The OJ sentence was severe.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
I know there has been one racist string that needed to be locked and I know that there is a comment about OJ retiring in Nevada. I want to talk about the sentence itself (alone) because I too feel that OJ was railroaded.

First, because I know I will be attacked by the racists, please do not make this a "I hate N.....s" thread. That is not the issue here regardless of how much suppressed hatred you have built up within you.

Also I feel that OJ was guilty of the murder of his wife and the Jewish boy (Goldman) who brought her her mother's glasses that had fallen to the parking lot. Boy, talk about being in the wrong place in the wrong time to return glasses from the restaurant!

I grew up in Mexico where they understand crimes of passion. OJ's wife had left him and was "with" other men. In Mexico (and I think in Texas) they understand when a man blows it and kills the woman who has had sex with another man. There is some sort of instinct that is triggered in some men where they feel it is an unstoppable impulse to remove that woman from the breeding pool. OJ would have done five years in a Mexican prison for the dual murder and have been released because it was a crime of passion.

If OJ had retrieved his stolen items in New Jersey, the law there provides for him to go in and take it without penalty. If sued, he only would have to prove that it was his and he would have been off scot free.

Now, if in New Jersey any man brought a gun with him, he would be tried on the gun charge seperately. OJ did not have a gun, so if the crime was in New Jersey he would have been tried for taking the property that was not his. I believe he had some of that, so would have done a year or less.

Yet, he committed his crime in Lost Wages, and because of the complexity of the law in that state, he has to do 9 or more years at a minimum. That is insane! It is excessive, and it appears to me that he was persecuted by the prosecutor simply because he got away with the murder of his wife and the jewish boy.

The punishment under the Lost Wages law was excessive. It would have been excessive for anybody and should be thrown out as such by the Supreme Court. I think he should have received four or five years as just recompense for his crime of passion.

Go ahead and call me names now. It is OK. I'm cool with it as long as I get to make up nick names for a few of you like Shitgun and dork.

Last edited:
The prosecution had audio tapes, video tapes, and multiple witnesses. Guns were involved.

OJ got what he deserved. He's lucky no one was killed.

The prosecution had audio tapes, video tapes, and multiple witnesses. Guns were involved.

OJ got what he deserved. He's lucky no one was killed.

I don't care if they have a feature length movie about it, the sentence was severe. Most of the stuff that he removed was his, and it had been stolen and reported as such.

I don't care if they have a feature length movie about it, the sentence was severe. Most of the stuff that he removed was his, and it had been stolen and reported as such.

I happen to agree with you on this but . . . I also have no problem with an exception to the rule. OJ literally got away with murder and I know that should not in any way have influenced this and I know the judge said it didn't but . . . I'm just saying . . . he finally got what he deserved, even if it was half-assed and backwards. I hope they lose the key.

I happen to agree with you on this but . . . I also have no problem with an exception to the rule. OJ literally got away with murder and I know that should not in any way have influenced this and I know the judge said it didn't but . . . I'm just saying . . . he finally got what he deserved, even if it was half-assed and backwards. I hope they lose the key.
Obviously you don't believe in crimes of passion. I still do and believe OJ owes society 4 or 5 years of prison time for the murders. He probably should do one year for the Lost Wages nonsense. If he does more than six years total, it is excessive punishment.

Obviously you don't believe in crimes of passion. I still do and believe OJ owes society 4 or 5 years of prison time for the murders. He probably should do one year for the Lost Wages nonsense. If he does more than six years total, it is excessive punishment.

My brother in law used to work for the justice department. I got info on the murders that most people don't know and let me tell you, it was gruesome. Did OJ get an excessive sentence in Las Vegas? Yes. But I don't feel one bit sorry for him as he did get away with murder and Nicole suffered before she died, severely. As for crimes of passion, yes they happen, but passion isn't an excuse for torturing and murdering someone. This isn't Mexico, at least not yet, it is the USA and we should be worried about our laws, not Mexico's.

And we wonder why we have so many repeat offenders to violent crimes.

At least now the prison football team will have a good running back and the fellows will have a new role model.

OJ was on easy street. All he had to do was live the good life.. Nope! he's where he was always destined to be.. He needed to have controlled his passion... yep!

My brother in law used to work for the justice department. I got info on the murders that most people don't know and let me tell you, it was gruesome. Did OJ get an excessive sentence in Las Vegas? Yes. But I don't feel one bit sorry for him as he did get away with murder and Nicole suffered before she died, severely. As for crimes of passion, yes they happen, but passion isn't an excuse for torturing and murdering someone. This isn't Mexico, at least not yet, it is the USA and we should be worried about our laws, not Mexico's.

:clap2:

the mark of a decent human being is being in control of one's passions.. OJ was a beast!

That's wrong. He was on trial for a specific crime, not being re-tried for the murder of his wife and her boyfriend.

If you think the end justifies the means, where do you stop and start? The fact is, no matter WHO nor how many THINK OJ is guilty, he was found legally not guilty in a court of law.

So it's okay the next time he's arrested to exact punishment because you THINK he's a guilty of murder? A fact that has NOT been established?

That's not justice. That's lynchmob mentality. here's an old movie called "the Oxbow Incident" with Henry Fonda. Watch it sometime.

i think the judge made some good points...long video but worth it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MPwHHmQhHQ]YouTube - Judge addresses OJ Simpson prior to sentencing[/ame]

He received the bare minimum of what Nevada state law requires for what he was charged and convicted of. The judge could've done a hell of a lot worse.

