The old Canadian state patsies at CBC, "the U.S suffers most when they apply duties to Bombardier"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I listen to these tactics often on the CBC and it's embarrassing, I'm not sure who they are trying to convince. Reminds me of the argument that Canada could benefit from Trumps immigration policy, and then they complained when 5000+ crossed illegally into Canada within a month seeking asylum. Right, it's the U.S that suffers when Bombardier has to pay millions to the U.S government in order to have access to the marketplace (as Canada tries to dump subsidized products there).

They quoted Karl Moore of McGill University, a university of course from Montreal, where Bombardier is from, so no conflict of interest there. I would love to know more about this guy outside of his official biography:

Karl Moore | Desautels Faculty of Management - McGill University

I can tell you, the Canadian security apparatus and the fossils within the government fear American retaliation for the decades of Canadian exploitation like I've never seen. They are starting to understand that Trump is serious and that Canadian tactics (along with our British pals) are rising to the surface and are no longer covert and unknown. These duties are "equalizers" of sorts as Canadian actors have been engaging directly in the market in Canada since our inception.

When Canada employs PM May of England to try and persuade Trump on the issue of a Canadian company like Bombardier, when they invite constant back channel assistance from former president Obama, and when they accept erroneous opinions from a Prof out of Montreal (who has a history at IBM among other companies...), you know they are trying to dictate the narrative, not objective news.

You can be sure, Liberal or Conservative government in Canada, it doesn't matter when dealing with foreign allies (whom we don't treat as allies at all). The Conservatives before Trudeau were quite arrogant and incompetent, and so the bar is set very low. Nothing like taking the opportunity for a strong economy and burning it on security costs...that was PM Harpers agenda. A complete putz really, and I supported him in his first term.

Get 'er done Trump! You're doing a great job with addressing trade abuses, and do not worry for a moment if you have to pull out of NAFTA, it won't hurt America much at all and would be great for your re-election campaign.

Last edited:
Canada Awesome.jpg

I listen to these tactics often on the CBC and it's embarrassing, I'm not sure who they are trying to convince. Reminds me of the argument that Canada could benefit from Trumps immigration policy, and then they complained when 5000+ crossed illegally into Canada within a month seeking asylum. Right, it's the U.S that suffers when Bombardier has to pay millions to the U.S government in order to have access to the marketplace (as Canada tries to dump subsidized products there).

They quoted Karl Moore of McGill University, a university of course from Montreal, where Bombardier is from, so no conflict of interest there. I would love to know more about this guy outside of his official biography:

I can tell you, the Canadian security apparatus and the fossils within the government fear American retaliation for the decades of Canadian exploitation like I've never seen. They are starting to understand that Trump is serious and that Canadian tactics (along with our British pals) are rising to the surface and are no longer covert and unknown. These duties are "equalizers" of sorts as Canadian actors have been engaging directly in the market in Canada since our inception.

When Canada employs PM May of England to try and persuade Trump on the issue of a Canadian company like Bombardier, when they invite constant back channel assistance from former president Obama, and when they accept erroneous opinions from a Prof out of Montreal (who has a history at IBM among other companies...), you know they are trying to dictate the narrative, not objective news.

You can be sure, Liberal or Conservative government in Canada, it doesn't matter when dealing with foreign allies (whom we don't treat as allies at all). The Conservatives before Trudeau were quite arrogant and incompetent, and so the bar is set very low. Nothing like taking the opportunity for a strong economy and burning it on security costs...that was PM Harpers agenda. A complete putz really, and I supported him in his first term.

Get 'er done Trump! You're doing a great job with addressing trade abuses, and do not worry for a moment if you have to pull out of NAFTA, it won't hurt America much at all and would be great for your re-election campaign.

And when Canada and the UK retaliate against Boeing......that will help the United States so mcuh.

And when Canada and the UK retaliate against Boeing......that will help the United States so mcuh.

Retaliate how? Have all the Canadians employed by American corporations walk off the job? Decide to double the number of RCMP and police agents in your companies?

Retaliate how? Have all the Canadians employed by American corporations walk off the job? Decide to double the number of RCMP and police agents in your companies?

Cancel the contracts with Boeing- refuse to buy from Boeing- or just put retaliatory tariffs on Boeing jets being sold to Canada and the UK>

Forum List

Back