The One Orders The Hoi Poloi To "Get Used To High Gas Prices"

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Consistent with his campaign promise that energy prices would skyrocket, Obama told a group of plebians who still pump their own gas to "get used to it" and "buy a new car".

Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now averaging close to $3.70 a gallon nationwide, and suggested that the gentleman consider getting rid of his gas-guzzling vehicle.”

Instapundit » Blog Archive » OBAMA: Get Used To High Gas Prices. “Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now…

And check him out "remembering what it was like to pump gas":

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama: "I Remember What It Was Like Pumping Gas"

We are doomed with this man in the White House.

OPEC is fucking us ppl. No matter dem or repub if congress and the POTUS doesnt do anything to break up that cabal high gas prices will always be around.

Monopolies don't care about costs

Jimmy Carter - The "Malaise Speech"

Point one: I am tonight setting a clear goal for the energy policy of the United States. Beginning this moment, this Nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 -- never. From now on, every new addition to our demand for energy will be met from our own production and our own conservation. The generation-long growth in our dependence on foreign oil will be stopped dead in its tracks right now and then reversed as we move through the 1980's, for I am tonight setting the further goal of cutting our dependence on foreign oil by one-half by the end of the next decade -- a saving of over 4 1/2 million barrels of imported oil per day.

Point two: To ensure that we meet these targets, I will use my Presidential authority to set import quotas. I'm announcing tonight that for 1979 and 1980, I will forbid the entry into this country of one drop of foreign oil more than these goals allow. These quotas will ensure a reduction in imports even below the ambitious levels we set at the recent Tokyo summit.

Point three: To give us energy security, I am asking for the most massive peacetime commitment of funds and resources in our Nation's history to develop America's own alternative sources of fuel -- from coal, from oil shale, from plant products for gasohol, from unconventional gas, from the Sun.

Point four: I'm asking Congress to mandate, to require as a matter of law, that our Nation's utility companies cut their massive use of oil by 50 percent within the next decade and switch to other fuels, especially coal, our most abundant energy source.

Point five: To make absolutely certain that nothing stands in the way of achieving these goals, I will urge Congress to create an energy mobilization board which, like the War Production Board in World War II, will have the responsibility and authority to cut through the redtape, the delays, and the endless roadblocks to completing key energy projects.

We will protect our environment. But when this Nation critically needs a refinery or a pipeline, we will build it.

Point six: I'm proposing a bold conservation program to involve every State, county, and city and every average American in our energy battle. .... Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense -- I tell you it is an act of patriotism.

OPEC is fucking us ppl. No matter dem or repub if congress and the POTUS doesnt do anything to break up that cabal high gas prices will always be around.

Dood, our government greatly exacerbated this by preventing domestic development of our own oil resources.

Dood, our government greatly exacerbated this by preventing domestic development of our own oil resources.

Our govt is paid and bought by OPEC until they are disbanded, broken apart etc. Why would oil prices change? Shit, companies drill here right now...ships it off to another country then sells the shit back to us for top dollar WHILE collecting subsidies that we ALSO pay for.

If they drill here, with the hands off corps attitude. What is going to stop them from continuing to charge top dollar? Public Opinion? LOL!

Our government is bought and paid for by OPEC? I thought it was bought and paid for by Evul Wall Street Bankers.

Our govt is paid and bought by OPEC until they are disbanded, broken apart etc. Why would oil prices change? Shit, companies drill here right now...ships it off to another country then sells the shit back to us for top dollar WHILE collecting subsidies that we ALSO pay for.

If they drill here, with the hands off corps attitude. What is going to stop them from continuing to charge top dollar? Public Opinion? LOL!
Tell us how the US could disband and break apart OPEC? I'm mean really? :lol:

OPEC does not wield the clout that it once did. They don't have the productive capacity of the '70s to use as a tool for manipulating world supply.

If you think gasoline prices will be this high in six months, I suggest you make your fortune in futures contracts. It may very well be $1.00/gallon next year.

Oil fell from $140+ to around $30 in a matter of months, it can do it again.

Increased domestic production will not in itself drive down the cost of crude. What it will do is reduce imports, increase jobs, and keep revenues within our own borders. Tax and royalty collections will increase to local, state, and federal treasuries.

Very little U.S. oil is shipped overseas. This is allowed in order to prevent flooding of local markets and driving down spot prices which will force producers out of business.

Our government is bought and paid for by OPEC? I thought it was bought and paid for by Evul Wall Street Bankers.

They have a number of money streams in all corners of business. Until Dems and Repubs UNDERSTAND that is what is happening, they are happy to see one side fight the other on their behalf.

Drill Here, Drill now sounds awesome...except they do drill here and then shoves their dick in the tax payers mouth without dinner or a movie.

They have a number of money streams in all corners of business. Until Dems and Repubs UNDERSTAND that is what is happening, they are happy to see one side fight the other on their behalf.

Drill Here, Drill now sounds awesome...except they do drill here and then shoves their dick in the tax payers mouth without dinner or a movie.

Then quit "laying back and enjoying it". If you really feel this way, you should support dramatic decreases of the government spending that enables this "dick shoving".

Then quit "laying back and enjoying it". If you really feel this way, you should support dramatic decreases of the government spending that enables this "dick shoving".

You'll have to explain that last part.

Consistent with his campaign promise that energy prices would skyrocket, Obama told a group of plebians who still pump their own gas to "get used to it" and "buy a new car".

Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now averaging close to $3.70 a gallon nationwide, and suggested that the gentleman consider getting rid of his gas-guzzling vehicle.”

Instapundit » Blog Archive » OBAMA: Get Used To High Gas Prices. “Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now…

And check him out "remembering what it was like to pump gas":

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama: "I Remember What It Was Like Pumping Gas"

We are doomed with this man in the White House.

He's not telling me anything I didn't already know. He's said it during the campaign, "Americans can't expect to keep eating what they want, driving what they want and air conditioning their homes" I knew when he said that he was not for America and Americans. It's why I've never called him Americas President because he isn't.

You'll have to explain that last part.

Big Government enables the Crony Capitalism about which you are complaining, bub.

How far is the left willing to go to support this guy? He tells us to get used to high gas prices and high food prices while he jets around the Country using 3,200 gal per hour on useless trips. When is the left going to get their heads out of the sand (or their asses) and realize that there is no substitute for oil and their won't be in 30 years when B. Hussein estimates he will be ready to change water into wine?

Even if it's small govt money is money. When money flows into govt that cronyism is going to flow out. It's not a dem or repub thing. Both parties are guilty of this. Period.

My concern with drilling is the environmental aspect of it. Not just waste but auctioning off all our land to the highest bidder combined with pushes for relaxed environmental laws, imminent domain *sp*, and a hands off attitude toward corporations is what bothers me. Just my opinion

Even if it's small govt money is money. When money flows into govt that cronyism is going to flow out. It's not a dem or repub thing. Both parties are guilty of this. Period.

My concern with drilling is the environmental aspect of it. Not just waste but auctioning off all our land to the highest bidder combined with pushes for relaxed environmental laws, imminent domain *sp*, and a hands off attitude toward corporations is what bothers me. Just my opinion

The environmental "aspect?"

You sound like you need to drag a camera around an interview the half dozen malcontents who wanna blame someone for their shitty water wells.

The environmental "aspect?"

You sound like you need to drag a camera around an interview the half dozen malcontents who wanna blame someone for their shitty water wells.

Gasland Reference?

What is wrong with considering the environment? We live in it. ?

Forum List

Back