The Olympics are a 2nd tier event

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
behind the World Cup, the Super Bowl, World Series etc

Because the staple of the Summer Olympics is track and field.

And track and field has become irrelevant since the 1970s.

Add to that the loss of the Cold War good vs evil (The West vs Soviet Union, East Germany) etc....

You really are one ignorant fuck.

The Olympics BORE THE HELL OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember how transfixed I was by the Black Power salute by Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics.

Hope what happened to Greece after the Olympics doesnt happen to the Brits.

Romney rescued the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics - which arent what they used to be either........................

Did you know they tried golf as an exhibition sport in the Summer Olympics?

The Olympics is 90% politics - 10% sport.

ie 1936 Berlin Olympics

Then during WW2 they were suspended.

Then after that it was West against the Commies.

Since the end of the Cold War - there has been no political theatre - unless you want to throw in the Muslim countires who blow anyway.......................

My rep is down to 0 from 7.

I must be doing something right...............................................................

behind the World Cup, the Super Bowl, World Series etc

Because the staple of the Summer Olympics is track and field.

And track and field has become irrelevant since the 1970s.

Add to that the loss of the Cold War good vs evil (The West vs Soviet Union, East Germany) etc....

LOL sure...

You do realize no on watches the "World Series" outside the US? And the Super Bowl is nothing but an excuse for a day off (since it airs during the night here in Europe). Hell even Cricket has a bigger world wide following and the world cup in cricket was watched by a billion people (think India and Pakistan).

Now the World Cup in Football, European Cup in Football and Olympics all top the TV viewership rankings, historically and each year they are held.

I do understand that most American's have zero national pride when it comes to sport, as you all pretty much avoid sports where you compete against the world with your best players (Ice Hockey, NBA, American Football, Baseball).. but for the rest of the world it does matter and people are proud of their countries accomplishments.

So for the rest of the world it does matter... where as the super bowl, "world series" and so on dont matter jack for the world! :eusa_whistle:

you all pretty much avoid sports where you compete against the world with your best players (Ice Hockey, NBA, American Football, Baseball).. :

LOL! Silly, ignorant, irrelevant European.

you all pretty much avoid sports where you compete against the world with your best players (Ice Hockey, NBA, American Football, Baseball).. :

LOL! Silly, ignorant, irrelevant European.

Yea we are so irrelevant... our sports are world wide.. but you are so insecure that you have to call your national champions for "world champions" because you cant compete in any other sport with other nations... talk about being irrelevant.

Take the "World Series"... mostly teams from the US and a few token ones from Canada... and the have the nerve to call the winner the World champion... HAHAHA..

Fact is the world champions in baseball is Japan (Classic pro version) or Netherlands (World Cup)... the US cant even get a freaking medal most of the time!

Take the "World Series"... mostly teams from the US and a few token ones from Canada...

This is a good example of why I told you that you are ignorant. With all that time you Europeans spend not showering, you'd think you would have time to learn a thing or two...

[

Fact is the world champions in baseball is Japan (Classic pro version) or Netherlands (World Cup)... the US cant even get a freaking medal most of the time!

Did you say something about "your best players"? LOL Stinky, ignorant dope.

To be serious, our unfortunate European friend here would benefit from learning about the history of the development of professional sport in the US. He might even find the subject interesting as it touches upon many areas beyond sport itself. Alas, I suspect his struggles with his deep inferiority complex will prevent him from doing so. Well, maybe he can make himself feel better by setting something on fire at a soccer match.

You really are one ignorant fuck.

The Olympics BORE THE HELL OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember how transfixed I was by the Black Power salute by Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics.

You find the Olympics boring, therefore, the Olympics are a '2nd tier event'... At the risk of repeating myself... you really are one ignorant fuck.

Oh, and adding a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!s makes you look even more ridiculous.

You do realize no on watches the "World Series" outside the US? :

That's obviously not true. Not that we give a shit what the rest of the world watches.

What countries participate in the 'world series'?

Check the roster of any team in the majors. The smelly Europeans can't grasp the fact that professional sport in the US did not develop as an extention of 'my inbred ancestors 10,000 years ago flung shit at your inbred ancestors over a patch of gassy swampland.' They also can't comprehend that although we go home from every Olympic games with crates stuffed full of most of the medals, our handball and rugby squads do not represent the finest athletes in all the US. Hell, even in Olympic sports where many of our pro athletes participate it is basically like that sport's All Star game, and anyone can tell you how those games compare to the regular season. Relatively insignificant countries try to convince themselves that the outcome reflects on their national worth because it is the only shot they've got to claim any.

That's obviously not true. Not that we give a shit what the rest of the world watches.

What countries participate in the 'world series'?

Check the roster of any team in the majors. The smelly Europeans can't grasp the fact that professional sport in the US did not develop as an extention of 'my inbred ancestors 10,000 years ago flung shit at your inbred ancestors over a patch of gassy swampland.' They also can't comprehend that although we go home from every Olympic games with crates stuffed full of most of the medals, our handball and rugby squads do not represent the finest athletes in all the US. Hell, even in Olympic sports where many of our pro athletes participate it is basically like that sport's All Star game, and anyone can tell you how those games compare to the regular season. Relatively insignificant countries try to convince themselves that the outcome reflects on their national worth because it is the only shot they've got to claim any.

Which part of 'what countries participate in the world series' did you struggle to grasp? It's a straightforward question.... how about just a number.... how many countries compete against each other in the world series?

I quite enjoy the Olympics, summer moreso than winter.

I remember when Olga Korbut was competing and after the '72 (or maybe it was the '76) Olympics she toured and my dad took us to see her perform. What a treat!

Nadia Comeneci - first female gymnast to be awarded a score of a perfect 10. Remember Michael Phillips last time around?

My favorite is when a competitor unexpectedly wins -- especially the bronze or silver -- and their excitement and sheer exuberance comes crashing through as they realize what they've accomplished. That's the best.

Forum List

Back