The Only Moderates Fighting In Syria Are the Soldiers of the Syrian Arab Army

montelatici

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2014
As for those 70,000 moderates fighting in Syria, the only place they are to be found is in the ranks of the non sectarian Syrian Arab Army, made up of Alawites, Sunnis, Druze, and Christians fighting for their homes, their people, and their country.

The only remaining multi-confessional army in the Middle East besides Lebanon's.

Please note------Monte defines BAATHISTS as "moderates" ----Baathists like mass killer Saddam Hussein-----and Baathists like Gamel Abdul Nasser the only bastard
to use NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS since world war II--------that Baathist pig dropped the stuff on "anti Baathist" villages of women and children in Yemen in
the early 1950s------long before he shoved his own army under the BUS ---for the
sake of his MASSIVE UNITED ARAB REPUBLIC NAZI AMBITIONS -----knocked
off hundreds of thousands ------to no purpose and then the filthy bastard dropped dead --------best move of his career. Baathism is arab/muslim nazism

As for those 70,000 moderates fighting in Syria, the only place they are to be found is in the ranks of the non sectarian Syrian Arab Army, made up of Alawites, Sunnis, Druze, and Christians fighting for their homes, their people, and their country.

The only remaining multi-confessional army in the Middle East besides Lebanon's.
The US military was saying this at least as far back as 2013. Now if we could just get some one in this administration to listen.

As zionazis back those "moderate" alawite army, it's clear why Aleppo citizens have find refuge in Turkey.

Israeli General Calls for Providing Arms to Assad "to Save the Regime" against "Extremist Muslim Groups"

US military provided Assad with intel on extremists via Russia, Israel & Germany - report

The US military was saying this at least as far back as 2013. Now if we could just get some one in this administration to listen.

there are some Christians who are BAATHISTS-------Adolf Hiter was a catholic-----
SO? Some very notorious murderers of infants were actually Christian Baathists------Mengele was a Christian too------there are always EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE. Even mass murderer SADDAM HUSSEIN had a few pet Christian
Baathist "friends" as he dropped poison gas on tens of thousands of children for allah

there are some Christians who are BAATHISTS-------Adolf Hiter was a catholic-----
SO? Some very notorious murderers of infants were actually Christian Baathists------Mengele was a Christian too------there are always EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE. Even mass murderer SADDAM HUSSEIN had a few pet Christian
Baathist "friends" as he dropped poison gas on tens of thousands of children for allah
Actually my point was that the so called moderates are nothing of the sort. By pretty much every account I've heard they're by and large Islamists. I don't want us arming them. Now I'm no big fan of Assads but at this point the alternatives are worse.

Where the "moderates" are in charge (a quickly declining area) they practice Sharia Law and veils are required. The Syrian people are too civilized to be subjected to that. Let's hope the secular Syrian Arab Army succeeds in ridding Syria of these Sunni Islamists. The Baathists are the only secular hope for Syria.

Where the "moderates" are in charge (a quickly declining area) they practice Sharia Law and veils are required. The Syrian people are too civilized to be subjected to that. Let's hope the secular Syrian Arab Army succeeds in ridding Syria of these Sunni Islamists. The Baathists are the only secular hope for Syria.
Agreed. It seems to me the only force that is fighting with every group on one side are the govt forces. Although the Kurds deserve props as well. I read recently that the vast majority of the Syrian population is in govt controlled areas. I can't recall the exact number and didn't have time to verify with other sources but if true it would carry a lot of weight with me. A lot of people don't realize how many Sunnis are fighting with govt forces. Just the fact that all these different factions feel safe with govt forces is telling.

As of yesterday the secular Syrian Arab Army's "Tiger Brigade", 4 Al-Baath Battalions and the Desert Hawks Brigade are 7 km. from completely surrounding and trapping ISIS forces east of Aleppo.

Agreed. It seems to me the only force that is fighting with every group on one side are the govt forces. Although the Kurds deserve props as well. I read recently that the vast majority of the Syrian population is in govt controlled areas. I can't recall the exact number and didn't have time to verify with other sources but if true it would carry a lot of weight with me. A lot of people don't realize how many Sunnis are fighting with govt forces. Just the fact that all these different factions feel safe with govt forces is telling.

The Kurds (YPG) have signed a non-aggression pact with the Syrian Government. In other word most of the Turkish border will be sealed by the Kurds from north of Aleppo to the far east of the country. They will form a buffer between Turkey and Syria. The Syrians seem to be cool with this because it will seal Erdogan off and the Kurds will need the Syrians as back up against the Turks.

