The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, stop being ridiculous.

History books and that of the people who conquered the land will testify that there wasn't one person being called a "Palestinian" in ancient times.

The use of the word Palestine for the region from 5th century BC does not change that.

By all means do not pay attention to what the Muslims have been doing for the past forty years, especially the past 10 years, which is attempting and passing rules where the Jewish identity of the Temple Mount, Cave of the Patriarchs, Rachel Tomb, Joseph Tomb and others have magically passed not to be Muslim heritage.

By all means, read and think what you like. No one can make you understand what is factual and what is not.

As far as you know, if some people called the area, the region ,Palestine, than the inhabitants must have been called Palestinians.

Enough said?

I'm not sure why you're having issues on what I bolded, because I already agreed that is an issue. :dunno:

I'm sticking to factual, and you are totally ignoring the points I make. It doesn't matter what you CALL a people. They don't just cease to exist based on a name.
And here you are, alleging that the State of Israel, I and others, wish the Palestinian people to disappear.

I have no idea how Israel intends to do so, since they did recognize them as a nationality decades ago, and have been working hard to make the PA and Gaza put down their weapons long enough to sit down and negotiate for the Arab State they keep saying they want to have.

And still, as you say that we are somehow wanting the Palestinians to disappear, what you put in bold letters is exactly what the Palestinians have been doing with the Jews for the past few decades. Getting rid of the Jews by getting rid of their connection to any one of their holy sites.

If many people believe that all of those places are really Muslim holy sites and not Jewish, where does that leave the Jews?

History books and that of the people who conquered the land will testify that there wasn't one person being called a "Palestinian" in ancient times.

The use of the word Palestine for the region from 5th century BC does not change that.

By all means do not pay attention to what the Muslims have been doing for the past forty years, especially the past 10 years, which is attempting and passing rules where the Jewish identity of the Temple Mount, Cave of the Patriarchs, Rachel Tomb, Joseph Tomb and others have magically passed not to be Muslim heritage.

By all means, read and think what you like. No one can make you understand what is factual and what is not.

As far as you know, if some people called the area, the region ,Palestine, than the inhabitants must have been called Palestinians.

Enough said?

I'm not sure why you're having issues on what I bolded, because I already agreed that is an issue. :dunno:

I'm sticking to factual, and you are totally ignoring the points I make. It doesn't matter what you CALL a people. They don't just cease to exist based on a name.
And here you are, alleging that the State of Israel, I and others, wish the Palestinian people to disappear.

I have no idea how Israel intends to do so, since they did recognize them as a nationality decades ago, and have been working hard to make the PA and Gaza put down their weapons long enough to sit down and negotiate for the Arab State they keep saying they want to have.

And still, as you say that we are somehow wanting the Palestinians to disappear, what you put in bold letters is exactly what the Palestinians have been doing with the Jews for the past few decades. Getting rid of the Jews by getting rid of their connection to any one of their holy sites.

If many people believe that all of those places are really Muslim holy sites and not Jewish, where does that leave the Jews?

Your own statements seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. You work pretty darn hard to deny them any heritage beyond "Arab invaders" and instead make it a discussion about "getting rid of Jews". How about this? NEITHER is acceptable!

Enough said?

Your own statements seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. You work pretty darn hard to deny them any heritage beyond "Arab invaders" and instead make it a discussion about "getting rid of Jews". How about this? NEITHER is acceptable!
Stop putting your own interpretations on what I wrote. I could not have been any clearer.

Israel recognized the identity, nationality of the Palestinians decades ago.

On the Palestinian side, they have been working very hard to obliterate anything known to be of Jewish heritage and make it now known as Muslim heritage.

And by saying this you allege that I am saying that I do not think that they Palestinians have no right to live anywhere in region known as Palestine, Israel, Judea or Samaria?

Seriously? Is that what I said?

Clearly you do not seem concerned that the Palestinians are doing such a great job of having all the Jewish holy sites be called by UNESCO as Muslim Palestinian Heritage.

Enough said?

Stop putting your own interpretations on what I wrote. I could not have been any clearer.

On the Palestinian side, they have been working very hard to obliterate anything known to be of Jewish heritage and make it now known as Muslim heritage.

And by saying this you allege that I am saying that I do not think that they Palestinians have no right to live anywhere in region known as Palestine, Israel, Judea or Samaria?

Clearly you do not seem concerned that the Palestinians are doing such a great job of having all the Jewish holy sites be called by UNESCO as Muslim Palestinian Heritage.

You keep talking about what ISRAEL has recognized. What about you? I'm not going by Israel's statements, I'm going by yours and you repeatedly refer to Palestinians in ways that negate their history - ie descendents of Arab invaders and migrants for example, in all ways implying they are a recent aberration not a people who have been there a long time.

Let's stick to that before moving on to what is happening to Jewish heritage because you keep throwing that into the mix as if one is dependent on the other. I don't disagree with you on the wrongness of attempts to obliterate Jewish history (talk about putting interpretations on what I say when this is probably the 3rd time I have said I agree with you that that is an issue).

