The Official College Football Thread

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Let's talk about our favorite college football teams.

I am a graduate of Indiana University and a life long IU fan. Our football team went to a bowl game last year for the first time in a long time. Our coach died of brain cancer at the beginning of the season last year, so the entire season was dedicated to him.

This year looks promising for my Hoosiers, too bad we have to play Wisconson and Iowa....:mad:

I see another victory today for IU against that powerhouse Murrary State! :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
GO GATORS!!!!!

Last week it was 'Deliverance on turf' for Hawaii. This week we're going to beat Miami like a prison ho.

GO GATORS!!!!!

Last week it was 'Deliverance on turf' for Hawaii. This week we're going to beat Miami like a prison ho.

Well yeah, Hawaii doesn't have "COLT" Brennan anymore.....what a great name for a quarterback!

I do kinda like the gators, and have NEVER liked Miami.

One of the greatest college football games I ever watched was when Ohio $tate beat Miami in the final seconds for the National Championship in football.

I know your Gators OWN O$U though...............

Well yeah, Hawaii doesn't have "COLT" Brennan anymore.....what a great name for a quarterback!

I do kinda like the gators, and have NEVER liked Miami.

One of the greatest college football games I ever watched was when Ohio $tate beat Miami in the final seconds for the National Championship in football.

I know your Gators OWN O$U though...............

You must have missed the Longhorns beating USC in the final minute for the national championship then.

You must have missed the Longhorns beating USC in the final minute for the national championship then.

Oh, I watched that game. I'm a college football/basketball junkie! I fell in love with Vince Young after that game, but his head seems to have grown to big for his body since then.........

That was ANOTHER great game, but remember, I come from BIG 10 Country.

Oh, I watched that game. I'm a college football/basketball junkie! I fell in love with Vince Young after that game, but his head seems to have grown to big for his body since then.........

That was ANOTHER great game, but remember, I come from BIG 10 Country.

I'm a closet big 10 fan but the Gophers aren't really a team people wanna admit to cheering for ! :lol:

ya--vince is vince but his effort in that game was unreal.

OU v Boise State was one of the most unbelievable games ever (don't want to hear anything about it not counting either.)

OU v Boise State was one of the most unbelievable games ever (don't want to hear anything about it not counting either.)

Oh yeah, that one goes right up there in the College Football Hall of Fame!

That's why I love college football so much, so many exciting games!

I LOVE this time of year! Cool fall days, off work for 2 days, college football on Saturday and Pro on Sunday, it's a girls dream come true!

How about East Carolina? 2 big upsets in a row! First they upset #17 Virginia Tech and today the shocked #8 West Virginia.

Nice.

I almost pissed myself listening to the Arkansas game. Having to come back from 13 down to rally against fucking Louisiana-Monroe...AT HOME. Wow. It was a great game to listen to, and from my friends who were there, it was fun to watch. But I'd rather have nailbiters against conference teams, or teams like Texas (who's going to murder us next week), not against teams that we have to pay to play us.

UDub got screwed against BYU. The officials that called that penalty were a disgrace to the game.

UDub got screwed against BYU. The officials that called that penalty were a disgrace to the game.

Washington absolutely got screwed over. That was a bullcrap call by the ref. I understand technically they made have been right but...

- The call itself was very questionable. He spiked the ball, turned immediately, jumped up and body-bumped a teammate and walked off the field. They flagged him for spiking the ball too hard. Bullshit.

- You have to look at the spirit of the rule. What he did was not wrong by any stretch of the imagination.

Washington absolutely got screwed over. That was a bullcrap call by the ref. I understand technically they made have been right but...

- The call itself was very questionable. He spiked the ball, turned immediately, jumped up and body-bumped a teammate and walked off the field. They flagged him for spiking the ball too hard. Bullshit.

- You have to look at the spirit of the rule. What he did was not wrong by any stretch of the imagination.
I don't think he spiked it, he flipped it over his shoulder into the air. 2 seconds left and the refs took the game out of UW's hands. Inexcusable.

SOONER Fanatic here. You won't catch me making excuses for games we've blown, nor will you see me ever not being PROUD of my team. I'll just get the obligatory statements out of the way in this first post:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Switzer blah blah, Dvorachek blah blah, Granger blah blah, Bomar blah blah, Broyles blah blah, Seven NC rings blah blah, 47 straight blah blah, Pac10 refs and Ducks blah blah, Colorado and Tech blah blah, Gundy's a man he's forty blah blah, hell no our D didn't intentionally break Gratza's leg...blah blah. :eusa_boohoo: Add your own, be my guest.

Sooooo - Boise State played a helluva game. They finished the challenge, we fell short. It was one of the most exciting games I've ever witnessed. And Jeebus, a five-year old could have predicted our offensive plays against Boise (AND West Virginia, for that matter). I kept screaming,
"OHPLEASEFORTHELOVEOFCHRISTDONTRUNITUPTHEMIDDLEAGAIN!!!" :mad:
I KNOW both Stoops AND Venables are smarter than that; I just can't understand what we were doing. Egad.
:cuckoo:

I rooted for Texas against USC in '05. Doesn't happen often, but they deserved my support that season. Not likely to happen anytime again soon. :D Mack's a good coach, and he recruits five-star talent perennially. But I'm genetically disposed to throw the "Horns Down" handsign every RRS.

USC? Yes, we got our azzes handed to us in 2004, no doubt about it. The minute our team took the field, I watched their faces and thought, "Uh-oh." I just didn't see the focus we needed. USC is another team that's consistently very talented and has a great coach. Still, here's the obligatory raspberry *ppppfffffllllllbbbb*.

This season we have a very talented QB and an offense to die for. I'm watching the D closely. I'm hoping our D coaches don't try the same tired, predictable plays that hobbled us the last two years. :eusa_pray: We have the talent at almost every position to shoot for the NC this year. We need to dominate on both sides of the ball and finish every game. "Almost won" is a mantra regurgitated by bright-orange-wearing 'pokes. :cool:

Guess I'll have to make a few more posts before I can add photos. Until then, imagine a picture of "BOOMER SOONER" inserted here {}.

P.S. Poor Washington, that sure was painful. Three seconds of celebration doesn't warrant such penalization IMO. Sooner fans will tell ya though that the more points you have on the board, the less chance that one bad call will decide the game. We do feel your pain, however. *snort*

It's always easier for me when the Vols play the Commodores. Both Tennessee teams.

PRO BALL NEWS:

Titans beat Jacksonville!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So here's my newflash for the day. I was reading about the upcoming Arkansas vs. Alabama game, and I found out that Arkansas leads the SEC in passing offense (and is 10th in the nation).

Yes, I know it's only after two games. But Arkansas has never lead in passing offense, EVER. It's pretty amazing that Casey Dick came out firing the way he did this year, and it goes to show how fucking horrible Houston Nutt is. He'd look even more amazing if we had experienced receivers, but I'll take what we can get.

Unfortunately, I fear that Alabama is going to decimate us. Our defense is horrible, and their defense is top-notch. It's going to be a sad day, but maybe Dick can get another 200-300 yards in the air. I'd be happy with that.

Forum List

Back