The Kurds (YPG) have signed a non-aggression pact with the Syrian Government. In other word most of the Turkish border will be sealed by the Kurds from north of Aleppo to the far east of the country. They will form a buffer between Turkey and Syria. The Syrians seem to be cool with this because it will seal Erdogan off and the Kurds will need the Syrians as back up against the Turks.
The Turks really worry me. If they decide to go all out the Syrains and Kurds together won't be able to stop them. With the Russians in the mix this could get way beyond "messy". On top of the Russians I'm not sure what the Iranians would do. Waaaay beyond messy.

The PKK have declared war on Turkey, I doubt the Turks want to take on the YPG Kurds, Syria, Russia and Iran.

So after more than 40 years of Baas fascist and savage reign, you hope that it will continue?

2012-07-13t191103z_171764020_gm1e87e06mb01_rtrmadp_3_syria-crisis.jpg

The PKK have declared war on Turkey, I doubt the Turks want to take on the YPG Kurds, Syria, Russia and Iran.
I don't know, Erdogan worries me. I sometimes wonder if he sees himself rebuilding the Ottoman empire. In addition I see this whole mess as a proxy war anyway. Who gets to supply Europe with LNG, Iran or the gulf states. I worry Turkey may go in with US backing and urging.

I have the benefit of having visited Syria often when Bashar's father was in charge. I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, so I was familiar with how it was to live under an oppressive Islamist regime, even though I was in the U.S. Army.

We would go to Damascus for R&R. There were sidewalk cafe's, nice restaurants, women dressed in miniskirts, there churches and you could drink wine drink whiskey. It was like being in Europe. Yes, if you were a devout Sunni and made a fuss and tried to preach an Islamist revolution or you were too vocal with respect to criticizing the regime , you risked big. Death and torture was possible. But overall, the Saudis were far worse to their people that showed disloyalty than the Baathist regime.

I don't know, Erdogan worries me. I sometimes wonder if he sees himself rebuilding the Ottoman empire. In addition I see this whole mess as a proxy war anyway. Who gets to supply Europe with LNG, Iran or the gulf states. I worry Turkey may go in with US backing and urging.

That would be a big mistake. That might unify the Syrian, Turkish, Iranian and Iraqi Kurds against Turkey. The Iraqi Kurds would have go along with their fellow Kurds even though they receive substantial support from the U.S.

So after more than 40 years of Baas fascist and savage reign, you hope that it will continue?

Did you ever stop to think of what would happen if Assad fell to these groups? The "moderates" have not been particularly kind to the Christians, Druze, Alawhites, Shia or any one that isn't hard line Sunni. While Assads forces have been horrible at times, I have to wonder what many of us would do when faced with potentially being eradicated. I don't mean that as forgiving the Assad crimes but if I was fighting some one that I knew was going to slaughter or enslave every one I know and love, I hate to think of what I would be capable of.

That would be a big mistake. That might unify the Syrian, Turkish, Iranian and Iraqi Kurds against Turkey. The Iraqi Kurds would have go along with their fellow Kurds even though they receive substantial support from the U.S.
I hope you're right. I know there are cooler heads in Turkey, unfortunately I'm not sure Erdogan's listening.

Did you ever stop to think of what would happen if Assad fell to these groups? The "moderates" have not been particularly kind to the Christians, Druze, Alawhites, Shia or any one that isn't hard line Sunni. While Assads forces have been horrible at times, I have to wonder what many of us would do when faced with potentially being eradicated. I don't mean that as forgiving the Assad crimes but if I was fighting some one that I knew was going to slaughter or enslave every one I know and love, I hate to think of what I would be capable of.
Do you know that more than 1 million of christians leave the country since the putsch of this mafia regime?

Formation of a Christian Battalion in the Free Syrian Army

Do you know that more than 1 million of christians leave the country since the putsch of this mafia regime?

Formation of a Christian Battalion in the Free Syrian Army

That propaganda won't work. Christians overwhelmingly support the Government and volunteer to serve in the secular Syrian Arab Army. Take your propaganda elsewhere. This is what the Catholic Reporter says. I'll go with them.

"We should not be blind to the fact that there is a project out there to destroy [Syria's] rich, pluralist, and unbelievably intricate culture and replace it with a monochrome version of Wahhabi Islam"

ISIS, Assad, and What the West is Missing About Syria | Catholic World Report - Global Church news and views

Forum List

Back