The Official College Football Thread

Gators have a tough game tomorrow in Tennessee. These SEC games are always a knuckle-clencher.

Go Gators!

Bummer!

I watched the East Carolina/North Carolina State game today.

East Carolina had the ball near the goal line, but went for it on 4th down instead of the field goal. Didn't get it.

It came back to bite them in the butt, the game went into overtime and NC State ended up winning.

Hope I didn't jinx them! :eek:

Gators molesting Tennessee 17-0.

We are the best college team because we have fans like these.

p1_sterger2.jpg

Gators - 30
Vols - 6

Thumped in their crib.

Next on the axing list...Mississippi.

r7e2q09sw3hdlvfbetu3.gif

Please, for the love of God, have them injure everyone at Ole Miss. My dad and step-mom are coming up for the Ole Miss game against Arkansas this year, and they're both Ole Miss fans. I have to keep hearing them talk about how great Houston Nutt is, so I really, REALLY can't have Ole Miss beating us. :(

So here's my newflash for the day. I was reading about the upcoming Arkansas vs. Alabama game, and I found out that Arkansas leads the SEC in passing offense (and is 10th in the nation).

Yes, I know it's only after two games. But Arkansas has never lead in passing offense, EVER. It's pretty amazing that Casey Dick came out firing the way he did this year, and it goes to show how fucking horrible Houston Nutt is. He'd look even more amazing if we had experienced receivers, but I'll take what we can get.

Unfortunately, I fear that Alabama is going to decimate us. Our defense is horrible, and their defense is top-notch. It's going to be a sad day, but maybe Dick can get another 200-300 yards in the air. I'd be happy with that.

We came, we rolled, we thumped that ass!

We came, we rolled, we thumped that ass!

When we're in our third year with Petrino, we'll see how the rematch goes. :) Next year you'll probably win again, but probably not as easily. By 2010, we should see the real effect Petrino will have.

Also, Dick got another 190 yards. Putting him at 831 yards total. In three games, he's almost matched what he did all of last season.

I almost ran him over in a crosswalk today....that would have sucked.

I think the best thing to come from this season is that our receivers are getting a LOT of good practice, in practice and in game. Next year, our passing game should be pretty impressive with Mallet and some experienced receivers.

Last edited:
We Sooners have cute fans, too. (guess if I were a guy, I wouldn't feel so weird putting this up but oh well)

GoSooners.jpg

boomersooner-logo.gif

My allegiances are in my signature (USC Trojans and UT Vols for anyone who has sigs turned off). While I would love to see Tennessee beat UGA this weekend, there's no way it will happen. We make to many mistakes to beat much of anyone.

Now my trojans on the other hand seemed to rebound after the loss to Oregon State (that was a rough week for my cell phone with all of the trash talk texts I got after the game), but Sanchez got dinged up again. We really can't afford to lose him. Getting Maualuga back should help as well.

Forum List

Back