The oil has STOPPED FLOWING!!!! How long until.................

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
WOW!! I just saw this breaking news on TV. The oil has stopped flowing???!!!!! Amazing! Where did this come from, I thought it was supposed to be August at the earliest?

Now, the BIG question..............how long til Obama takes credit?

WOW!! I just saw this breaking news on TV. The oil has stopped flowing???!!!!! Amazing! Where did this come from, I thought it was supposed to be August at the earliest?

Credit for what? The fact that it took 3 months and it is a mess?

Never.

Credit for what? The fact that it took 3 months and it is a mess?

Never.

I can hear the speech now:

"Our administration took on a crisis of massive proportions that was created over the span of 8 years, and were able to reverse the damage within 3 months."

Can we have like five minutes without making this political and just be happy about the fact that leak has stopped? And let's pray it remains stopped.

Nahh.. I say lets politicize this one, and leave the other 12 threads as prayer meetings. :tongue:

I say he is going to go hide for a few days just to see how it goes, and then he will come out and pat himself on the back.

Can we have like five minutes without making this political and just be happy about the fact that leak has stopped? And let's pray it remains stopped.

Mmmmmmmm...........we could, but within 5 minutes of the spill, Keith Olbermann was preaching about the need for climate change legislation and how Bush allowed this all to be deregulated. So.....nah, after all this is a "political" message board.

But seriously, I expected Obama to be taking credit for it by now.

You all have forgotten what the president assured us in that speech last month that everyone panned:

And in the coming weeks and days, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well...

And he delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I saw this early this morning, and surprise surprise, it wasn't all over the news. The news is still doom and gloom (and remember, Obama tried to stop it until they'd "tested" it) but the fact of the matter is, they stopped it.

I saw my son last weekend and he was all worked up (after watching YouTube ceaselessly for who knows how long) because what he was reading was that it was the end of the world. Honestly. He said it was destroying the coast there and would ultimately destroy the world, I think. Because a bunch of yahoos on YT said so.

The truth is the coastal residents are pissed as hell at the press because tourism has fallen off and most of them are suffering NO adverse effects of the spill.

Meanwhile, the oil stopped. Good.

They will still go ahead with the relief well and cement downhole. The are going to produce the well till then once the test is done.

Experts say give it 48 hours to see if withstands the pressure.
If it doesn't, well expect a bigger 'gusher'.
I'm hoping too, tho'!

At 7:06 ET I was watching the BP live feed and it looked like something happened. I am not sure what, but it appeared that the oil began to spew again. I pray that I wrong.

No one should be politicing with this, even if it is stopped. We should all be praying for the cap to work, Republican or Democrat.

At 7:06 ET I was watching the BP live feed and it looked like something happened. I am not sure what, but it appeared that the oil began to spew again. I pray that I wrong.

No one should be politicing with this, even if it is stopped. We should all be praying for the cap to work, Republican or Democrat.

The live feed is not working now. I hope the well is still capped.

Feed is back up, and there does appear to be some slight leaking, but overall looks to be in good shape. Fingers crossed.

The oil has STOPPED FLOWING!!!! How long until.................

It's that damn negroids fault!!!!!:confused::confused:

He said we could have a gusher to complain about for a few more weeks...That fuckin ....LIAR!!!!!!!

It's only been shut off for a very short time and for a specific reason. The pressure has to build.

If the pressure remains steady at a very high level (9,000 psi or more), then it means the valve is working.

If the pressure is much lower than that, it means there is a leak somewhere and they have to find it.

If the pressure is high and then drops, it means they created a leak.

Regardless, the pressure can't remain at 9,000 psi for long or it will create a leak. The pipes will need to be opened again. They are hoping they can pump the oil coming out the "fix", but that's not guaranteed.

The bottom line is it's too soon to begin "jumping for joy".

Do I have a link, no. I just watch the news.

You all have forgotten what the president assured us in that speech last month that everyone panned:

And in the coming weeks and days, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well...

Congrats.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The first claim of an Obama victory.:cuckoo:

He delivered nothing.:hmpf:

Congrats.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The first claim of an Obama victory.:cuckoo:

He delivered nothing.:hmpf:

You are such an ignorant hack moron.

Forum List

Back