The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want The Third Temple Built Because I know Messiah Bin David will come if it is built.

Iā€™d help build it with my own hands if I were allowed to come to Israel to do that.

I know that building The Temple will bring forth Tribulations, & will usher in judgments upon The Earth and The Wicked, and prophecies in The Book of Daniel and elsewhere will be put in to motion. Let it be so.

So, I'm curious as to how you imagine what this will actually look like?!

Because while you use a nice "clean" word like "Tribulations" (capital letter, TM), I'm reading it as "Muslims will unleash a genocidal war upon Israel and the Jewish people".

Didn't they already?
Rambam is the most authoritative Halacha source for the Mssianic period, no one argues this issue, and every great posek who comments on Rambam doesn't touch the subject of Meshiah.

The rule is , good prophecies must materialize, not the bad ones.
We Jews ask for "Be Rahamim", we canno't fully know because it's dynamic but we'll understand once all Messianic prophecies fulfill. What triggers it is Tshuvah.
How do you feel about Daniel's Visions and Prophecies and how they dovetail with St. Johnā€™s Revelations?

How do you feel about The 7 Year End Time Treaty The Antichrist deceives Israel in to signing which he breaks in the middle when he defiles The Temple as ā€œThe Abomination of Desolationā€?

Some say Messiah comes then to start His ministry on Earth to preach the gospel again to Israel, and then at the end of The 7 years Antichrist goes to war with Him.

Some say Messiah comes after The 7 year tribulation is completed instead and then Je defeats All the armies strayed against Israel, and defeats Antichrist and The False Prophet then.

I donā€™t mean to derail the thread. I-We can talk in a Religious thread or a prophecy thread if there is one.

Last edited:
By the way here is a curious coincidence :26:
the word 'elections' in Hebrew is "Bhirot",
the laws regarding the Temple, in Rambam's "Mishne Torah" are called "Hilchot Beith HaBhirah"

RE: The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?
āœā†’ P F Tinmore, et al,

OK, but I don't see where all that addresses my points.
(COMMENT)

You don't have a point here. It is a jumble of inaccuracies.

In 1922 Palestine was occupied enemy (Ottoman) territory.
(COMMENT)

No, it was not "occupied" in 1922.

In 1924 those preliminary borders and Palestinian citizenship became dejure facts.
(COMMENT)

I don't know what a "preliminary border" is in relation to international law or international recognition. The demarcation was set by:
ARTICLE 1 ā€¢ FRANCO-BRITISH CONVENTION (1920) said:
The boundaries between the territories under the French mandate of Syria and the Lebanon on the one hand and the British mandates of Mesopotamia and Palestine on the other are determined as follows: LINK TO ā†’

The borders were set as Palestine's international borders.
(COMMENT)

Although the Mandate precluded the parceling of the territory, it did not prohibit the subdivision. The original boundary of the territory to which the Mandate applied did not represent a permanent international boundary to a State known as Palestine.

These international borders were referenced by the UN in the 1949 armistice agreements.
(COMMENT)

No

Unchanged to today. The Palestinians became citizens of Palestine by treaty and international law. Later to become Palestinian citizens by domestic law in 1925
(COMMENT)

No The Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925 may have been many things, but "domestic law" was not one of them.

And what relevance to the Citizenship, or any othe Order in Council, have to do with domestic approval by the Arab Palestinians. The Arab Palestinians declined to participate in any manner in the governce over the territory. So even if the issue of citizenship was brought to the table for discussion, the Arab Palestinians would not have been present to render a voice on the matter.

Most Respectfully,
R
No The Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925, blah, blah, blah...

The citizenship order was imposed on the Palestinians at the point of a gun.

It has dubious legitimacy.

That is interesting.

So maybe some kind of historical election takes place or an historical vote to build the temple occurs.

I have always felt that by a divine act, The Temple Mount is cleared allowing The Third Temple to be built.

But I had not considered the political activity that could be associated with such an event.

By the way here is a curious coincidence :26:
the word 'elections' in Hebrew is "Bhirot", the laws regarding the Temple, in Rambam's "Mishne Torah" are called "Hilchot Beith HaBhirah"

I want The Third Temple Built Because I know Messiah Bin David will come if it is built.

