The one thing Obama was 100% correct about.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Superpacs are a threat to our democracy. Now before you go off half cocked I get the free speech routine. And you are right. Problem is most of the electorate is ignorant of the truth and those same people that are ignorant of the facts don't search for truth but they do vote. Just a few ads this year have already spewed a shit ton of garbage on both sides and most won't dig for the truth. JUST LIKE TM

I have said all along that our campaign's should be publicly financed. Money doesn't buy elections, the most effective lies do.

And we've only seen the beginning of this nonsense. NOTHING good will come of all this money in our elections. Even if Romney wins it's a downward spiral.

Except the incumbent has an advantage naturally that cannot be measured in money. Banning contributions will only make incumbents unbeatable. No one wants that.

I think we need unlimited contributions but full disclosure as to where it came from within 72 hours.

Superpacs are a threat to our democracy. Now before you go off half cocked I get the free speech routine. And you are right. Problem is most of the electorate is ignorant of the truth and those same people that are ignorant of the facts don't search for truth but they do vote. Just a few ads this year have already spewed a shit ton of garbage on both sides and most won't dig for the truth. JUST LIKE TM

I have said all along that our campaign's should be publicly financed. Money doesn't buy elections, the most effective lies do.

And we've only seen the beginning of this nonsense. NOTHING good will come of all this money in our elections. Even if Romney wins it's a downward spiral.

:thup:

• Banned
Except the incumbent has an advantage naturally that cannot be measured in money. Banning contributions will only make incumbents unbeatable. No one wants that.

I think we need unlimited contributions but full disclosure as to where it came from within 72 hours.

We've had many one term presidents. The only difference now is the hardcore hyperpartisanship. Combine the internet and unlimited money and tell me the result

Please expand.

Money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

• Banned

Money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

Freedom

Everything in moderation least you create problems for yourself and others

Money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

Freedom

Everything in moderation least you create problems for yourself and others

Yup. And this is one of those things that needs moderation.

I agree.

To run, and have a shot of winning now takes such an enormous amount of money, that it's boxed us in to the 2 party system. Not to mention that you're having special interest groups, everything from unions to big oil who are essentially buying themselves the best candidate.

In the end, Americans end up where we are now.

Can't argue that we have seen shining examples of this from both sides just this week.

You make a very good point here.

I agree.

To run, and have a shot of winning now takes such an enormous amount of money, that it's boxed us in to the 2 party system. Not to mention that you're having special interest groups, everything from unions to big oil who are essentially buying themselves the best candidate.

In the end, Americans end up where we are now.

It would seem that such a topic should be addressed by the owners manual for our government (the Constitution). When you live under a document that is 225 years old you get this sort of service from the blueprint.

We've had many one term presidents. The only difference now is the hardcore hyperpartisanship. Combine the internet and unlimited money and tell me the result

What does one term presidents have to do with anything? Reagan had like 20 backers for his first race. This relieved him of the insane fundraising we see today because people are limited to $500 donations or whatever the limit is. Has McCain Feingold helped or hurt the election process?

With the internet, which is free for the most part, and "unlimited" money (there is no unlimited money) candidates can get their messages out even when the lamestream media strongly is in the tank for one guy, as it is now.

superpacs are a threat to our democracy. Now before you go off half cocked i get the free speech routine. And you are right. Problem is most of the electorate is ignorant of the truth and those same people that are ignorant of the facts don't search for truth but they do vote. Just a few ads this year have already spewed a shit ton of garbage on both sides and most won't dig for the truth. Just like tm

i have said all along that our campaign's should be publicly financed. Money doesn't buy elections, the most effective lies do.

And we've only seen the beginning of this nonsense. Nothing good will come of all this money in our elections. Even if romney wins it's a downward spiral.

money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

x2

All they need to do is Open up the Donor lists, and stop with this Silly Notion that the Candidates are not a part of what Super Pacs say in their Name.

Forum List

Back