The Once Great State of Massachusetts

Deadman31

Rookie
Jun 3, 2009
It is pretty obvious to me, now more than ever, that the corruption in Massachusetts is so deeply embedded that we the people of this once proud state will never get a say in what goes on here. My question is cant the federal government step in and do something to save us from these outright blatant crooks who have run the state into the ground?

I am not an overly political person, but there must be something in the constitution that would allow the federal government to step in and dismantle this collection of wanna be mafiosos.

It is pretty obvious to me, now more than ever, that the corruption in Massachusetts is so deeply embedded that we the people of this once proud state will never get a say in what goes on here. My question is cant the federal government step in and do something to save us from these outright blatant crooks who have run the state into the ground?

I am not an overly political person, but there must be something in the constitution that would allow the federal government to step in and dismantle this collection of wanna be mafiosos.

No, you don't want to trade federal mafiosos for the ones in your state. A bailout, if you will.

Let it collapse. Some decent people will step into the vacuum.

You are right but if the federal government is corrupt and the politicians in Massachusetts are corrupt who can we turn to?

you have any specifics, or just a general feeling that the people in your state government are crooks and liers?

This comnplaint speak directly to those of you who imagine that the STATES are going to be better run and less corrupt than the FEDs.

In my experience the only real difference is how badly they can screw up.

The states, obviously only get to screw the people on one state, but they do so with just as much enthusiasm as the Feds.

you have any specifics, or just a general feeling that the people in your state government are crooks and liers?

oh, there's no lack of specifics. the last three speakers of the house have been indicted for felonies, two pleaded guilty (tax evasion and obstruction of justice) and one was just indicted for fraud and is likely to do jail time. we've had a state senator and a boston city councilor indicted for taking bribes (both on video) in the past couple of months, and that's just what i can think of off the top of my head. oh, and the state senator arrested for accosting/groping women (complete strangers) on the public streets. when he was arrested, he gave the name of another state senator.

massachusetts is the poster child for the dangers of one party rule. of the 160 representatives in the house, all but 16 are in the majority party and in the senate only 5 (out of 40) are in the minority. it doesn't matter which party it is; single party rule makes this kind of corruption inevitable.

oh, there's no lack of specifics. the last three speakers of the house have been indicted for felonies, two pleaded guilty (tax evasion and obstruction of justice) and one was just indicted for fraud and is likely to do jail time. we've had a state senator and a boston city councilor indicted for taking bribes (both on video) in the past couple of months, and that's just what i can think of off the top of my head. oh, and the state senator arrested for accosting/groping women (complete strangers) on the public streets. when he was arrested, he gave the name of another state senator.

massachusetts is the poster child for the dangers of one party rule. of the 160 representatives in the house, all but 16 are in the majority party and in the senate only 5 (out of 40) are in the minority. it doesn't matter which party it is; single party rule makes this kind of corruption inevitable.

del! you are cracking me up! with your signature line! What was bobo talking about? do you remember??? please explain! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

del! you are cracking me up! with your signature line! What was bobo talking about? do you remember??? please explain! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/77788-detroit-is-hockeytown-2.html

Be careful what you wish for. There is no history of bad political situation made better by any Washington initiative which is itself chock full of political criminals.

Let it play out. Lived for a time in West Springfield and worked out of Hartford and Maynard for some years. While I was never a fan of the eastern establishment that likes to call Boston its home, it is not out of the question that that is one place which might take drastic corrective steps. It will come down to how much money is left to spend, then the search for culprits

Forum List

Back