The Occult...ooooooo

I've been ghosthunting... and am due to go again in a couple of weeks. I've seen some weird shit that I cannot explain.

Ditto... done a fair amount of ghost hunting myself and have video evidence as well as EVP's that would curl your toes.

Nope. It wouldn't.

Then either you'd think they were fake, or you simply refuse to accept the paranormal exists.

Either way, matters not to me. I know where and how I acquired them, and I know they're as real as I am sitting here typing this.

One example, my son and his wife lived in an old hotel apartment that I lived in many years prior. But, since the time when I lived there twenty years before TWO people had DIED IN that apartment, not to mention others that had died in other apartments in that old hotel. Both were alcoholics, and I knew them both, personally. Kind of happens when you live in a really small town like this. But my DIL is fairly sensitive to the paranormal and she thought she felt some presence in the apartment, so one night we did an EVP session with my Olympus VS-500M digital voice recorder. We got three class A EVP's that sounded exactly like both of the deceased giving direct answers to questions. We didn't hear the responses with our own ears, but they were plain as day when the digital recorder was played back on the computer through the stereo. The most compelling response was I was telling them to "go into the light," trying to get them to leave the apartment, and one response to me telling them that was, "there is no light."

Believe it or not... but it's real, and I have hard proof. I also have several different segments of video of apparitions. You go looking for it with the right equipment, you will find it. Spirits are real, and they're all around us. Whether you want to interact with them or admit they're there or not is up to you, but they ARE there.

Last edited:
I like to think of myself as a pragmatist, but I'm still drawn on the whole paranormal thing. Like I wrote on Foxfyre's thread discussing the paranormal a while ago, I was contracted to demolish a section of an old people's home/hospital. They only wanted one wing of the building to be pulled down, with the remaining structure left intact. The problem was that there was a pipe carrying oxygen through the wing I was contracted to pull down that had to remain undisturbed. It was a simple case of mapping the route the pipe took. I mapped the pipe's course late one evening after my machines had been locked-up; I didn't want any noise as I was talking into a voice recorder. I sat down for a cigarette and played the tape over. I was about to stop the tape when I heard a voice that wasn't my own shouting: "Shut up. Go away." I played it over several times to check I wasn't hearing things, and called out over the walkie-talkie to check if anyone was nearby. They weren't, and the remaining walkie-talkies had long since been put on to charge by everyone else, except mine. I knew that many patients had passed away in the room I'd ben standing in, and I've never forgetten it. Though I've never lost sleep over it, as I've never thought of ghosts as evil, just lost.

Ditto... done a fair amount of ghost hunting myself and have video evidence as well as EVP's that would curl your toes.

Nope. It wouldn't.

Then either you'd think they were fake, or you simply refuse to accept the paranormal exists.

Either way, matters not to me. I know where and how I acquired them, and I know they're as real as I am sitting here typing this.

One example, my son and his wife lived in an old hotel apartment that I lived in many years prior. But, since the time when I lived there twenty years before TWO people had DIED IN that apartment, not to mention others that had died in other apartments in that old hotel. Both were alcoholics, and I knew them both, personally. Kind of happens when you live in a really small town like this. But my DIL is fairly sensitive to the paranormal and she thought she felt some presence in the apartment, so one night we did an EVP session with my Olympus VS-500M digital voice recorder. We got three class A EVP's that sounded exactly like both of the deceased giving direct answers to questions. We didn't hear the responses with our own ears, but they were plain as day when the digital recorder was played back on the computer through the stereo. The most compelling response was I was telling them to "go into the light," trying to get them to leave the apartment, and one response to me telling them that was, "there is no light."

Believe it or not... but it's real, and I have hard proof. I also have several different segments of video of apparitions. You go looking for it with the right equipment, you will find it. Spirits are real, and they're all around us. Whether you want to interact with them or admit they're there or not is up to you, but they ARE there.

You're seeing demons, not spirits. You see them because you invite them. You probably have ones that stay with you all the time.

