The official "Herman Cain for 2012" thread.

preemptive strike by playing the race race race card.

Just pointing out what the far-left typically does. Sorry if that offends you..

it does not offend me at all.

what offends me mildly is that you are from NOLA and that you post on a messageboard on mardi gras. :razz:

:lol::lol:

Been there done that... too many drunken idiots in town. I'll probably venture out later for drink or two or three after all the drunks pass out or head back to their hotels.

if he runs against obama in the general, how are the sweet leftist pansies going to play the race card?

I mentioned him to some of the black guys at work and one said....." Who, the pizza man?". It really is amazing how real business experience and real world knowledge is treated with such scepticism but a fishy State Senator and community organizer(vote buyer) is some how great Presidential material.

What is it about him being a successful and Conservative African American businessman that makes him totally unacceptable?

Nothing. It's called facetiousness.

Seriously though, he makes sense, he doesn't spread the victim message and he's been there and done that in business. The far left will trash him and the race industry will question his "blackness".

Wait for it...

why wait, you already started.

I guess avoiding the rush. :doubt:

I like what I see so far. i wont make any decisions until I see who is in. And quite frankling my choice probably wont make any difference.

so far like the gentleman, makes for and interesting primary
He seems to have the experience as far as public speaking goes. I'm not endorsing him however. I'd have to see him debate.
if he runs against obama in the general, how are the sweet leftist pansies going to play the race card?

That is prolly the primary reason he's running since the GOP gave Steele the boot.

I mentioned him to some of the black guys at work and one said....." Who, the pizza man?". It really is amazing how real business experience and real world knowledge is treated with such scepticism but a fishy State Senator and community organizer(vote buyer) is some how great Presidential material.

truth is spoken here

Last edited:
Cain has real potential in the GOP primaries/caucuses. He is intelligent and eloquent and the field so far seems kind of weak. But he needs to kick butt in the debates and needs real advertising. Both of which are very possible. However I fear he will be like Alan Keyes in 2000, impressive in debates but the combination of factors (lack of name recognition, media and let's be honest-race) doomed him. The advantage he may have over Keyes though is money and less prone to making wacky comments.

I'm shocked at all the racism the left is spewing regarding West. They just can't stand the thought of a 100% black man as president, can they?

He's a successful and Conservative African American businessman.

Therefore, totally unacceptable. Let the savaging begin.

What is it about him being a successful and Conservative African American businessman that makes him totally unacceptable?

Nothing. It's called facetiousness.

Seriously though, he makes sense, he doesn't spread the victim message and he's been there and done that in business. The far left will trash him and the race industry will question his "blackness".

Wait for it...

Born Herman Cain, December 13, 1945, in Memphis, TN; son of Luther and Lenora Cain; married Gloria Cain; children: Melanie and Vincent.
Education: Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, B.S., 1967; Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, M.A., computer science, 1971.
Memberships: Chairman, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, 1992; president, National Restaurant Association, 1994-95; board member, Creighton University, 1989-; board member, Super Valu, Inc., 1990-; board member, Utilicorp United Inc., 1992-; board member, Whirlpool Corp., 1992; member, Economic Growth and Tax Reform Commission established by Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole.
Career
The Pillsbury Company, Minneapolis, MN, vice president/corporate systems and services, 1977-82; Burger King Corporation, Philadelphia, PA, regional vice president, 1982-86; Godfather's Pizza Inc., Omaha, NE, president, 1986-88, president/CEO, 1988--.

Life's Work

Herman Cain has enjoyed a stellar career in the business world. He became the youngest vice president in the history of The Pillsbury Company in 1977 after just three years with the company. He left this position in 1982 to learn the restaurant business at Pillsbury's Burger King subsidiary. In 1986, his success with Burger King prompted Pillsbury to select Cain to assume the presidency of another of its struggling companies, Godfather's Pizza. Finally, he became the first black president of the National Restaurant Association, the food service industry's leading trade organization.

When Cain started working at a Minneapolis Burger King in 1982, he cleaned toilets and flipped hamburgers. After completing the management training program in only nine months, Cain was named vice president and general manager for the Philadelphia region of the Burger King Corporation. Attaining this position was particularly special for Cain, considering that he and several friends were refused service in a restaurant in 1952 when they attempted to buy a hamburger.

Although there have been many reasons for Cain's business success, he credits maintaining a sharp focus as a key component. The 1997 website for the Business Leadership Summit held at San Joaquin Delta College, Leadership Summit, Inc. stated, "Faith, focus, and follow-through are the ingredients of the successful recipe of Herman Cain." Eric K. Washington in American Visions wrote, "Cain credits a single overriding principle--'focus, focus, focus'--for his success." Cain told Wallace Terry in Parade Magazine, "My philosophy has always been to exceed the expectations of the job." Responding to a question by Policy Review about establishing a successful business in the competitive market Cain remarked, "Because I am a black American, I've had to perform better than my white counterparts. This is a personal standard that I've set for myself: I've got to perform a little better in order to get the same opportunity. I can't just be as good; I've got to be better. It should not be this way, but it is." After receiving the International Food Manufacturers Association's Operator of the Year/Gold-Plate Award in 1991, Cain was quoted as saying in Restaurant Business, "Success is a journey, not a destination."

SOURCE

And I will add And it matters NOT how you accomplish the journey, but rather what you learned through the journey, and apply it for the Liberty of all, and impart that journey unto others.

this guy is now my #1 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADwSnQKaGR8

godspeed to him!

Sounds like a winner to me.

Probably would be a good Prez or Veep.

A good combination with Huckabee in either slot.
Huck's not going to get the Indy or the Moderate vote. You need to realize the GOP will be running against an incumbent, and Indys and Moderates always lean to incumbents for POTUS unless someone really sets their asses on fire.

Cain has that potential, Huck does not. At all.

is he a citizen ?

man, there is something about him... he's got a boatload of charisma... i like the way he talks. i like his conservatism.

Forum List

Back