Iā€™d help build it with my own hands if I were allowed to come to Israel to do that.

I know that building The Temple will bring forth Tribulations, & will usher in judgments upon The Earth and The Wicked, and prophecies in The Book of Daniel and elsewhere will be put in to motion. Let it be so.

Because while you use a nice "clean" word like "Tribulations" (capital letter, TM), I'm reading it as "Muslims will unleash a genocidal war upon Israel and the Jewish people".

Didn't they already?
Rambam is the most authoritative Halacha source for the Mssianic period, no one argues this issue, and every great posek who comments on Rambam doesn't touch the subject of Meshiah.

We Jews ask for "Be Rahamim", we canno't fully know because it's dynamic but we'll understand once all Messianic prophecies fulfill. What triggers it is Tshuvah.
How do you feel about Daniel's Visions and Prophecies and how they dovetail with St. Johnā€™s Revelations?

How do you feel about The 7 Year End Time Treaty The Antichrist deceives Israel in to signing which he breaks in the middle when he defiles The Temple as ā€œThe Abomination of Desolationā€?

Some say Messiah comes then to start His ministry on Earth, and then at the end of The 7 years Antichrist goes to war with Him.

Some say Messiah comes after The 7 year tribulation is completed instead.

I donā€™t mean to derail the thread. I-We can talk in a Religious thread or a prophecy thread if there is one.
Those who tell do not know and those who know do not tell.
Don't count the years, work here and now in this world, this is the focus of Jewish thought.

How I feel about the NT?
Looking at truth with a broken mirror, paving the way to acceptance of knowledge of Hashem.

Jewish culture is more about knowledge and application than mere belief.
It's not much religious in the common sense.

Didn't they already?

Some say Messiah comes then to start His ministry on Earth, and then at the end of The 7 years Antichrist goes to war with Him.

Don't count the years, work here and now in this world, this is the focus of Jewish thought.

How I feel about the NT?
Looking at truth with a broken mirror, paving the way to acceptance of knowledge of Hashem.

Just to say from a Christian perspective, True Christians love Godā€™s chosen people.

We defend Israelā€™s right to have Jerusalem as its capital and Israel as a Sovereign Nation.

We respect The Pentateuch, and The Prophets as Godā€™s Word.

We believe in Messiah.

We believe and support The building of The Third Temple.

We believe Messiah will come when The Temple is built.

We want Messiah to come as much as you do, at least I think we do.

And we want to see Messiah Bless Israel and all The Earth through Israel and want Godā€™s Peace to reign over all The Earth when Messiah Comes to reign from Jerusalem.

Didn't they already?

How I feel about the NT?

Just to say from a Christian perspective, True Christians love Godā€™s chosen people.

We defend Israelā€™s right to have Jerusalem as its capital.

We respect The Pentateuch, and The Prophets.

We believe in Messiah.

And we want to see Messiah Bless Israel and all The Earth through Israel and want Godā€™s Peace to reign over all The Earth when Messiah Comes

Thank You for listing all the things we can agree upon.

I'm sure there're even more to agree..
We just don't try to convert each other, focus on Hashem not on ourselves
and everything is good.

You are welcome.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

Didn't they already?

How I feel about the NT?

We defend Israelā€™s right to have Jerusalem as its capital.

We respect The Pentateuch, and The Prophets.

We believe in Messiah.

And we want to see Messiah Bless Israel and all The Earth through Israel and want Godā€™s Peace to reign over all The Earth when Messiah Comes

Thank You for listing all the things we can agree upon.
I'm sure there're even more. We just don't try to convert each other, focus on Hashem not on ourselves and everything is good.

I'm sure there're even more. We just don't try to convert each other, focus on Hashem not on ourselves and everything is good.
I wonā€™t try to convert you. I only want to talk about Messiah and hear how Hebrews see Messiah.

If ever there is a conversion to happen there is enough in The Old Books for that if one sought it out.

But even Jesus said if you believed in Him you would be saved. So whether you believe Messiah has come once and is coming again or whether you still await Messiah to come....donā€™t we both believe in Messiah still?

