The Ones Who Jumped Were the Brave and the Lucky

The terror must have been unimaginable.

It's interesting how the human body and brain work. I don't remember being afraid on Sept. 11th. It was just about getting away from the dust cloud, getting in contact with my family, finding my girlfriend, and getting home safely.

The "terror" didn't come until later.

i didn't stop crying for two weeks after. i've always wondered if i made my son more serious than he otherwise would have been b/c of those two weeks.

i'm not sure we ever really get over that stuff.

To some extent, we are all just a sum of our experiences.

The fear and terror and sadness of Sept. 11th is one of mine, but so is the way NYC came together in the weeks and months afterwords.

Some of the experiences that make me most proud of being an American and a New Yorker happened in the aftermath of September 11th.

I have no need to watch that video.

I was there, and saw it myself. I'm sure I'll have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

i wasn't there that morning. i was running late. didn't make it in to the city.

but i worked on the 44th floor of WTC while i was in law school. seeing a plane hit 10 stories above the window you used to look out of while drinking coffee is pretty weird.

i don't even like seeing the 'freedom tower'.

OMG - To have come THAT close ... Just that would be terrifying in a strange kind of way.

The freedom tower - I think its shameful that we didn't have it finished within the first year.

i wasn't there that morning. i was running late. didn't make it in to the city.

but i worked on the 44th floor of WTC while i was in law school. seeing a plane hit 10 stories above the window you used to look out of while drinking coffee is pretty weird.

i don't even like seeing the 'freedom tower'.

I saw the "Freedom Tower" construction for the first time last time I visited NY, back in January. It doesn't fit into the skyline.

i agree... i think they should have built a park.

and, honestly, you couldn't pay me enough to work in that building.

i didn't let my son put stuyvesent high school on his list because of where it was located. made him apply to brooklyn tech instead.

For shame! :D

(I can't help it. Tech has been our rival forever)

That reminds me, I need to get back to the city for my 10-year high school reunion...

Willow you are so fucking stupid that you REALLY don't have a clue how bad taste your politicising that event is.

You don't have any idea how scared those people were. Calling them brave is disgusting. Calling them lucky is disgusting.

Unless you have a recorded cell phone call you can quote from one of those poor unfortunate souls stating that they were about to do the "Brave Thing" ...please shut the fuck up.

Seriously.

Willow was NOT politicizing this...think about it. We can only imagine what those poor people were thinking, do i burn or jump and make it quick? Either way they knew they were not going to live. They were VERY brave. I can't imagine having to make that choice! You know damn well there was nothing wrong with what was posted, your just being an ass.

Willow you are so fucking stupid that you REALLY don't have a clue how bad taste your politicising that event is.

You don't have any idea how scared those people were. Calling them brave is disgusting. Calling them lucky is disgusting.

Unless you have a recorded cell phone call you can quote from one of those poor unfortunate souls stating that they were about to do the "Brave Thing" ...please shut the fuck up.

Seriously.

Willow was NOT politicizing this...think about it. We can only imagine what those poor people were thinking, do i burn or jump and make it quick? Either way they knew they were not going to live. They were VERY brave. I can't imagine having to make that choice! You know damn well there was nothing wrong with what was posted, your just being an ass.
Sweetie, weren't you one of the ones demonizing Biden for saying bittersweet?

Thank you, President Obama, for giving the order to kill the monster responsible for this and thank you for bringing our troops home from the illegal, senseless and enormously expensive (in both lives and money) war in Iraq. Thank you for ordering the deaths of other Taliban and al Quada and thank you for NOT taking us into another war to do it.

Thank You Obama for demonizing the very people that paved the way for you to take credit for something you didn't do..... :thup:

Forum List

Back