Your personal feeling of what OJ's sentence should be vs. what Nevada State law requires is irrelevant. He is gone for at least 9 years.

OJ was found guilty of 12 counts of armed robbery and attempted kidnapping. These are serious charges most proven by audio and video of OJ himself committing these crimes - it isn't like he knocked on the hotel room door and said, "Look, I really want that stuff, please!"

The minimum sentence possible for these crimes is 6 years, as I understand it. This means that anyone, even one without OJ's background, would be sentenced to a minimum of 6 years. His own defense team has asked for the minimum sentence. Nevada's Parole and Probation department has reportedly recommended an 18-year sentence. This is the exact same amount recommended for Simpson's co-defendant...if true, then they weren't seeking a harsh punishment for just OJ.

For me...the bottom line is...he was found guilty on 12 counts...he could receive the minimum ANY PERSON would receive...or more. I believe that his own ranting and raving on the audio tapes and his gleeful bragging/chatting about the crime after the fact has damned him in this case as much as his past might have. If he gets more than the 6 year minimum it will be because of his inability to shut up and not brag about his crimes...

That's wrong. He was on trial for a specific crime, not being re-tried for the murder of his wife and her boyfriend.

If you think the end justifies the means, where do you stop and start? The fact is, no matter WHO nor how many THINK OJ is guilty, he was found legally not guilty in a court of law.

So it's okay the next time he's arrested to exact punishment because you THINK he's a guilty of murder? A fact that has NOT been established?

That's not justice. That's lynchmob mentality. here's an old movie called "the Oxbow Incident" with Henry Fonda. Watch it sometime.

I gotta disagree,, the DNA proved he was the guilty party... OJ was pronnounced not guilty by a jury that could have stood there and watched him do the deed and still said "not guilty" it was payback for Rodney King.. so I guess now we are tit for tat so to speak...

WillowTree Wrote:
I gotta disagree,, the DNA proved he was the guilty party... OJ was pronnounced not guilty by a jury that could have stood there and watched him do the deed and still said "not guilty" it was payback for Rodney King.. so I guess now we are tit for tat so to speak...

Why tit for tat? OJ was found guilty for these crimes. He was on video and there are audio records that prove he planned it, committed it, and bragged about it after the fact.

He will serve either the minimum sentence any person would serve for such crimes...or more based upon the judge's decision.

He isn't getting punished for any previous crimes...he's getting punished for the 12 counts of armed robbery and attempted kidnapping.

WillowTree Wrote:

Why tit for tat? OJ was found guilty for these crimes. He was on video and there are audio records that prove he planned it, committed it, and bragged about it after the fact.

He will serve either the minimum sentence any person would serve for such crimes...or more based upon the judge's decision.

He isn't getting punished for any previous crimes...he's getting punished for the 12 counts of armed robbery and attempted kidnapping.

I know he was,, that comment was for those who think his punishment was "too severe"

I know there has been one racist string that needed to be locked and I know that there is a comment about OJ retiring in Nevada. I want to talk about the sentence itself (alone) because I too feel that OJ was railroaded.

First, because I know I will be attacked by the racists, please do not make this a "I hate N.....s" thread. That is not the issue here regardless of how much suppressed hatred you have built up within you.

Also I feel that OJ was guilty of the murder of his wife and the Jewish boy (Goldman) who brought her her mother's glasses that had fallen to the parking lot. Boy, talk about being in the wrong place in the wrong time to return glasses from the restaurant!

I grew up in Mexico where they understand crimes of passion. OJ's wife had left him and was "with" other men. In Mexico (and I think in Texas) they understand when a man blows it and kills the woman who has had sex with another man. There is some sort of instinct that is triggered in some men where they feel it is an unstoppable impulse to remove that woman from the breeding pool. OJ would have done five years in a Mexican prison for the dual murder and have been released because it was a crime of passion.

If OJ had retrieved his stolen items in New Jersey, the law there provides for him to go in and take it without penalty. If sued, he only would have to prove that it was his and he would have been off scot free.

Now, if in New Jersey any man brought a gun with him, he would be tried on the gun charge seperately. OJ did not have a gun, so if the crime was in New Jersey he would have been tried for taking the property that was not his. I believe he had some of that, so would have done a year or less.

Yet, he committed his crime in Lost Wages, and because of the complexity of the law in that state, he has to do 9 or more years at a minimum. That is insane! It is excessive, and it appears to me that he was persecuted by the prosecutor simply because he got away with the murder of his wife and the jewish boy.

The punishment under the Lost Wages law was excessive. It would have been excessive for anybody and should be thrown out as such by the Supreme Court. I think he should have received four or five years as just recompense for his crime of passion.

Go ahead and call me names now. It is OK. I'm cool with it as long as I get to make up nick names for a few of you like Shitgun and dork.

I agree with your point about excessive sentence, although I do not believe OJ was smart enough to murder his wife and not leave more conclusive evidence. If you cut the throat of a chicken, you'll get blood spurting everywhere .. let alone cutting the throats of humans.

If the LAPD had him cold, why did they tamper with the evidence? .. but that's another story.

Forum List

Back