Maybe we donā€™t think about Him the same ways. Maybe for some...like a Christian May think, Messiah came to fulfill some of the prophecies. Or like a Jew thinks, Messiah will do all of that in the future.

We still base our belief in Messiah and Yahweh from The Old Testament and The Prophets.

If I could simplify it, Iā€™d say Christians believe that Messiah came once as Messiah Bin Joseph and is coming as Messiah Bin David again.

Jews, as I understand it, believe that Messiah is coming as Messiah Bin David.

So either way Messiah comes and we believe Messiah comes.

And I think Yahweh honors that belief.

The discussion would certainly fit the religion forum,
but then it would loose all relevance to real heart beating life.
I prefer the Jungian approach of framing cultures in archtypes of their mythology, ideals and dreams. This is a more relevant approach for modern lexicon when discussing current politics. And indeed makes a lot of sense when trying to understand international relationships and attitudes towards a region so symbolically significant and attached to religion.

This same approach fits with the indigenous discussion as well,
as was built exactly on research in this field.

I wonā€™t try to convert you. I only want to talk about Messiah and hear how Hebrews see Messiah.

If ever there is a conversion to happen there is enough in The Old Books for that if one sought it out.

But even Jesus said if you believed in Him you would be saved. So whether you believe Messiah has come once and is coming again or whether you still await Messiah to come....donā€™t we both believe in Messiah still?

Maybe we donā€™t think about Him the same ways. Maybe for some...like a Christian May think, Messiah came to fulfill some of the prophecies. Or like a Jew thinks, Messiah will do all of that in the future.

We still base our belief in Messiah and Yahweh from The Old Testament and The Prophets.

If I could simplify it, Iā€™d say Christians believe that Messiah came once as Messiah Bin Joseph and is coming as Messiah Bin David again.

Jews, as I understand it, believe that Messiah is coming as Messiah Bin David.

So either way Messiah comes and we believe Messiah comes.

And I think Yahweh honors that belief.

Let me think of an appropriate answer, while we see how the thread evolves with the other participants after we've reached a real peaceful agreement.

May You be blessed as You bless the nation of Israel.

RE: The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

That would be wrong. While there were units of the British Expeditionary Forces in play, the surrender of the remaining Ottoman/Turkish Forces did not occur until the Armistice of Mudros (30 October 1918).

Britain occupied Palestine in 1917. The name of the occupation changed, but Palestine remained under British military occupation until 1948.

Obviously, you did not read the Posting #2548 where I explained and brought forth documentation of information contrary to your position. You even asked how did that address your posting.

(COMMENT)

A few months after the San Remo Convention (April 1920) the Allied Powers transitioned the holding under the Occupied Enemy Territory Administration (OETA) (1918 ā†’ 1920) over much or the Levant (included all of the Eastern Mediterranean) ā†’ and the subdivisions which we are concerned with here (Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip). And the OETA relinquished the British portion of the OETA in June 1920 to the "Interim Civil Administration." By definition, on the handover of the OETA to the Civil Administration, the Occupation ended no longer being under the authority of the hostile army (Article 42, Hague Regulation of 1907).

The last sentence in Section II of the First Annual Report (supra) reads: "Such was the economic condition of the country, and such was the political atmosphere, when on July 1st, 1920, by order of His Majesty's Government a Civil Administration was established in Palestine." While there were military forces in the Territory, they were there to support Civil Administration, not to establish a Military Governorship.

I have often noticed that pro-Palestinians, not unlike yourself, make this claim that they were under Hague Regulation Occupation for the entirety of the period under Mandate. But as you can see ā†’ this is misinformation and fact manipulation ā†’ easily challenged, as demonstrated in Posting #2548.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
This thread is being set up to prevent our second most common thread derailment (after the Mandate) - please discuss the ancient history of the peoples in the Palestine area here.

Both the Jews and Philistines (i.e. Palestinians) have lived in Israel for thousands years according to the Bible.

Also, according to the Bible, the Jewish People were deeded the Holy Land as "God's Chosen People." The Torah predates Muhammad and Islam by several thousand years. If Muslims want their religion and their beliefs respected then they must respect the Jewish and Christian faiths. You cannot have it both ways.

