The Olympics are here!

Isaac Brock said:
Update! Iraq just upset Portugal in football! 4-2

:eek2:

Go Iraq!

Just read that myself, good for them!

I'm going to watch Michael Phelps closely as he tries to tie or beat Spitz's record gold medal collection. Looks like the US will be tough in the swimming events. I'm happy they tossed a lot of dopers, including the Americans. A lot of this is long overdue and a black eye to perhaps the worlds greatest sport gathering.

jimnyc said:
Just read that myself, good for them!

I'm going to watch Michael Phelps closely as he tries to tie or beat Spitz's record gold medal collection. Looks like the US will be tough in the swimming events. I'm happy they tossed a lot of dopers, including the Americans. A lot of this is long overdue and a black eye to perhaps the worlds greatest sport gathering.

Here here. Atta boy Dick Pound. Sock it too them. I met the guy, he's tough as nails, Canadian too!

I like the water sports & Gymnastics.. I love the winter olympics much better !

Haha ya I love winter too (mostly because it ups Canada's medal tally), but I rowed on the same team as one of Canada's rowers and I was at the last Olympics in Sydney so I'm a rabid olympics fan.

Isaac Brock said:
Haha ya I love winter too (mostly because it ups Canada's medal tally), but I rowed on the same team as one of Canada's rowers and I was at the last Olympics in Sydney so I'm a rabid olympics fan.

Wow, that sounded great ! I would have loved to go to Sydney's Olympics !

Sandy73 said:
Wow, that sounded great ! I would have loved to go to Sydney's Olympics !

It was the best time of my life. Bar none. Just meeting people from the round the world gives you perspective too!

Isaac Brock said:

I was "lucky" enough to be stationed in Korea in 1988 and was able to go to three events (boxing, basketball and men's gymnastics). It was pretty cool.

Opening ceremonies have been pretty cool. I enjoy all the imagery, but all the artsy stuff kind of gets old...it's sport, not the dawn of man's enlighenment, and the "cube man's" awakening!

Let's get to the women's hammer throw! Spinning and throwing, and swimming, and gawd forbid the rhythmic gymnastics! (hopefully choreographed to Rob Zombie!!!!!)

Anyone notice that alot of the arab states in the walk of the nations had their flags held by champion shooters. I mean isnt it alittle odd to people that one of the only sport a few of these nations qualify is firing guns at targets?

Anyone notice that alot of the arab states in the walk of the nations had their flags held by champion shooters. I mean isnt it alittle odd to people that one of the only sport a few of these nations qualify is firing guns at targets?

And the US athletes did not carry flags (individually), at all?

Yesterday was awesome for India, man you should have heard the cheers that erupted when Paes and Bhupati beat Roddick and the other guy.. it was awesome. When Paes and Bhupati broke up as a team in 2002, i thought the good days of Indian tennis were over, i mean they won the wimbledon and Paes got bronze in the singles and they used to be number one in doubles, but now it seems as if the good days are back again..

and then the basketball game, of course everyone was expecting the US to lose atleast once, but I thought it would be to argentina or serbia/montenegro, Spain, but they go and lose to Puerto Rico.. good job Puerto Rico.. Oh well, it is not as if all is lost for the US because they can still win, unless they continue to play like this..

But the event that I am looking forward to is the 200 freestyle where Ian thorpe, defending champion Pieter van den Hoogenband, and Michael Phelps compete. I am expecting Thorpe to come out with a narrow win, but who know, Pieter and Phelps are also very good..

But the sad news for me yesterday was the loss of the Indian hockey team to Netherlands, I thought India had a good chance because we won a championship recently and all. But we still have a very good chance of getting a medal. I still remember the way my grandpa used to talk about the good old days of Indian hockey when we won 8 gold medals in hockey and six in a row.

Forum List

Back