Enough said?

You keep talking about what ISRAEL has recognized. What about you? I'm not going by Israel's statements, I'm going by yours and you repeatedly refer to Palestinians in ways that negate their history - ie descendents of Arab invaders and migrants for example, in all ways implying they are a recent aberration not a people who have been there a long time.

Let's stick to that before moving on to what is happening to Jewish heritage because you keep throwing that into the mix as if one is dependent on the other. I don't disagree with you on the wrongness of attempts to obliterate Jewish history.
You have been told the history of today's Palestinian people.
You have been told where they came from and how long ago.

They DO NOT come from the region called Palestine in the 5th Century BCE.

And there is no way of changing that.

I do not negate their history, I and others, have told you what their history is, and always have been, and always will be.
There is no way of changing it.

Some clans have been there since the 7th century and others are as recent as coming before 1948.

That is their history. It cannot, and it will not be changed.

Neither I, Israel, not anyone else has forced them to leave.
It has been the Jewish people who were forced to leave their homes from 1920 to 1948, and then again in 2005.
And they want Israel to get out of more land, and then more land.......until they achieve what Mohammad, their Muslim master designed as the way to beat the enemy.

"Khaybar, remember Khaybar" they yell at the Jews.

What do you think they want? To live in peace with the Jews?
Many do, those who live in Israel or those who have been in touch with Jews, and know that they are not the evil monkeys the Quran describes.

I cannot change Where they came from and When they came to the region called Palestine, with their Shieks, and Caliphs and controlled the area until the Crusaders came.

But if I do continue to understand you, you seem to think that because a region was name Palestine (because of the Philistines) and that word used by a few at some points in time, that all who lived there were actually known as Palestinians, and were called Palestinians and dealt with the Greeks, the Romans, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, etc as Palestinians .

Is that what history tells us? That all of those conquerors of ancient Canaan referred to the people on the land as Palestinians ?

How were the people refer to? How did all of those Greeks, Romans, etc refer to the Nation they encountered there?

Let's stick to that before moving on to what is happening to Jewish heritage because you keep throwing that into the mix as if one is dependent on the other. I don't disagree with you on the wrongness of attempts to obliterate Jewish history.

I do not negate their history, I and others, have told you what their history is, and always have been, and always will be.

Some clans have been there since the 7th century and others are as recent as coming before 1948.

It has been the Jewish people who were forced to leave their homes from 1920 to 1948, and then again in 2005.
And they want Israel to get out of more land, and then more land.......until they achieve what Mohammad, their Muslim master designed as the way to beat the enemy.

Many do, those who live in Israel or those who have been in touch with Jews, and know that they are not the evil monkeys the Quran describes.

I cannot change Where they came from and When they came to the region called Palestine, with their Shieks, and Caliphs and controlled the area until the Crusaders came.

But if do continue to understand you, you seem to think that because a region was name Palestine (because of the Philistines) and that word used by a few at some points in time, that all who lived there were actually known as Palestinians, and were called Palestinians and dealt with the Greeks, the Romans, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, etc as Palestinians .

Is that what history tells us? That all of those conquerors of ancient Canaan referred to the people on the land as Palestinians ?

How were they refer to them? How did they refer to the Nation they encounter there?

You keep saying "you've been told" "you've been told""you've been told""you've been told" as if your narrative is the only truth while completely ignoring anything counter to it. So get off your high horse please.

What you "seem to think" I think is completely off. You are stuck on SEMANTICS, that is all it is for you. You ignore genetics, you ignore what historians have said (and which I posted) you ignore everything except "they weren't known as Palestinians".

Your entire argument is based on "well no one CALLED them Palestinians".

You completely ignore my questions asking about YOUR views, talking instead about what Israel does.

So again - your own arguments seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. Is that how you feel?

But if I do continue to understand you, you seem to think that because a region was name Palestine (because of the Philistines) and that word used by a few at some points in time, that all who lived there were actually known as Palestinians, and were called Palestinians and dealt with the Greeks, the Romans, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, etc as Palestinians .

How were the people refer to? How did all of those Greeks, Romans, etc refer to the Nation they encountered there?

You do realize the conflict saw the expulsions of both Jews and Palestinians, right? Not just Jews.

But if do continue to understand you, you seem to think that because a region was name Palestine (because of the Philistines) and that word used by a few at some points in time, that all who lived there were actually known as Palestinians, and were called Palestinians and dealt with the Greeks, the Romans, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, etc as Palestinians .

How were they refer to them? How did they refer to the Nation they encounter there?

You keep saying "you've been told" "you've been told""you've been told""you've been told" as if your narrative is the only truth while completely ignoring anything counter to it. So get off your high horse please.

What you "seem to think" I think is completely off. You are stuck on SEMANTICS, that is all it is for you. You ignore genetics, you ignore what historians have said (and which I posted) you ignore everything except "they weren't known as Palestinians".

You completely ignore my questions asking about YOUR views, talking instead about what Israel does.

So again - your own arguments seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. Is that how you feel?
Let me give two references from the 1st century CE.