Israel is Jewish land according to the Torah. The question for Muslims: Will you respect Jewish faith and beliefs?

This thread is being set up to prevent our second most common thread derailment (after the Mandate) - please discuss the ancient history of the peoples in the Palestine area here.

Both the Jews and Philistines (i.e. Palestinians) have lived in Israel for thousands years according to the Bible.

Also, according to the Bible, the Jewish People were deeded the Holy Land as "God's Chosen People." The Torah predates Muhammad and Islam by several thousand years. If Muslims want their religion and their beliefs respected then they must respect the Jewish and Christian faiths. You cannot have it both ways.

Israel is Jewish land according to the Torah. The question for Muslims: Will you respect Jewish faith and beliefs?
Please, the Philistines were invaders from Greece who created an Empire in the area of Gaza.

The Palestinians are Arabs, from Arabia.

Pro or Con, let us please get the identity of the players correct.

Because the Arabs would love for everyone to believe that they have been in Ancient Canaan for "thousands of years" when it wasn't even their ancestors but the Kurdish Muslims who were the first to invade the Land of Israel/region of Palestine in the 7th Century.

Islam does not allow for Muslims to "respect" the Jews. Especially as free people. The Jews must never be sovereign over any Muslims.

Which is why so many Muslims will lie, and lie, and destroy and destroy any and all Jewish history and archeology they can find, and call themselves the natives of the land.

That would be wrong. While there were units of the British Expeditionary Forces in play, the surrender of the remaining Ottoman/Turkish Forces did not occur until the Armistice of Mudros (30 October 1918).

Britain occupied Palestine in 1917. The name of the occupation changed, but Palestine remained under British military occupation until 1948.

Obviously, you did not read the Posting #2548 where I explained and brought forth documentation of information contrary to your position. You even asked how did that address your posting.

(COMMENT)

A few months after the San Remo Convention (April 1920) the Allied Powers transitioned the holding under the Occupied Enemy Territory Administration (OETA) (1918 ā†’ 1920) over much or the Levant (included all of the Eastern Mediterranean) ā†’ and the subdivisions which we are concerned with here (Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip). And the OETA relinquished the British portion of the OETA in June 1920 to the "Interim Civil Administration." By definition, on the handover of the OETA to the Civil Administration, the Occupation ended no longer being under the authority of the hostile army (Article 42, Hague Regulation of 1907).

The last sentence in Section II of the First Annual Report (supra) reads: "Such was the economic condition of the country, and such was the political atmosphere, when on July 1st, 1920, by order of His Majesty's Government a Civil Administration was established in Palestine." While there were military forces in the Territory, they were there to support Civil Administration, not to establish a Military Governorship.

I have often noticed that pro-Palestinians, not unlike yourself, make this claim that they were under Hague Regulation Occupation for the entirety of the period under Mandate. But as you can see ā†’ this is misinformation and fact manipulation ā†’ easily challenged, as demonstrated in Posting #2548.

Most Respectfully,
R
I have often noticed that pro-Palestinians, not unlike yourself, make this claim that they were under Hague Regulation Occupation for the entirety of the period under Mandate.
Unlike when Britain established its Mandate in Transjordan, when it withdrew its troops leaving behind a handful of advisors, Britain maintained its military forces in its Mandate for Palestine. Why would Britain need military forces to render administrative assistance and advice as prescribed in the LoN covenant?

Any time the Palestinians moved to self determination, Britain smashed the movement with its military. Every unpopular law or policy was imposed at the point of a gun.

Britain did not withdraw its military until 1948.

Military occupation?

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I have often noticed that pro-Palestinians, not unlike yourself, make this claim that they were under Hague Regulation Occupation for the entirety of the period under Mandate.
Unlike when Britain established its Mandate in Transjordan, when it withdrew its troops leaving behind a handful of advisors, Britain maintained its military forces in its Mandate for Palestine. Why would Britain need military forces to render administrative assistance and advice as prescribed in the LoN covenant?

Any time the Palestinians moved to self determination, Britain smashed the movement with its military. Every unpopular law or policy was imposed at the point of a gun.

