The "official" reasons our economy isnt recovering and we have no job growth

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Today in his speech Obama gave everyone further proof how out of touch he is by adding to his previous list of reasons for our economic woes. We can now officially blame our problems on :

The Arab spring *new addition*
European economy *new addition*
The Japanese disaster *new addition*
Atm machines
Big business
Tea Party
Republicans
The rich
Low taxes
Lack of regulations
Wallstreet
Joe The Plumber
Me
You
Everyone else
The mean media
Talk radio
Fox News

To date no current mention has been made about :

Bad policy making on his part
His healthcare law
His tax wishes
The new epa regulations
The ban on oil drilling
The insane spending
The stimulus
Dodd Frank
The 2 years he controlled congress and did nothing

I'm beginning to think he is unfamiliar with the concept of "accepting responsibility for your mistakes"
I honestly don't see things getting much better until he is out of office.

• Banned
The one in the Gulf coast. The one where the companies got tired of the bs and took American jobs elsewhere.

Yea, that one.

19,000 jobs and a billion plus in wages lost since drilling moratorium

March 22, 2011

Mason also estimated the national job losses to have increased from 12,000 to 19,000; regional wage losses to be $800 million, up from $500 million; national wage losses to be $1.1 billion, up from $700 million; lost tax revenues on the state and local level to be $155 million, up from $100 million; and lost tax revenues on the national level to be $350 million, up from $200 million.

----------------

Obama Energy Department Scrupulous In Approving Oil Permits

obama-energy-department-scrupulous-in-approving-oil-permits

The one in the Gulf coast. The one where the companies got tired of the bs and took American jobs elsewhere.

Yea, that one.

You made it sound like we banned drilling for oil in this country. Which is most certainly not the case. Especially considering how the U.S is a leading country in oil drilling.

Today in his speech Obama gave everyone further proof how out of touch he is by adding to his previous list of reasons for our economic woes. We can now officially blame our problems on :

The Arab spring *new addition*
European economy *new addition*
The Japanese disaster *new addition*
Atm machines
Big business
Tea Party
Republicans
The rich
Low taxes
Lack of regulations
Wallstreet
Joe The Plumber
Me
You
Everyone else
The mean media
Talk radio
Fox News

To date no current mention has been made about :

Bad policy making on his part
His healthcare law
His tax wishes
The new epa regulations
The ban on oil drilling
The insane spending
The stimulus
Dodd Frank
The 2 years he controlled congress and did nothing

I'm beginning to think he is unfamiliar with the concept of "accepting responsibility for your mistakes"
I honestly don't see things getting much better until he is out of office.

You forgot the biggest one George W. Bush!!!!

The buck stops....never with Obama.

Yea, that one.

Link? They've been going back and forth with that ban.

That being said, you made it sound like we banned drilling for oil in this country. Which is most certainly not the case. Especially considering how the U.S is a leading country in oil drilling.

Link?

Please provide the link showing the US is a leading country in oil drilling.

Also, this administration has banned all offshore drilling, which was overturned by the courts and then ignored by Obama.

March 22, 2011

Mason also estimated the national job losses to have increased from 12,000 to 19,000; regional wage losses to be $800 million, up from $500 million; national wage losses to be $1.1 billion, up from $700 million; lost tax revenues on the state and local level to be $155 million, up from $100 million; and lost tax revenues on the national level to be $350 million, up from $200 million.

----------------

I followed your link to the original source:

19,000 Jobs Worth $1.1 Billion in Wages Lost Nationally Since Offshore Drilling Moratorium Imposed | CNSnews.com

(CNSNews.com) – (EDITOR'S NOTE -- due to a typographical error, a previous version of this story contained an incorrect number for the Obama administration's estimate on job loss. The correct number is 12,000. We regret the error.)

Plus, the numbers seem to be from a study. Got anything other than that? Official numbers maybe?

Obama reminds me of the guys who go on Maury and fail lie detector tests or test positive for paternity and then proceed to insist the tests are flawed while denying all personal responsibility.

Link?

Please provide the link showing the US is a leading country in oil drilling.

Also, this administration has banned all offshore drilling, which was overturned by the courts and then ignored by Obama.

They certainly did not ban all offshore drilling. Furthermore:

List of countries by oil production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They banned it in the gulf. Was overturned in court. They ignored the ruling. All of it is moot since the companies, the money and the jobs were gone. All thanks to Obama.

March 22, 2011

----------------

I followed your link to the original source:

19,000 Jobs Worth $1.1 Billion in Wages Lost Nationally Since Offshore Drilling Moratorium Imposed | CNSnews.com

(CNSNews.com) – (EDITOR'S NOTE -- due to a typographical error, a previous version of this story contained an incorrect number for the Obama administration's estimate on job loss. The correct number is 12,000. We regret the error.)

Plus, the numbers seem to be from a study. Got anything other than that? Official numbers maybe?

You got me
7,000 must explain the small drop in unemployment
:eusa_whistle:

Speaking of numbers
your post with oil production
is using estimated numbers for US oil production in 2011
from a study

Last edited:
Obama has done exactly what Reagan and Bush and Bush did...

1. cut taxes

2. increase defense spending

3. borrow money to stimulate the economy

Why that suddenly became something for the Right to rant against is quite the mystery.

1. cut taxes

Why that suddenly became something for the Right to rant against is quite the mystery.

Last time I checked we weren't on the verge of a financial meltdown when those two did what they did. Now what's Obamas excuse?

1. cut taxes

Well other than blowing the hypocrisy meter off the wall,and doing a better job at the spending thing,ya whats to cry about.

Obama has given us the tea party,forever part of his legacy for good or bad.

1. cut taxes

Well other than blowing the hypocrisy meter off the wall,and doing a better job at the spending thing,ya whats to cry about.

Obama has given us the tea party,forever part of his legacy for good or bad.
The Tea Party was his crowning achievement.

Forum List

Back