The Official Republican Debates Thread

Actually I've interacted with some liberals and they love Ron Paul. He's been on the same side as some of the libs on some major issues. He's against wire taps, the war on Iraq, legalizing drugs, the right to privacy, doesn't believe in boogeymen, etc. Many liberals like him.

As I said, the 'far right' and 'far left' overlap on several issues. They are both very dangerous to our nation.

Not many. And not many Ds support it either. However, more than most would have that caveat put into the law.

The current ruling by the SCOTUS made it so that instead of delivering the child first then killing it in a way that most of us would determine as inhumane, a lethal injection would need to be administered first before the delivery.

I guess that makes them horrible people. Or maybe it isn't just "republicans" that sensationalize and emote on this discussion.

i beg to differ no1, DISMEMBERMENT of the fetus in the womb, is the other LEGAL alternative... injection in through the womb and in to the fetus to poison them to death is not as safe as they thought...from what i have read....

either way, banning partial birth abortion, will not in any way, shape or form, stop the demise of the child to be, and now requires a woman to dismember in her womb and extract her child to be even if she does have medical problems with her child, she will be forced to do this other barbaric procedure of detaching the head from the torso inside the womb, and this woman will not be able to deliver an intact baby, that she can hold and mourn....

i have a problem with this ruling without the woman's health being considered.

and if concerns of a woman's headache would be considered ''health'' of a woman then it could have been worded to correct this loophole.

care

How a former democratic operative of tipper o'neal was allowed to pretend to be impartial, when it was clear, his job was to embarrass the candidates.

yours shine right along with his!

I don't hate anyone. I simply believe in freedom. I think forcing a man to hire a person he doesnt want to hire is wrong. I believe in freedom of thought. I believe in freedom of speech. And I believe in freedom to employee whomever he choses.

Shame you disagree with that.

that's what the "partial-birth" abortion debate is all about (Cons like to use that inflammatory term to sensationalize and misrepresent).The ONLY reasons a woman would choose to have an abortion that far along AND have the doctor even legally perform it are either the child will not survive outside the womb AND/OR the health of the mother is in danger. Such an abortion seriously jeapordizes the chances of the mother EVER being able to bear another child.

How many candidates do you think would support late-term abortions?

The entire issue with partial birth abortions is that the child WILL survive outside the womb.

how so many anti-choice folks try to simplify the abortion issue into just a willy-nilly easy form of birth control only practiced by immoral and irresponsible people- using such inflammatory terms as "baby-killers" and "abortion is murder". We know it's WAY more complicated than that.

No, its really not much more complicated than that.

TO call them debates, Democrat or Republican was a real stretch, almost to the breaking point, of the definition of the term "debate".

<blockquote><b>de·bate</b>
Pronunciation: di-'bAt, dE-
Function: noun
: a contention by words or arguments: as <b>a</b> : the formal discussion of a motion before a deliberative body according to the rules of parliamentary procedure <b>b</b> : a regulated discussion of a proposition between two matched sides - Merriam Webster's Online Dictionary</blockquote>

These 'debates' were little more than Q&A sessions for the candidates to state their positions. There was little in the way of debate.

"Safe, legal, and rare" is a crock of hypocritical, feel-good horseshit, BTW. If abortion is not - in and of itself - morally reprehensible, why should anyone care whether it's rare or not? If a fetus is nothing but a clump of undifferentiated cells, then the relative rarity or frequency of the routine medical procedure by which it is swept away should be a matter of complete indifference. Unless - that is - the utterer of a phrase like "safe, legal, and rare" is a baldfaced liar.

And - as we all know - you can always tell when a Clinton is lying; its lips are moving.

The entire issue with partial birth abortions is that the child WILL survive outside the womb.

Really.... I thought that I had read that most ALL partial birth abortions take place between 20-24 weeks?

And perhaps those children at 24 weeks could survive outside of the womb with alot of medical care/incubators etc but at 20 weeks it is highly unlikely of survival out side of the womb...

Partial birth abortion ban did NOTHING to save the demise of the child to be...don't fool yourself in to believing otherwise.

I listened to the Supreme court hearing on this on c-span and came away shocked at what I learned!

Care

If abortion is not - in and of itself - morally reprehensible, why should anyone care whether it's rare or not?

You know that thing on which an abortion is performed? That's a person whose health and well-being might be worth some consideration also.

Abortions aren't a good time. Most people would prefer to have as few as possible.

You know that thing on which an abortion is performed? That's a person whose health and well-being might be worth some consideration also.

Abortions aren't a good time. Most people would prefer to have as few as possible.

Once they pop out, well then they are on their own.

Hopefully they survive to become enlistment age.

The foder is running low.

That person had a choice in the matter, at least. One who chooses to engage in sexual intercourse should be aware that it carries consequences. I know that's a drag and all; certainly the antithesis of a "sexual revolution". Somebody's fibbing. Who do YOU think it is?

wiggles said:

Come on, wiggles - do you really think that's what Bill Clinton was saying with this characteristically empty, feel-good spew? Be honest, now.

That person had a choice in the matter, at least. One who chooses to engage in sexual intercourse should be aware that it carries consequences. I know that's a drag and all; certainly the antithesis of a "sexual revolution". Somebody's fibbing. Who do YOU think it is?

Girls and women should be punished for having extramarital sex by being forced to carry their unwanted pregnancies to term. That'll teach those sluts. Boys and men on the other hand......

Come on, wiggles - do you really think that's what Bill Clinton was saying with this characteristically empty, feel-good spew? Be honest, now.

Yes. I do. You think he was trying to appeal to pro-life religious right types by explaining his pro-choice stance?

Yes at last someone was able to put some perspective into the discussion.

Yes - despite the best efforts of USMB conservatives to obscure said perspective by - what - presenting other viewpoints? Help me out here, Diuretic.

Girls and women should be punished for having extramarital sex by being forced to carry their unwanted pregnancies to term. That'll teach those sluts. Boys and men on the other hand......

Punished with what - the truth? The sexual revolution advances the lie that animal promiscuity is in ANYONE'S best interest. It's not - and women used to know this, before everyone became so...enlightened.

wiggles said:
Yes. I do. You think he was trying to appeal to pro-life religious right types by explaining his pro-choice stance

I must take you at your word, then; more's the pity. Can you at least acknowledge the designed duplicity of Clintonspeak?

Punished with what - the truth? The sexual revolution advances the lie that animal promiscuity is in ANYONE'S best interest. It's not - and women used to know this, before everyone became so...enlightened.
So how do we punish the men they're so animalistically promiscuous with for their own animalistic promiscuity? Shotgun weddings?
Are we still trying to pretend only the sluttiest of girls ever had sex before their wedding nights until the Pill was invented? Seriously? We're still trying to pull off this Madonna/Whore bullshit?

I must take you at your word, then; more's the pity. Can you at least acknowledge the designed duplicity of Clintonspeak?
Obviously I'm not seeing it the way you are. Seems pointless to argue about someone's intentions in saying something unless at least one of us has some evidence of what those intentions were. We'll only go in circles.

Forum List

Back