Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
In the United States:

President: Barack Obama
Vice President: Joe Biden
Senate Majority Leader: Harry Reid
Speaker of the House: Nancy Pelosi

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2:1,2

I have no problem praying for them and all the other leaders of our nation elected and unelected, local and federal.

I think it's a great idea to pray for our government. These are tough times. (I prayed for Bush--not that it did any good.)

I'm very happy with the Obama administration, so far.

I just read this in the book of Psalms:

The politician is my shepherd – I am in want:

He maketh me to lie down on park benches.

He leadeth me beside the still factories.

He disturbeth my soul.

He leadeth me in the path of destruction for the party's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Depression,

I anticipate no recovery for he is with me.

He prepareth a reduction in my salary. In the presence of mine enemies,

He anointeth my small income with taxes: my expense runneth over.

Surely unemployment and poverty shall follow me all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in a mortgaged house forever.

May President Barack Obama completely hold to his highest aspirations and serve our nation with honor and distinction. May his take up the complex tasks of leading our nation out of danger and into prosperity.

May he act courageously and wisely. May we 100 years from now, consider him our greatest President.

May President Barack Obama succeed exceedingly well, and may all beings benefit.

I pray for them, xsisted! What's more, my 5 & 6 year olds do, too. We say prayers for our military, for those we know in the military, for our family, for the world, for the unsaved, and for the leaders of our country!

BTW, this is the first year they've become aware of "America" and "presidents" and they are very proud of their ability to recognize and name President Obama.

Lol...you weren't here (I don't think) when I was talking about my daughter-in-law and son canceling out each other's presidential votes. She was Obama all the way (her cell phone had "Obama ROCKS" as its background) and he was 100 percent McCain.

Doesn't mean I want him to do what he's doing, but of course we pray for the leaders of our country. We pray they see the light and mend their heathen ways!

JK, sort of..

Nonetheless, it warmed my heart to think of your 5 and 6 year old kids praying for the President.

They do, and they take it VERY seriously.

And we don't call him a heathen when we're praying. We just do that when we're ribbing my daughter in law.

Forum List

Back