The only thing that can really save our country in the long run

So the solution is not term limits but voter limits. Bring back property qualifications or literacy tests

So renters can't vote? Half the people in any large city.

That's crazy.

Either own property or show a minimum net worth. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than what we have now? Yup. Is there another solution? No.

So.......who determines the minimum net worth, and what should it be in your opinion?

Term limits are a simplistic solution to tell me I am not capable of selecting the person best able to represent me.

If I am not satisfied, I will vote the person out. Otherwise, I should be able to reward good performance

So your "one" vote amid thousands of uninformed votes is going to make a difference?

Very naive

Collectively, myself and everyone in my district decide who should represent us

To say we are uninformed and that an inexperienced candidate would do a better job is naive

Elections are the public's opportunity to hold their representatives accountable. If politicians don't stand for re-election, then they aren't held accountable for their actions by their constituents.

There is one MAJOR flaw in your theory.

Most of the public has no idea just how bad these politicians rip us off. Uneducated voters far outweigh the informed ones. Hence we keep reelecting the same crooks over and over again.

So the solution is not term limits but voter limits. Bring back property qualifications or literacy tests

Even a bum living under an overpass has a right to decide who best represents his interests

Term limits are a simplistic solution to tell me I am not capable of selecting the person best able to represent me.

If I am not satisfied, I will vote the person out. Otherwise, I should be able to reward good performance

So your "one" vote amid thousands of uninformed votes is going to make a difference?

Very naive

Collectively, myself and everyone in my district decide who should represent us

To say we are uninformed and that an inexperienced candidate would do a better job is naive

So you agree Obama, an inexperienced candidate, was a mistake?

There is one MAJOR flaw in your theory.

Most of the public has no idea just how bad these politicians rip us off. Uneducated voters far outweigh the informed ones. Hence we keep reelecting the same crooks over and over again.

Even a bum living under an overpass has a right to decide who best represents his interests

Why?

Why?

Because our elected officials represent all Americans not just it's best and brightest. So just as a millionaire will vote for the person who best represents his interests, a bum living under an overpass will vote for the person who best represents his interests

That way, an elected official must balance the needs of every constituent

I am sure that everyoe who is against career politicians will vote out pretty much all of them? Newt, Romney and Paul fer sure.

I am not sure the remaining contenders are good enough to be called career politicians, novice perhaps?

Why?

Because our elected officials represent all Americans not just it's best and brightest. So just as a millionaire will vote for the person who best represents his interests, a bum living under an overpass will vote for the person who best represents his interests

The elected pols still represent the bum.
Chris Christie represents you even though you didnt for him.

Last edited:

He does not represent ME I live in KY.
Nor does he in any way resemble me.

He still represents the millionaire too. Why are the needs of a millionaire more important than the needs of a bum?

One man....one vote

Cornerstone of the United States

It is pretty much hopeless. The Supreme Court said that money can talk and have free speech.

I guess those 6% of scientists did not openly question the Supreme court in the scientific impossibility?

He still represents the millionaire too. Why are the needs of a millionaire more important than the needs of a bum?

One man....one vote

Who said the needs of one were more important? No one.
The person with a stake in the system ought to have more say than someone who just benefits without paying in. The person who has demonstrated some kind of ability and drive deserves to have a say, while the person who has a demonstrated history of incompetence does not.

He does not represent ME I live in KY.
Nor does he in any way resemble me.

Are you suddenly envious of Rightwinger that you want to be him?
Don't.

One man....one vote

The person with a stake in the system ought to have more say than someone who just benefits without paying in. The person who has demonstrated some kind of ability and drive deserves to have a say, while the person who has a demonstrated history of incompetence does not.

So why not just allocate your voting power according to the size of your checkbook?

One man....one vote

So why not just allocate your voting power according to the size of your checkbook?

Why?

The fact that you can't seem to grasp the idea that all threads don't revolve around Paul indeed does speak volumes. Do try to keep up.

Quit fighting the revolution and join us!

Rather than join you I think I may just mute you. It gets tiring listening to your Paul fantasies in EVERY DAMN THREAD.

Give it a rest.

Suck it libby. I get tired of paying for your hand outs every damn paycheck.

Quit fighting the revolution and join us!

Rather than join you I think I may just mute you. It gets tiring listening to your Paul fantasies in EVERY DAMN THREAD.

Give it a rest.

Suck it libby. I get tired of paying for your hand outs every damn paycheck.

What are you? Fucking 12 years old?
Grampa owns his own company and has busted his ass for years getting to where he is. You need to get off mom's couch in hte basement and take your head out of your ass.

Term limits for Congress.

We have term limits, they’re called elections – that the voters don’t use them correctly doesn’t justify an inane amendment.

I'd also like to see a justification of how each bill is Constitutional.

All laws passed by Congress are presumed to be Constitutional, until a Federal court says otherwise. It’s incumbent upon Congress to pass laws in good faith they believe to be Constitutional, but only the Judicial branch may determine if a law is Constitutional or not.

Forum List

Back