The Offical COLTS vs. pats Thread

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Hey, I know it's only noon, but it's not too early to start talking about the game of the season so far.

Good vs. Evil

The Colts play at home, the Pacers beat the Celtics last night in Indy, and now the Colts will beat the Pats in Indy tonight to make it a SWEEP of Indy teams pwn'ing all the losers from New England.

just imagine turtle has echo and a colts fan!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztDFRpWkR0]YouTube - Tom Brady - Entourage - Fore! (Season 6 Episode 5)[/ame]

Colts-Patriots rivalry renewal has familiar look - WTHR |

When these teams last met 54 weeks ago, Brady was recuperating from knee surgery and Manning was just rounding into MVP form with the Colts an uncharacteristic 3-4.

Indy won 18-15, a victory that started a nine-game winning streak and sent it back to the playoffs. The Colts (8-0) haven't lost a regular-season game since, 17 straight, leaving them one short of the second-longest winning streak in league history.

The Patriots? Well, after losing last season in Indy, they went 6-2, missed the playoffs and opened this season 3-2. Three straight wins give New England a 6-2 mark, though it still trails the Colts by two games in the chase for the conference's top seed.

"With them being 8-0 right now, it makes it tough if we get behind them with a loss here," Brady said. "There are obviously a lot of things that can happen, and the playoffs are a long ways away, but anytime you play the teams that you know are going to be playoff contenders ... you know, that was our problem last year, why we didn't get into the playoffs. We finished 11-5, but we didn't beat any of the playoff teams."

my money's on indy. manning > brady

:eusa_snooty: Brady > Manning

Surely, we said, with another year of evidence behind us, people will now realize that Brady is the better quarterback. The Cold, Hard Football Facts could not be so clear and obvious.

The “pundits” however, seem flummoxed and flustered when faced by the awesome power of the Cold, Hard Football Facts, choosing instead to place the full weight of their beliefs on the rickety old rotted wood posts of opinion. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, they’ve insisted throughout the 2005 offseason that Manning is the better QB. In fact, every major profile, preview and “pundit” has named Manning the best quarterback in football.

We’re at a loss to explain their stupidity. We can’t understand how they so quickly seem to have forgotten about the 2004 playoffs – or every other playoff season for the past several years. We simply don’t know why they’re so impressed with Manning’s play in the halcyon days of October, yet choose to ignore his meltdowns in the pressure-packed evenings of wintry playoff football.

So, we come here to do what we always do: We carve up the cancerous opinions of the “pundits” with a scalpel of gridiron wisdom called the Cold, Hard Football Facts. It’s all here for you to read, admire, praise and worship in “The Complete & Unabridged Guide to Why Tom Brady is Better than Peyton Manning, Vol. II” – updated with complete 2004 regular-season and postseason data.

Peyton Manning is a great player – a certain Hall of Famer – who puts up some nifty numbers. We have never disputed his greatness. What we have disputed are his merits relative to Tom Brady’s. Manning fans insist that his gaudy stats of the past two seasons are a sign of his superiority.

But there is far more to quarterbacking than surrounding yourself with hall-of-fame talent and tossing a record number of touchdown passes.

Every time we look at Tom Brady, meanwhile, we find ourselves discussing his accomplishments in the most remarkable historic terms: youngest QB to win one, two or three Super Bowls, engineer of the longest win streak in NFL history, leader of the only walk-off scoring drive in Super Bowl history, owner of the best winning percentage by a QB in modern NFL history and best overtime record in NFL history, and one of just four players to boast multiple Super Bowl MVP awards.

And for those “pundits” and Manning fans who are sticklers for pure stats, well, you’re in for quite a surprise when you see what Brady has done. Brady boasts the seventh best passer rating in NFL history, better than Marino, Favre, McNabb and many of the other modern-era QBs mentioned among the all-time greats. He’s done it all without a single offensive player by his side who’s been voted to the Pro Bowl. No quarterback in NFL history has posted stats that compare to Brady’s without a bevy of Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers surrounding them.

Wipe away the dusty layer of incredulity that seems to mar Brady’s career in certain circles, especially among the “pundits,” and you’re left staring at a sparkling diamond of unmatched brilliance. You’re left staring, in other words, at the best quarterback in football today. Here’s why Brady’s better than every “pundit’s” choice for the honors, Peyton Manning.

Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: Brady vs. Manning: Complete & Unabridged, Vol. II

my money's on indy. manning > brady

:eusa_snooty: Brady > Manning

lol at trying to empirically prove my opinion is wrong with a blog post from 2004.

:lol:

Not trying to prove your opinion wrong, just pointing you to some quick facts in support of MY humble opinion. I believe 2004 was Volume I...they've since released Volume II :D

Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: Brady vs. Manning: Complete & Unabridged, Vol. II

This game is history in the making, which is very cool!

Last edited:
:lol:

Not trying to prove your opinion wrong, just pointing you to some quick facts in support of MY humble opinion. I believe 2004 was Volume I...they've since released Volume II :D

This game is history in the making, which is very cool!

the annotated update is from the first half of the 2005 season.

regardless, i am still of the belief that peyton is the better QB

i do like belichick a lot though

Last edited:

Forum List

Back