I've lived in very old houses that have had many people pass, and in fact lived on a property that had a very old graveyard with lots of graves, including graves of children, people who had died violently, and people who died in Indian attack. I have stayed in places where people were shot and killed. I don't see demons because I reject them out of hand.

My brother, however, saw what he thought were spirits in the graveyard. He saw them because he's one of many who reject God but are willing to accept other forms of being..and demons take that as an invitation.

Nope. It wouldn't.

You're seeing demons, not spirits. You see them because you invite them. You probably have ones that stay with you all the time.
No, sorry. I've never seen a ghost with my own eyes, I don't invite them, they're not demons, and they don't stay with me all the time. They're just people that have passed away and for whatever reason, they're not moving on. They're spirit is stuck among the living and usually stays where their death occurred.

Although someone can encounter a darker spirit, it's usually just a person that was unhappy in life so they're unhappy in death.

Demons are actually very rare. You find this everywhere you look within the studies of the paranormal....

Demonic Haunts-
A TRUE demonic haunt is a rare phenomenon and can only officially be documented by clergy. However extensive study in demonology is a key factor in giving a real diagnosis of a demonic haunt.

Hauntings

Demon:
While not all ghost hunters and parapsychologists agree, some of them do believe in the existance of demons. These creatures are not like human spirits because they never were human. If a demon is encountered, anything can happen. At low levels, it may seem like a poltergist, but when it escalates, it can go far beyond what a poltergist is capable of. At a peak of power, the demon can affect anything. For exmaple, chairs may begin to walk around on their own accord. A demon is not as easily rid of as a poltergist because it is a free-willed entity, will not go away by giving the afflicted counseling, and it is not tied to a specific place or person, but has free roam as it pleases. It is exceedingly rare to encounter a demon, and some ghost hunters believe that they are just powerful human spirits or poltergists.

Phantom Paranormal Investigation

Last edited:
Sorry, you're wrong. You see what you expect to see, but that doesn't mean that's what they are. You're being duped, to the purpose of lessening faith.

Sorry, you're wrong. You see what you expect to see, but that doesn't mean that's what they are. You're being duped, to the purpose of lessening faith.

Well, sorry, but you're wrong, and I'll leave it at that and let you wallow in your ignorance.

Yes, I'm ignorant because I don't believe in ghosts.

Lolololololol....cuz the most EDUCATED people know for sure that they exist!

I was involved in spiritualism for many years, I even sat in two psychic development circles myself.

But the bulk of my experience came from evidential messages, from many different mediums, in various churches up and down the country (England)

I one had a message from a dead brother, who told me his name, and the circumstances of his death.
I did not even know he existed until then, and I told the medium she was wrong. But when I went home and asked my mother about it she admitted she had a baby of the same name who died in the war.
My mother was not a spiritualist, and she had never told anyone about her baby, and she was shocked when I told her I had a message from him.

I had many other evidential messages over the years, mostly from my grandmother, but also from my grandfather, who told the medium the exact circumstances of his death.

Over a number of years of such evidence I came to the conclusion that the most likely explanation for getting such messages was that the mediums were doing what they said they were doing, and relating to me messages from my dead relatives.

To save you a lifetime of searching, here is the core teachings of the occult.

We are immortal beings that are a small part of God. We are sealed off from the God head by a bubble of energy which contains our immortal spirit. This bubble is called the soul, or causual body, and it is infinitely expandable. This means we are God within God.

We incarnate many thousands of times on many different planets during the course of our spiritual evolution. At the end of our cycle of incarnations we acheive a state of grace, or enlightenment.
After which our immortal spirit remembers all its past lives, and continues to progress in higher realms until finally merging back into the Godhead.

This is what I learned from 50 years of practical occultism. But you can disregard it if you want.

Nope. It wouldn't.

That's because there is zero evidence for it. If you think you have evidence of it, I know an organization that will pay you one million dollars. Seriously.

If you want to hear or see a ghost badly enough, you will see or hear one. This does not mean you are attuned to the paranormal, it means you have a low threshold of credulousness and lack critical thinking.

