The Only Thing About OWS I Find Even Vaguely Understandable

Are you truly that clueless? Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?

Well, there should be lots of time to tend a garden for their own veggies since uncle sam hasn't provided a living for them. I know it takes a bit of effort so likely not a viable option.

Grow a garden where?

Have you ever witnessed poverty?

Please help me understand your thinking. Is it really your belief that all poor people are just lazy "welfare queens in Cadillacs" that don't want to work?

Do you realize that for every ONE job out there, that there are FOUR people looking for it?

You wondered how there could be poverty and obesity at the same time and I explained, quite clearly, how that can happen.

Too bad excuses wouldn't feed the useless their bellies would never be empty.

Are you truly that clueless? Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?

Who is forcing you to eat at McDonalds? That's right... no one. Grow a fucking spine. If you need someone to make your life choices, fine. Find a life coach.... we just don't need to elect them to look after the rest of us. We don't need it.

Idiot.

In your haste to live up to your self ascribed "bitch" label, you didn't follow the thread. Funny how that makes ME an idiot.

Tinybrain was wondering how you can be poor and obese and I explained how.

Actually she wasn't wondering. You manage to get it wrong yet again.
You seem to have a 100% rtack record here for screwing up, misreading, misunderstanding and taking the wrong side.
Like your idiotic avatar. 99% of what? I realize that is the OWM sign but it is meaningless. Like your posts.

The criticism of the wall street protesters is another example of the right wing in America showing their true colors. Freedom is a word they use constantly in defending wrongs, but if regular people exercise their freedom, no longer does freedom mean freedom. It shows clearly why the ideology driven right wing fails when given the reigns of governance, they simply cannot act in ways that work for America, as they are stuck to slogans and empty words. Without instructions from right wing radio and corporate think tanks, the right wing is lost and unable to perform. As I have noted many times they fail in power, they have no concrete accomplishments, and out of power do the only thing they can do, scapegoat and whine and whine and whine. Whine on wingnuts, whine on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

Funny - when the Tea Party states many of these very same goals - you don't seem to be as supportive.

Okay, these folks have me convinced that they're mostly just a bunch of whackjobs. Here's the blurb from Wiki:

The participants of the events are mainly protesting against social and economic inequality, corporate greed, and the influence of corporate money and lobbyists on government, among other concerns.[10][11] Adbusters states that, "Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America."

So what are they gonna do? Pass laws that people can't get TOO rich? Will we have statutes against emotions / character flaws?
"The citizens shall not be jealous, sentimental or greedy..." WTF?

The only thing I can understand is the concern about corporate influence and lobbyists. Hell, I can even agree that's bad for our government.

I wonder. Will it also apply to unions?

I wonder why these people were not supporting the TEA Parties.

Stop capitalizing TEA, as if anyone takes that post-facto contrived acronym seriously.

And yes, early on before it was hijacked and it's demands started to look eerily similar to that of the Chamber of Commerce, the tea party folks had a lot in common with the OWS folks.

Who is forcing you to eat at McDonalds? That's right... no one. Grow a fucking spine. If you need someone to make your life choices, fine. Find a life coach.... we just don't need to elect them to look after the rest of us. We don't need it.

Idiot.

In your haste to live up to your self ascribed "bitch" label, you didn't follow the thread. Funny how that makes ME an idiot.

Actually she wasn't wondering. You manage to get it wrong yet again.
You seem to have a 100% rtack record here for screwing up, misreading, misunderstanding and taking the wrong side.
Like your idiotic avatar. 99% of what? I realize that is the OWM sign but it is meaningless. Like your posts.

Here is her direct quote:

only in America can left wing nutbars bitch about obesity and poverty in the same breath.

As though you can't be obese and poor. Clearly that isn't the case and I explained how such a thing can occur.

Of course, since you are a complete and utter imbecile, I don't really expect you to understand.

Idiot.

And I answered your question of "Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?" But you chose to ignore that post.

Idiot.

And I answered your question of "Tell me, what costs more: the dollar menu at McDonalds or a healthy, home cooked meal with fresh meat and vegetables?" But you chose to ignore that post.

Right...your answer was that the poor should buy in bulk. That's so realistic. :rolleyes:

Right...your answer was that the poor should buy in bulk. That's so realistic. :rolleyes:

Which is cheaper? Chicken at $1.99/lb or chicken at $3.99/lb. or 'chicken' from McD's at $8.00/lb? What's preventing them from buying in bulk and preparing home cooked meals?

hehehehe

only in America can left wing nutbars bitch about obesity and poverty in the same breath.

