoheads...

I am not Obama an Obama supporter by a long shot, but one of the reasons we are in a deep financial hole is because GWB. So why the fuck do you want to re-elect a republican?!?!?!?

Because having a Democrat super majority and President has proved that it doesn't matter which party you vote for, they'll explode the deficit.

So we give obama what he wants and the economy is still in the shitter then what? I cannot in good conscience allow that to happen America wants a winner not a whiner so shut the fuck up. obama has had 2 years to figure out a way to get his car out of the ditch it’s time for a change

The stimulus worked, end the DEPRESSION AND THE RECESSION, technically, but it wasn't big enought to get jobs going again, so we need a jobs bill. If we'd done this in 2010 we;d be out of this NOW- but Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 1/2010, fear mongered NHC etc etc etc etc etc. Feg em!

Might you just consider that changing policies from insane to rational by dumping a marxist ideologue might have a salutary effect, rather than assuming that people opposing wrongheaded and destructive programs are two year olds in need of a long bit of contemplation in in the corner, and that giving into these two year olds and appeasing them might work?

Obama is a closet Republican. He has given us the lowest tax rates in the past 50 years. His economic team is made of free marketeers, from Geithner to Summers, i.e., people who believe that government should get out of Wall Street's way so that they can innovate.

Here is the real problem.

Supply side policies made sense in the early 80s. After 40 years of high-tax New-Deal-Liberalism, there was reason to believe that lower taxes and fewer regulations would lead not only to efficiency gains, but that it would free up capital for investment. Secondly, in the 80s we didn't have to worry about consumer demand because Americans still had high paying jobs, benefits, and generous entitlements. Therefore reforming the tax and regulatory system made sense.

The problem now is entirely different. We've had 30 years of tax cuts and deregulation. Taxes are at their lowest levels in over 50 years. Whatever advantages gained by supply side policies have been fully absorbed into the incentive structure.

Now, capital is sitting on more surplus than at any time in anyone's lifetime. The problem isn't that business lacks sufficient liquidity to invest. The problem is that they lack consumers, i.e., they have no incentive to invest. Business has spent the last 30 years seeking cheap labor - this meant that they got rid of high paying American jobs/benefits for 3rd world sweatshop labor. This is why everything is now made in human-rights-abusing dictator-controlled countries with oppressed workforces who make pennies a day. This flight to cheap labor has resulted in epic profits for American capital - but there is catch: when we got rid of high paying American jobs, we lost the necessary wage base to drive consumption. We tried to solve this problem by expanding the American credit system. Starting with Reagan, American consumption was sustained by debt (-we needed to do something in order to make up for decreased wages and disappearing benefits, so we sent people 3 credit card offers a week). It got so bad, that we had to turn our homes - the last asset left with any value - into ATMs. Now, we have nothing left. Consumers cannot borrow another penny. The era of making up for the failed Reagan trickle down with credit cards is over. This means there is zero demand - and there is no way to fix it by expanded borrowing. We are finally out of bullets. Business will not add one new job until the middle class has enough money (or credit) to consume. Giving business more tax cuts and fewer regulations will not fix consumer demand - it will not put money into the pockets of a foreclosed middle class. It will not make up for diminished wages and disappearing entitlements. Unlike the 80s, we now need very powerful, and very targeted demand centered policies. (Please recall WWII & the early postwar years when government spending on war manufacturing and infrastructure put an entire nation back to work. We need something that big to prime the pump or we will have a lost decade, or worse)

You are applying supply side medicine to a demand problem.

Do you know where the Bush Tax cuts went? Answer: not American jobs. Bush had the worst job creation of any American president in American history, yet American corporations made historic profits. Don't take my word for it - do the research. The Bush tax cuts resulted in a dangerously large surplus of capital at the top. This capital got stuck on top because there was not enough consumer demand to warrant investment in the real economy. So what happened? Where did the Bush tax cuts go for a growth vehicle? Answer: Wall Street invented the largest derivative ponzi scheme in history. They invented layer upon layer of bogus securities, swaps, and derivatives in order to satisfy the surplus capital looking for high returns. The result was one of the largest financial meltdowns in history.