Military occupation?

What does any of that circular back and forth
has to do with the theme of the thread?

Please, the Philistines were invaders from Greece who created an Empire in the area of Gaza.

The Palestinians are Arabs, from Arabia.

Pro or Con, let us please get the identity of the players correct.

Because the Arabs would love for everyone to believe that they have been in Ancient Canaan for "thousands of years" when it wasn't even their ancestors but the Kurdish Muslims who were the first to invade the Land of Israel/region of Palestine in the 7th Century.

Islam does not allow for Muslims to "respect" the Jews. Especially as free people. The Jews must never be sovereign over any Muslims.

Which is why so many Muslims will lie, and lie, and destroy and destroy any and all Jewish history and archeology they can find, and call themselves the natives of the land.

You know what confuses people?
Arabs repeatedly use the term to mean 'only Arabs', and it works.
While we say "Palestinians are Arabians", playing into their hand,
instead of using the term as defined in the indigenous language.

In the indigenous language, the root of the word 'Palestinians' is invaders.

Last edited:

I don't think you understand the difference between a "Military Presence" and a "Military Occupation."

Military occupation?
(COMMENT)

At the conclusion of WWII and the surrender by the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (May 1945), the US maintained a Military Occupation Force in Central Germany and Bavaria until General Treaty (May 1952). The General Treaty formally ended Germany's status as an occupied territory and recognized its rights of a sovereign state (Federal Republic of Germany). The US Military Presence (V Corps and VII Corps, with USAF Support) remained, gradually diminishing over time. Today there is still more than 35,000 US military Personnel assigned in Germany, even after the reunification in 1990. This is not a "military occupation" but rather an overseas military presence that responds to the ever-evolving international security environment with a view on how the American foreign policy shapes its future role in the world.

The mere physical presence of a military force operating in support of American diplomatic efforts and
civil requirements ā†’ helping to ensure the protection of all interested parties under customary and conventional international law ā†’ is not the same thing as an "occupation."

The deployment of British Forces in support of the Civil Administration of the international Mandate was done so to further Article 22 objectives ā†’ even in the face of Arab Palestinian opposition that turned to violence.

Unlike when Britain established its Mandate in Transjordan when it withdrew its troops leaving behind a handful of advisors, Britain maintained its military forces in its Mandate for Palestine. Why would Britain need military forces to render administrative assistance and advice as prescribed in the LoN covenant?

Any time the Palestinians moved to self-determination, Britain smashed the movement with its military. Every unpopular law or policy was imposed at the point of a gun.
(COMMENT)

The Hashemite Royal Family had demonstrated the ability to productively form a government and establish a civil administration. This was something that the Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River were unable to accomplish. And further, the Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River demonstrated, over and over again, the unwillingness to cooperate in the accomplishment of Article 22 (LoN Covenant), instead of ā†’ demonstrating a propensity for violence and criminal activity; not unlike the ā†’ Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River of today.

Attempts to enjoin the Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River and create Self-Governing Institutions, in the early years of the Mandate proved unsuccessful. With the development of organizations like the Palestinian Black Hand, the overall effect was ā†’ From 1922 until the end of the Mandate, the British High Commissioner governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials and supplemented by the gradually growing influence of the Jewish Agency. The Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River absolutely refused to participate in the development of self-governing institutions and instead Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River opted for ever-increasing violence. The purpose of such lawlessness and criminal acts was an attempt to intimidate the Civil Administration and compel the British Government to abandon the objectives of Article 22. The Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River exhibited no diplomatic skills but instead chose the path of ever-increasing escalation of criminal behaviors.

(EPILOG)

THUS THE NEED FOR MILITARY SUPPORT. It was true then and it is true even today. The British did NOT smash the Arab Movement towards self-determination. The Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River absolutely refused to participate in the development of self-governing institutions and instead Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River opted for ever-increasing violence.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Hashemite Royal Family had demonstrated the ability to productively form a government and establish a civil administration. This was something that the Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River were unable to accomplish.
Under the boot of Britain's military. You are ducking the question as usual.

Why would Britain need military forces to render administrative assistance and advice as prescribed in the LoN covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back