The New Testament

Complete Works of Josephus

Find one mention of Palestinians in either one.

You do realize the conflict saw the expulsions of both Jews and Palestinians, right? Not just Jews.
In 1948, yes.

From 1920 to before Israel's Independence, no.

''.l

The New Testament

Again. You are going entirely by the existence of a word. This is pointless.

And you are dodging (again) my question.

Your own arguments seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. Is that how you feel?

''.l

The New Testament

Your own arguments seem to imply you do not feel that the Palestinians have any right of place in that area. Is that how you feel?
I will answer again.

No, I do not think that the Palestinians DO NOT have the right to have their own place, State, country, etc.

The question remains, what are they waiting for?

So many offers, so many NOs.

What do they want?

the people, who they are, their heritage ...

But that is EXACTLY the point. It is not their heritage. Their identity is a completely different heritage. They are usurping someone else's heritage deliberately.

''.l

The New Testament

I will answer again.

No, I do not think that the Palestinians DO NOT have the right to have their own place, State, country, etc.

What do they want?

That is not what I asked. Do Palestinians have any right of place in that area. That would be the area they have lived for generations if not thousands of years. Not some Jordan. Not Egypt. Not Syria.

But that is EXACTLY the point. It is not their heritage. Their identity is a completely different heritage. They are usurping someone else's heritage deliberately.

Who's heritage are Palestinians usurping? They DO have ties to THAT land - they do have their own heritage that goes back a long time - maybe not as distinctive as the Jewish heritage, but none the less they have those ties.

If you mean usurping Jewish religious sites - then I agree that is wrong. But they have a heritage in that place that is not merely descendents of "Arab invaders and migrants".

Actually...the idea of heritage becomes especially difficult when you have not one, but three ancient religions claiming some recognition of the same sites. Does that mean they are usurping them?

''.l

The New Testament

I will answer again.

What do they want?

That is not what I asked. Do Palestinians have any right of place in that area. That would be the area they have lived for generations if not thousands of years. Not some Jordan. Not Egypt. Not Syria.
Cut it down to 1700 years and not "thousands of years" and you will have the right people who call themselves Palestinians

''.l

The New Testament

I will answer again.

What do they want?

Cut it down to 1700 years and not "thousands of years" and you will have the right people who call themselves Palestinians

Again (and again) that doesn't jive with genetic evidence.

Who's heritage are Palestinians usurping? They DO have ties to THAT land - they do have their own heritage that goes back a long time - maybe not as distinctive as the Jewish heritage, but none the less they have those ties.

If you mean usurping Jewish religious sites - then I agree that is wrong. But they have a heritage in that place that is not merely descendents of "Arab invaders and migrants".
They are Usurping the JEWISH heritage.

Remember them? The Jewish People, with their Jewish Nation, with a Nation called Israel which had history for 3500 years on that land, with Egypt, the Philistines, the Greeks, the Assyrians, the Persians, the Babylonians, the Romans, the Byzantine, the Muslims, the Crusaders, the Ottomans and the British?

The Jewish People, the one and ONLY Jewish People.

''.l

The New Testament

I will answer again.

What do they want?

There is nothing I can do if you read genetic studies designed to dupe people against the Jews.

There isn't only one genetic study like that, there are several, and not one of them has the guts to come up with who those people tested were, where to find them so that they will have another test done through a Jewish agency.

They are Usurping the JEWISH heritage.

Remember them? The Jewish People, with their Jewish Nation, with a Nation called Israel which had history for 3500 years on that land, with Egypt, the Philistines, the Greeks, the Assyrians, the Persians, the Babylonians, the Romans, the Byzantine, the Muslims, the Crusaders, the Ottomans and the British?

The Jewish People, the one and ONLY Jewish People.

So what do you tell other religions - who also have a long established history involving those sites as part of their religion? One religion building on another is not exactly new. What I have a problem with in terms of Muslims is when they want to claim it for Islam only, which they can't, but they are a sacred trust for 3 religions now.

''.l

I will answer again.

What do they want?

There is nothing I can do if you read genetic studies designed to dupe people against the Jews.

There isn't only one genetic study like that, there are several, and not one of them has the guts to come up with who those people tested were, where to find them so that they will have another test done through a Jewish agency.

WTF? That sounds way off the wall. The one's I read at least, are scientific studies - they aren't done by anti-semitic groups. Nor are they designed to turn people against Jews though I am sure there are those who can take such info and misuse it for their own agendas. Frankly - why would a Jewish agency be more trustworthy than a non-Jewish one? Perhaps we had better demand and Arab one too just to be fair?

This is the article I cited (from an Israeli newspaper): Blood brothers: Palestinians and Jews share genetic roots
Several major studies published in the past five years attest to these ancient hereditary links. At the forefront of these efforts are two researchers: Harry Ostrer, professor of pediatrics and pathology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York, and Karl Skorecki, director of medical and research development at the Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa. Back in June 2010, and within two days of each other, the two scientists and their research teams published extensive analyses of the genetic origins of the Jewish people and their Near East ancestry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back