The Official "I Voted Today" Thread

Wow I didn't realize that freedom of opinion wasn't allowed in voting areas...

When you are within a certain distance of the polling place, campaigning for a particular candidate is not allowed. Wearing articles of clothing in support of or against a particular candidate inside the polling places is called electioneering, which is basically campaigning for a particular candidate inside of the polling place, hoping to change someone's vote.

You can campaign all you want outside of the distance set up for the polls, you just can't do it inside of the polling place.

No freedom of opinion is being violated here. You can express it outside of the polls, just not inside.

Just out of curiosity................has ANYONE who has been reading this thread seen anything that would make them question the validity of the system, or have they seen any possible examples of voter fraud?

Like I said in my post about my experience, they verified who you were, they checked you against the computer, and there was no way that I could see where voter fraud could be accomplished.

And I was looking............

I have a deviant mind. I think it would be extremely easy to cheat here in North Carolina. That could explain why North Carolina voted for Obama in 2008 but voted for Romney in 2012. I gave them my name and my address. I had to sign the ballot when I received it. I could have very easily went back and gave them another name and address. I could have easily voted twice but I probably wouldn't do that unless I went to a different county. North Carolina is notorious for passing invalid laws in recent years. Our voter ID laws were shut down because it prevented black people from voting. Now you can vote as many times as you want as long as you know the names of people that aren't going to be voting. All you have to know is their name and their address. If anybody wants to help Trump win in North Carolina then here is what you need to do:

1. Go to NC Public Voter Search Type in random names until you get a match.
2. Early vote in your home state.
3. Go to that person's polling place.
4. Say that person's name. Say that person's address.
5. Sign the statement that says you are that person and everything is correct.
6. Vote for Trump.
7. Repeat until polls close.

Voter fraud may not happen but there is a huge potential for it. I'm not stupid.

Stupid would be walking into a LOCAL neighborhood polling place and pretending to be someone else. That Pollworker, for all you know, is that guys 3rd grade teacher.

Voting fraud comes with a five year sentence and up to $10,000 in fines. That's an awfully big risk for zero reward.

New one on me, folks up here don't get that uptight I guess. ~shrug~

Then again, most of us aren't the wilting flower types that are "intimidated" by others opinions and choices. heh

You know, watching the news here in Amarillo tonight, they said there isn't a problem with voter fraud, but there IS a problem with people "electioneering" which means they are showing support either for or against a particular candidate inside the polling area.

Matter of fact, one man was arrested in a town close to here in the Panhandle. Seems that he was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat, and a Trump/Pence tee shirt. He was told to take off the hat and to turn his shirt inside out so that he could vote, but he only took off the hat and tried to get into the polling area with his shirt still showing Trump/Pence.

There have been people here in Amarillo who have been told they must remove clothing or buttons before they can be allowed in the polling area. Most have complied, but many have gone back to Facebook to bitch about their experience voting.

And do you know who the majority of the electioneering people are? That's right........Trump supporters.

Electioneering for a presidential candidate is a complete waste of time. People don't make up their mind at the polls for a presidential candidate. Electioneering is only effective for lesser known office. For example: Our county commissioner races here allow you to vote for five candidates. You could be pretty solid on one, two, three, or four candidates. If someone gives you a smile and hands you a card then you might vote for that 5th candidate. Electioneering for a presidential candidate is akin to blogging. It makes you feel like an activist but you are really just spinning your wheels. I can't imagine a voter that would say, "Oh Donald Trump. President huh? I never heard of him. I guess I'll give him a shot." or "Now which office is Hillary Clinton running for? I'll try to remember that." It is so sad.

Just out of curiosity................has ANYONE who has been reading this thread seen anything that would make them question the validity of the system, or have they seen any possible examples of voter fraud?

Like I said in my post about my experience, they verified who you were, they checked you against the computer, and there was no way that I could see where voter fraud could be accomplished.

And I was looking............

I have a deviant mind. I think it would be extremely easy to cheat here in North Carolina. That could explain why North Carolina voted for Obama in 2008 but voted for Romney in 2012. I gave them my name and my address. I had to sign the ballot when I received it. I could have very easily went back and gave them another name and address. I could have easily voted twice but I probably wouldn't do that unless I went to a different county. North Carolina is notorious for passing invalid laws in recent years. Our voter ID laws were shut down because it prevented black people from voting. Now you can vote as many times as you want as long as you know the names of people that aren't going to be voting. All you have to know is their name and their address. If anybody wants to help Trump win in North Carolina then here is what you need to do:

1. Go to NC Public Voter Search Type in random names until you get a match.
2. Early vote in your home state.
3. Go to that person's polling place.
4. Say that person's name. Say that person's address.
5. Sign the statement that says you are that person and everything is correct.
6. Vote for Trump.
7. Repeat until polls close.

Voter fraud may not happen but there is a huge potential for it. I'm not stupid.

Stupid would be walking into a LOCAL neighborhood polling place and pretending to be someone else. That Pollworker, for all you know, is that guys 3rd grade teacher.

Voting fraud comes with a five year sentence and up to $10,000 in fines. That's an awfully big risk for zero reward.

I know. I wouldn't do it in my county. If I was going to vote for someone else it would be someone outside of my county. I'm not saying I did or did not do this in the past. I can neither confirm or deny that I have done this in my lifetime.

A dumber thing to do would be to get a fake ID just for the sake of voting on behalf of another person.

Who's voting tomorrow?

Show yourselves, procrastinators.

We've got relatively long lines at my county's early voting centers today. I came into work at 7 to take care of administrative stuff and ended up issuing ballots before our office officially opened. I issued 6 ballots before 8 AM. It's been non stop all day!

Who's voting tomorrow?

Show yourselves, procrastinators.

Give me a break, will ya? Do you know how much time it takes to rig an election? Hillary has had us down here in the basement printing fake ballots for the last 14 hours straight. Will get to the polls when we get to the polls, for cryin' out loud!

Time to Make America Great, by voting the successful businessman and entrepreneur Donald J Trump tomorrow!

Forum List

Back