The one in a million shot

Forget it. I'll just post it here.
miketx, thanks. I am using a Nikon Coolpix L340. The printed manual that comes with the camera is not very comprehensive, but I have downloaded a pdf manual that has a lot more details.
Well I have an document I wrote with pictures and simple explanations. If you want it I can send it via email. It's a word document. I would just post it here but posting it here wipes out all the images.

65b4618fed6c445faefc742fe2dd1125_cb6c6317ee6d4061b5b1ac010779dc3c_header.jpeg

^ Nice, but I'd say that was fake.
A thread for the pictures where the photographer just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

To start it off; Kingfisher kissing...

perfect-kingfisher-dive-photo-wildlife-photography-alan-mcfayden-311.jpg

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

700,000 ATTEMPTS? I just can't believe that. That's 328 attempts per day. At least 30 attempts per hour.

Well, if we go by the articles numbers:

"Alan McFadyen, who has been an avid wildlife photographer since 2009, just captured a photo that he has spent 6 years trying to get. By his count, it took him 4,200 hours and 720,000 photos to get a perfect shot of a kingfisher diving straight into the water without a single splash."

720,000 photos over 4,200 hours is 171.4 photos per hour, or 2.85 photos per minute...or about one photo every 20 seconds.

Of course, there are not Kingfishers diving into water every 20 seconds in the presence of the photographer. Of those 4,200 hours, the photographer was probably just taking pictures of birds flying over water. It is not like these critters are trained circus animals.

This is so amazing!!!! :2up:

weasel riding a woodpecker this is not photoshopped or anything.....

here is the story!
Sign erected in park where 'one-in-a-million' weasel riding a woodpecker shot was taken

Least weasel - Wikipedia

Smallest weasel in the world is a female least weasel at 4 ounces

Woodpecker - Wikipedia

Largest woodpecker in the world is 20 ounces

Plausible....from an aerodynamic standpoint. Think of the Space Shuttle on the back of a 747.

Since it is from a UK newspaper as source....well....

Forum List

Back