The Official "I Voted Today" Thread

I would love to see a moderator go through and wipe out all the off topic crap in this thread so I could relate my experience in voting early. As it is, it would be a waste of my time.

Ah, you're in Vegas too. Nice. Please relate your experience. Voter turnout in Clark County has been really great so far.

You know what's really interesting about voting here in Amarillo? Even though we are having record voter turnout for early voting, the wait has only averaged 30 to 45 min.

If you go by the voting place when they first open, the line is already wrapped around the building.

I think it's great that people are starting to take responsibility in this country.

Did you guys know that it is possible to take back your vote and change it in 3 states?

In one of them, you can change it up to 3 times. And, in another state, you can take back your vote all the way up to 5:00 the day before the election.

Did you guys know that it is possible to take back your vote and change it in 3 states?

In one of them, you can change it up to 3 times. And, in another state, you can take back your vote all the way up to 5:00 the day before the election.

Are you sure about that? Here in CA you can mess up your ballot and get a new one from the poll worker twice, giving you a total of three ballots, but the other two are "spoiled" (destroyed)

Are you sure about that? Here in CA you can mess up your ballot and get a new one from the poll worker twice, giving you a total of three ballots, but the other two are "spoiled" (destroyed)

Nope, you can actually CHANGE your vote. It seems that in the three states the news was talking about (forgot which 3, but they are in the northern Midwest), they take your ballot and store it until election day when it is counted.

If it hasn't been counted yet, you can go back, grab your old ballot, and change it, replacing your previous vote. It doesn't give you more than one vote, just the option to change the one you had cast if you're still within the time limits.

Nope, you can actually CHANGE your vote. It seems that in the three states the news was talking about (forgot which 3, but they are in the northern Midwest), they take your ballot and store it until election day when it is counted.

If it hasn't been counted yet, you can go back, grab your old ballot, and change it, replacing your previous vote. It doesn't give you more than one vote, just the option to change the one you had cast if you're still within the time limits.

Wow...I'll have to look into that. I work full time at a CA elections office. The election nerds like me here at work will get a kick out of that.

After the bullshit email crap I am even happier that I voted clinton! Go Clinton.

So the more evidence there is that the diaper-wearing, colostomy-bagged, epileptic old criminal peddled US intel for money, the more you support her eh? Too bad you were allowed to vote at all.

I am still waiting for my ballot to arrive in the mail.

I plan to vote all GOP for the Senate, all DEM for the House, and for neither Trump nor Hillary.

Don't be immature. Save your protest vote for another time, do the right thing.

Protest voting is totally an American thing to do. Saddam Hussein got 100% of the votes in his last election. That's not what we want here in America. We just aren't like that. Protesting is what we do.

By the way, if you're a member of this forum and you haven't voted by the end of this week, please delete your account.
Why?

I vote on Election Day.

This forum is for political junkies. We're supposed to be voting early. Procrastinating until the last day is for fence sitting twats.

Not so. I get up extremely early on election day. I try to be the first one to vote. I actually was the first one in my precinct to vote in the runoff election for congress this summer.

After the bullshit email crap I am even happier that I voted clinton! Go Clinton.
of course you voted clinton. There has been no mistake at your hate for this country.
I hope Trump wins and strips all funding for science as his first move to fix the budget.
We would be better off not paying for research anyway, according to the liberals the other countries have better education, better healthcare, better products and better research. I think its time we just accept that fact and stop wasting needed resources funding it.

You know how I put pressure on people to vote? When they see my ballcap (it says U.S. Navy Retired on it), they walk up and thank me for my service.

I then tell them if they really appreciate what I did, they will vote because defending America and it's democracy is one of the primary purposes of the military. I also tell them I don't care who they vote for, I just care that they vote, and if they really appreciate the service of the military, they will vote as well.

Almost all of them will immediately agree with me and they then say they will vote.

Whether or not it's just lip service they're giving me, it doesn't matter, I still got my point across.

And.............I'm non partisan and I'm polite about it.

I'm so weird about this. I served in the military to defend my country from enemies both foreign and domestic. If you are an idiot then you don't need to be voting. If you don't vote then you are an idiot. If you are an uninformed idiot that votes under duress then you are now a domestic enemy. I swore to defend the country from domestic enemies. Why would I create domestic enemies? If you didn't register to vote on your 18th birthday then you probably don't think like me. I really don't want you voting. I will defend your right to vote but I'll never encourage anybody to vote. I only discourage people from voting that will vote in opposition to the way I vote. I'm very partisan about it. Don't vote if you are going to cause my side to lose. Encouraging dumbass deadbeats to vote just doesn't make sense. Besides those dumbasses that you can bully into registering to vote never show up to vote. What is the point in clogging up the voter registration rolls? Inactive voter rolls creates an opportunity for fraud and it skews data. If you aren't already voting then please don't vote. I beg you. That's only because I am 100% certain that you won't vote the way I do. The people that vote like me registered to vote on their 18th birthday.

So you're married to another woman, right? Does she refer to you as her husband?

I'm also married to another woman. She is my wife and I am hers. Curiosity satisfied?

Not really....so who pushes the grocery cart?
huh.gif

One of the kids if I can drag them to the commissary, but usually it just depends who does it that week. Sometimes her, sometimes me. Any other mundane tasks you want to discuss?

"the commissary"? Do you run a roach-coach? BTW, most lesbians I see around consist of a butch with short hair and tats doing a bad impression of a tough guy, and a fem who is the wife. Two fem "wives" are pretty unlikely....one of you does the driving and tries to fix the toaster.

Yes, the commissary. It's a place to buy groceries on a military base. Never heard of it? Shame.

You must live in the south...or in 1970. Get out more and learn not to stereotype.

Are you in the military? Is your wife in the military?

I voted last Monday, the first day of early voting. I was in and out in 5 minutes or less. I had to show my picture ID not once but twice in order to vote. I didn't feel oppressed about that either.

After voting, I was walking to my car and got stopped and interviewed by a local TV station. The interview went like this:

Reporter: "Hi can I ask you about your voting experience today?"
Me: "Sure."
Reporter: "How long did you have to wait?"
Me: "5 minutes tops."
Reporter: "Why did you choose to vote early?"
Me: "I work the entire time the polls are open on that Tuesday."
Reporter: "I see. You didn't want to try the mail-in ballot?"
Me: "I didn't think about that but I was right here in this area on business so I stopped in and took care of it."
Reporter: "May I ask you who you voted for today?"
Me: "Sure, I voted for Trump."
Reporter: "You like his message?"
Me: "Well, I just can not in good conscience allow Hillary to get in the White House."
Reporter: "Ok sir, thanks for your time"
Me: "Sure."

Didn't get on TV.

Forum List

Back