The Official which polls matter thread.

Jun 5, 2012
Louisville
This is a place for lefties to tell me what polls I need to look at to get an accurate representation of the election. It seemed to flip flop a lot and now they point to odds makers and blogs. So tell me. Which polls are accurate?

The averages. Forget the individual polls. Go check out a polling data aggregator site like Real Clear Politics, Electoral-Vote, etc. After that, the only real difference from site to site is what they consider to be leans versus toss up.

Polls are not accurate. If the pollster is biased, the poll will be biased

They all matter. That's why the liberals have always been telling people to look at all of them. The conservatives, in direct contrast, will demand that you only cherrypick Gallup and Rasmussen polls.

Of course, when Romney was leading a little while back, the conservatives said all the polls were good. It's only after President Obama built up a comfortable lead in the combined polling that conservatives once more decided most of the polls weren't reliable.

They all matter. That's why the liberals have always been telling people to look at all of them. The conservatives, in direct contrast, will demand that you only cherrypick Gallup and Rasmussen polls.

Of course, when Romney was leading a little while back, the conservatives said all the polls were good. It's only after President Obama built up a comfortable lead in the combined polling that conservatives once more decided most of the polls weren't reliable.
I bolded the lie.

The averages. Forget the individual polls. Go check out a polling data aggregator site like Real Clear Politics, Electoral-Vote, etc. After that, the only real difference from site to site is what they consider to be leans versus toss up.

according to multiple libs in here, RCP is only accurate when Obama is ahead of Romney.

Parties Wonder Which Side's Polls Reflect Reality

A few days ago, I sat down with Rob Jesmer, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Jesmer is usually tight-fisted about his polling; he doesn't share it with members of the media when the numbers are good for his candidates, which avoids the inevitably uncomfortable dilemma when the numbers are bad for his candidates. But he wanted to open his books, if only for a peek, to demonstrate a phenomenon happening across the political spectrum these days: His polls look nothing like polls Democrats are conducting.
It's a constant refrain from both sides these days. The two parties, the outside groups that are playing such a big role this year, and even some candidates themselves are so dubious about their own numbers that they are employing two pollsters for one race, using one to double-check the other. What flummoxes them even more is that their own party's pollsters are getting similar results, while the other side is offering a completely different take.
Whether it is the presidential contest or battles for critical Senate and House seats, the smartest pollsters in the business have spent the past three weeks looking at exactly the same data and coming to dramatically different conclusions.

Parties Wonder Which Side's Polls Reflect Reality - NationalJournal.com

Interesting non-biased read. It will be interesting to see who is proven correct.

I bolded the lie.

Awwwww. You poor babies. Are the dirty liberals laughing at your hypocrisy again? Tell us, how does that make you feel? Upset? Go on, let it all out.

The liberals have been consistent. The conservatives have been wildly flipflopping. As usual, moral high ground to the liberals.

Polls are not accurate. If the pollster is biased, the poll will be biased

This is true, a recent CBS/NYT poll has Obama up by 2% points and this poll is used on RealClearPolitic, But the problem is the poll polled 8% more registered democrats.

Makes me wonder what % the other polls are using to influence their outcome.

Parties Wonder Which Side's Polls Reflect Reality

A few days ago, I sat down with Rob Jesmer, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Jesmer is usually tight-fisted about his polling; he doesn't share it with members of the media when the numbers are good for his candidates, which avoids the inevitably uncomfortable dilemma when the numbers are bad for his candidates. But he wanted to open his books, if only for a peek, to demonstrate a phenomenon happening across the political spectrum these days: His polls look nothing like polls Democrats are conducting.
It's a constant refrain from both sides these days. The two parties, the outside groups that are playing such a big role this year, and even some candidates themselves are so dubious about their own numbers that they are employing two pollsters for one race, using one to double-check the other. What flummoxes them even more is that their own party's pollsters are getting similar results, while the other side is offering a completely different take.
Whether it is the presidential contest or battles for critical Senate and House seats, the smartest pollsters in the business have spent the past three weeks looking at exactly the same data and coming to dramatically different conclusions.

Parties Wonder Which Side's Polls Reflect Reality - NationalJournal.com

Interesting non-biased read. It will be interesting to see who is proven correct.

Thanks for moving this mods. It fits right in with this thread of whiners swearing their poll matters the most. Nothing like killing a good read and potentially good thread.

Forum List

Back