I think you can select healthy foods now at McADoo's.. don't they have eggs, milk and fruit on the menu along with salads with grilled chicken..why don't you take that tired old worn out argument and put it to bed. eating fatty unhealthy food from McADoos is a personal choice..

hehehehe

I think you can select healthy foods now at McADoo's.. don't they have eggs, milk and fruit on the menu along with salads with grilled chicken..why don't you take that tired old worn out argument and put it to bed. eating fatty unhealthy food from McADoos is a personal choice..

The Economics of Obesity: Why are Poor People Fat?

High food costs may boost obesity among poor in U.S.

hehehehe

They do? I don't eat there so I have no clue that offered anything but crap.

Absolutely on your last sentence. Hey, if these COWS are so opposed to 'big corps', why do they give them so much business?

Which is cheaper? Chicken at $1.99/lb or chicken at $3.99/lb. or 'chicken' from McD's at $8.00/lb? What's preventing them from buying in bulk and preparing home cooked meals?

As a seasoned bulk shopper I can say.

Getting started is the hardest, especially if you have little income. It takes months to build up supplies. It is not easily started by those desperate for simple necessities. In some cases the cheaper way to go would be the double cheeseburger. You dont pay for storage or preparation.

Well, there should be lots of time to tend a garden for their own veggies since uncle sam hasn't provided a living for them. I know it takes a bit of effort so likely not a viable option.

Grow a garden where?

Have you ever witnessed poverty?

Please help me understand your thinking. Is it really your belief that all poor people are just lazy "welfare queens in Cadillacs" that don't want to work?

Do you realize that for every ONE job out there, that there are FOUR people looking for it?

You wondered how there could be poverty and obesity at the same time and I explained, quite clearly, how that can happen.

I live in one of the poorer counties in the US. I see poverty everyday. What I see is people who get hooked on govt handouts and refuse to do anything that might better themselves because they might lose their checks and food stamps. Welfare is more addictive than crack and harder to get off of.

In my part of the state they beg for people to work and no one wants to. Its too easy to sit on your butt and wait for the first of the month.

It is cheaper to eat well but requires more work. Work that most people on welfare are not willing to put in. They have forgotten how to or see no need for it because all they can think of is the present not the future.

Why can't they? Oh that's right.. they're incapable of cogent decision making hence the need for cradle to grave assistance.

You leftists are all the same.

The Economics of Obesity: Why are Poor People Fat?

High food costs may boost obesity among poor in U.S.

Did you even read your own links?

There is some truth in all of these statements. But they certainly do not apply to all lower income workers. Each exhibits a significant misunderstanding. And none of them identify the real reason why modern poverty is so closely correlated with obesity.

Funny, in the list of suggestions as to why the poor are fat, 'choosing to eat crap' wasn't one of the options.

All that corner-store processed food is relatively inexpensive — artificially so. Researchers say that many junk foods contain high-fructose corn syrup, made from government-subsidized corn crops. Federal help keeps the cost of syrup-containing foods such as sodas, fries and even burgers down.

So government is keeping the poor fat . . . to keep the fat poor . . . so they rely on government even more . . . which keeps the poor fat.

You can't confuse Seabytch with the facts.
Every post is a tissue of ignorance, incoherence, and lies.

Getting started is the hardest, especially if you have little income. It takes months to build up supplies. It is not easily started by those desperate for simple necessities. In some cases the cheaper way to go would be the double cheeseburger. You dont pay for storage or preparation.

I'm also a seasoned bulk shopper . . . always have been. And? Who said anything about easy? It's easier for me to order a pizza rather than shop, prepare, cook meals every night.

No, the cheaper way is to buy in bulk and put the time in in preparation; the easier way is to go drive-thru.

Add up how much it costs per lb. of meat at McD's vs. buying in bulk/home prep. Home cooked is cheaper.

I'm also a seasoned bulk shopper . . . always have been. And? Who said anything about easy? It's easier for me to order a pizza rather than shop, prepare, cook meals every night.

No, the cheaper way is to buy in bulk and put the time in in preparation; the easier way is to go drive-thru.

Add up how much it costs per lb. of meat at McD's vs. buying in bulk/home prep. Home cooked is cheaper.

We dont disagree, home preparation is the cheapest way to go, but not in all cases. The individual circumstances dictate that, but as a general rule you are very correct.

Now the question or the thing I have been searching for. Big bulk shrimp. Havent found it yet. You?

Forum List

Back