The only way we can help jobs in this country is to elect a Republican President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, Sep 17, 2011.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,456
    I have come to the realization that there is no way that electing Obama President in 2012 will help the jobs picture. We need to put in a Republican if we hope to improve employment in this country

As long as Obama is President, Republicans will block any jobs bill that can help improve employment. Not a single bill can pass until Republicans get the President that they want

So why don't we just admit the obvious and let the Republicans do what they want? We will have gridlock until we do

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Might you just consider that changing policies from insane to rational by dumping a marxist ideologue might have a salutary effect, rather than assuming that people opposing wrongheaded and destructive programs are two year olds in need of a long bit of contemplation in in the corner, and that giving into these two year olds and appeasing them might work?

3. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Wow. How shallow and shortsided. Both selfish and masochistic at the same time. The equivalant of holding a loaded gun to the head of an ex lover and informing them 'if I cant have you none can'.

Do us all a favor and shoot yourself in the head, America will do fine without warped neocon drivel.

4. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    I almost voted R last time because I knew this would happen; now the country will swing R for eight more years because any effort of recovery today will become evident later and credit will reside with the sitting administration after 2012.

I figured if we had voted R last time than the country would have swung D in 2012 and then hope and change would have had a chance to plant roots for eight years.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Do it for the sick bridges.

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,456
    What alternative do we have?

Where are all the Republican jobs bills since the GOP took the House? As long as Obama is President, Republicans will do nothing that might make him look good

Electing Obama in 2012 will mean it is at least 2016 till Republicans allow any legislation to pass

7. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    LOL! You're assuming that anything that either party will do will help the job situation?

There is essentially only one thing that government can do to help create jobs, try and get the middle class spending again. Tossing more shovel ready jobs (which may not be shovel ready) into the mix won't help, lowering taxes on the rich and/or businesses won't help, nothing that the retards in DC are discussing will help much if any at all. Strengthening the US dollar, ending free trade agreements, imposing a tax penalty on businesses that outsource instead of giving them a tax break, those things will help create jobs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Gas is to high for working stiffs to start spending.

Dont need to be Paul Krugman to know that/

9. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    You're right. Because we can't afford to pay $1,000 an hour every time Obama gives away $535 million in loans to a supporter whose PAC company goes bankrupt.

So thoughtful of you to say.

10. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

So, just to understand you, you're saying that the Big 0 has done nothing to date to help with jobs and now the Republicans are stopping him from working his magic?

Wow!