If you want to believe a psychic is real, you will swallow everything they say whole and rearrange your memories or the facts until they fit your belief system.

It just does not enter the minds of the gullible they are fooling themselves and rewarding their predators.

The desire to believe ignores a great many contrary facts, leaps to wild conclusions in an information vacuum, and leads to delusions. This explains a lot about politics as well as the occult. :)

Last edited:
Nope. It wouldn't.

That's because there is zero evidence for it. If you think you have evidence of it, I know an organization that will pay you one million dollars. Seriously.

If you want to hear or see a ghost badly enough, you will see or hear one. This does not mean you are attuned to the paranormal, it means you have a low threshold of credulousness and lack critical thinking.

If you want to believe a psychic is real, you will swallow everything they say whole and rearrange your memories or the facts until they fit your belief system.

It just does not enter the minds of the gullible they are fooling themselves and rewarding their predators.

The desire to believe ignores a great many contrary facts, leaps to wild conclusions in an information vacuum, and leads to delusions. This explains a lot about politics as well as the occult. :)

According to you there is zero evidence for the psychic. But just how much looking for evidence have you done? My guess is NONE. By contrast I have spent my lifetime searching for answers, and as I said in a recent post, I have had a lot of evidence of the survival of the spirits of my relatives.

Personally.. I avoid such things as tarot cards, Ouija Boards, saying phrases that could invite trouble to me but I'm just funny that way...I do like reading up on such things though..

---------------------------------:eusa_angel:

The Occult: Some
Definitions and Categories

The word "occult" means: "hidden from view; secret; mysterious..." (The Modern University Dictionary). It has been defined in the following ways:

1. secret, hidden except from those with more than ordinary knowledge. 2. involving the supernatural, occult powers. The occult [involves] the world of the supernatural, mystical or magical. (The Oxford American Dictionary).

"A person...who studies or practices any form of the "occult sciences" (such as divination, magick, mysticism, spiritualism, and so forth) is called an "occultist". (Gerina Dunwitch, A-Z of Wicca, p. 95).

---------------------------------:bowdown:

Although many occult groups do tend to share in common elements of secrecy and exclusivism among themselves, it is useful to understand that not all groups which may be classed as "occult" are the same. This article will therefore seek to briefly identify and examine some of the main occult groups in existence today and highlight some of their primary beliefs.

---------------------------------:disbelief:

Paganism - Contrary to popular belief, it must be stressed that Pagans do not worship the Devil*. Indeed, Pagans will normally throw their arms up in horror if a Christian accuses them of Devil worship. Pagans tend to be folk who have a leaning towards nature and seek to harness the power of nature through various magical rites. Some, who may have had nominal Christian upbringings, rather than a life changing experience with Christ, may have become disillusioned with 'established religion' and as a result, have seen Paganism, or Witchcraft, as an attractive alternative. Some of the Pagan groups in existence today include: Druids and Wiccans. Most groups tend to worship a female deity (the goddess) whereas some other male dominated paths will worship a male deity of some description. Wiccan's will normally class themselves as practicing 'white' witchcraft, and say that they do good. However, it must be stressed that white witchcraft can certainly lead a person down the slippery slope towards its black counterpart. The Bible does not draw a line between white or black witchcraft, but simply warns against practicing "witchcraft" (e.g. Deut. 18:9-14; Micha 5:12; Gal. 5:20).

---------------------------------:eusa_snooty:

Spiritualism (Spiritism) - The main practice, and attraction, for many people to the practice of Spiritualism, is the proffessed ability to contact the dead. Many Spiritualists are normally acting out of genuine motives, and feel that they are doing good by helping those who are grieving by putting them in touch with their departed loved ones. Again, as with Pagans, Spiritualists do not worship the Devil*. In fact, many Christians are surprised when they encounter spiritualists who proffess to be Christians themselves. This branch of Spiritualism labels itself "Christian" by meeting in a "Spiritualist Church", singing hymns at their meetings, and having such things as crosses and Bible's on display in the building. However, although some Spiritualist churches are covered in a veneer of Christian trappings, this does not make Spiritualism compatible with the Christian faith. On the contrary, the Bible explicitly forbids attempted contact with the dead (Deuteronomy 18:11). The Bible states that the dead do not have contact with the living (Luke 16:19-31), and that the messages which are meant to come from the dead are actually from deceiving spirit's who are familiar with the departed. Indeed, Isaiah 29:4 calls such a spirit a "familiar spirit" (KJV).