The Supply Side policies that worked so well in the 80s suffered the same fate as the Keynesian policies of the postwar years: they were over applied by a once-vital political movement that had run its course. You cannot fix supply problems with Keynesean stimulus anymore than you can fix demand problems with tax cuts for the wealthy. In fact, applying either of these policies at the wrong time can have disastrous effects.

We are living in that grave.

The trick is not figuring out how to give more money (tax cuts) to the wealthy so they we will invest in jobs; rather, the trick is figuring out how to repair middle class demand so that capital has an incentive to invest in jobs. America has spent 30 years subsidizing and bailing out corporations - 30 years of state sponsored welfare which lead to criminal risk taking. Calling for even more help to the suppliers, whose pets have better health care than the poor, is going to be a tough sell, especially because we are suffering from the weakest demand since Hoover. This recession will not end until America figures out how to re-capitalize the middle class, which is literally too big to fail. Meaning: without consumption, without well paid, financially secure consumers who can consume without the need for credit gimmicks, the economy will be in a permanent state of crisis. The Reagan Revolution took care of the supply side. Indeed, business has more capital than ever. Now, after 30 years of neglect, we have to finally re-focus on demand. Obama is not the man for the job. The Left needs a tough ruthless bastard like FDR or LBJ. Short of that kind of fighter, I'd rather see a Republican president (preferably Ron Paul) - because at least a Republican will be allowed to pass some policies.

my 2 cents, respectfully

Last edited:
The usa should have voted Republican last time, thats the short of it.
You're damned shit sure, we should have. We'd have been out of this hole by now.

Bottom line...bullshit. It is globalization gone bad. That is why the Euro/Greek stuff is having such an effect. We have sold our souls to this freakin devil and we are in the unnamed austerity plan. At least the Greeks, Ireland, Protugal, Spain, et al are being told the truth. They at least know that austerity is being forced on them. We just get a bunch of political bru hah hah.

Austerity plan? Are you sure you know what austerity means?

The real fact is that he needs to present one proposal at a time. It might also help if he stopped attacking companies that creating jobs here and subsidizing companies that are creating jobs in Brazil.

If the Democrat wastes money at the rate of building up a 4 Trillion dollar debt in 2 years and the Republican builds up the same debt, but it takes him 8 years, I'll take the Republican every time.

It's like the old joke about the guy who had his wallet stolen, but didn't report it because the thief was spending less on his credit cards than his wife did.

Seriously, if you're not in a union that got a payoff and you're not the owner of a company that is being sued for hiring non-union workers, what impact has the presidents "jobs" plan had on you?

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do.

The problem is there’s nothing a republican president can do to create jobs, or the House, for that matter. Anything a republican president and Congress might propose will be only the same failed ‘supply side, trickle down’ dogma that won’t have any positive effect on jobs or the economy overall: there’s just too much personal debt, too many employers reluctant to hire accordingly, and the dismal housing market will remain the biggest drag on the economy until the foreclosure surplus is eliminated.

Indeed, the economy will heal and the jobs will return in their own good time, regardless of the actions by the politicians in Washington.

In addition, unless the republicans win a ‘super majority’ in the Senate, the democrats will block any significant measures just as the GOP did during 2009 and 2010.

Of course there’s a school of thought that maintains the gridlock is a good thing, preventing too much power to the radical elements of either left or right.

NOT doing anything and making it clear that nothing will be done would be a good first step. Right now the Obamabots are raiding and suing anything that appears to be a non-union job creator and subsidizing anything that appers to be Green, Unionized waste of money and time.

Obamabots cannot separate their ideology from their policy. They think that any business can thrive if it gets started because they have no idea how or why a business works.

In order to survive and grow, a business must offer a needed product that people want to buy that is a value to them because of quality and cost.

If nobody wants an overpriced solar panel that is expensive, low quality, poorly marketed and non-competitive due to the cheap availability of electricity from other sources the company will fail.

The only beings on the planet that don't understand this are spending my tax dollars.

Republicans have vowed to obstruct government until they can control all branches. If we want to go back to a government that is actually capable of passing legislation, it is obvious we need to give them what they demand

Forum List

Back