---------------------------------:dev2:

Satanism - It could well be said that Satanist's fall into three categories:

Dabbler

Theatrical

Professional

Typical of the dabbler Satanist is the the young white male who has become bitter against established religion and authority. Many will be into various rock band's and Gothic groups like Marilyn Manson and Cradle of Filth. This catergory of Satanist will openly confess his or her interest in Satanism with the intent to shock others. Some in this catergory will establish a group of others around themselves. This was the case with the teenage gang "The Trenchcoat Mafia", who held to a brand of Satanism, and sadly took the lives of many other teenagers in their school. However, more often than not, most of those who dabble in Satanism tend to be loners.

There's more at the link.. just sayin...:wink_2:

Definitions and Categories

Good for you, Lumpy! I definitely believe that tarot cards, ouija board, pendulum divination, horoscopes, all of that is of satan and I'd have nothing to do with it. I would not allow my children or grandchildren to go trick or treating or have any part with the satanic holiday of halloween. Why open the door to the occult?

With that, as a child I was not raised in a christian home and so trick or treating was the norm, we had no idea it was Satans high holy day and that human beings were being sacrificed to satan on altars - this is indeed part of the "hidden things" of the occult and when you see people vehemently denying that satanism exists there could very well be an agenda with that individual.

I find the workers of satan are often found on message boards and will use the religion threads, philosophy sites, political websites even - claim to be atheists who believe in neither God nor the Devil yet their assignment from their particular coven is to go to places such as these to destroy the faith of young christians, older christians who are struggling with some issue, etc. They are everywhere doing Satans work so in my opinion people should avoid reading the writings of those who mock God and challenge his existence.

Especially for those who don't know Christ as they are vulnerable to the satanic powers these satanists work with - due to their service for Satan many have been granted certain powers from him - they won't work on a Christian who is living holy but on someone who is not covered by the blood of Christ - they could be in harms way by having any contact with such people or reading their material. These people practice evil such as incantations to create death, illnesses, break up of marriages, destruction of every kind. Their main goal is attacking Christians, destroying their ministries, their marriages, their homes, but they go after the unbelievers as well. If they can find sin in the camp they can try to make an inroad that way. They are workers of evil. That is what they do. These are things Christians should be fasting and praying against, doing spiritual warfare against but some in the church are not aware that we are in a spiritual battle!

As I was updating my info on satanic holidays ( I pray against those as I ask God to destroy all of the works of Satan over peoples lives and use my own spiritual weapons ( Luke 10: 19 & Ephesians ) to ruin their plans of evil. Today is the high holy day for satanists - this is a link I did copy down the dates of these satanic holidays. As you can see from looking at it the practice of human sacrifice is done throughout the year. For anyone who is upset by reading such information - my advice would be you need not look at the link.

LIST OF SATANIC HOLIDAYS (SRA)

Last edited:
Nope. It wouldn't.

Of course the occult and satanism is real! So is the demonic. Google ex-satanists - youtube and see how many stories you'll find! Google - beware of the occult youtube and see what you find - or christian covert testimonies of being in the occult - the testimonies of thousands of people cannot be a fairy tale, G5000. I have met people who were born into satanic families before and do they have some horror stories! Wow. You should check out Johanna Michaelsons book "The beautiful side of evil" exposing the occult by stories of those who survived - or Rebecca Browns book, Prepare for War - and do not be surprised these people attack the credibility of all who expose them.. after all it is called the occult for a reason.. they like hiding! Here is a link to their high holy days. If you fear reading graphic information you shouldn't look. Nevertheless, satanism is real.

Of course the occult and satanism is real! So is the demonic. Google ex-satanists - youtube and see how many stories you'll find! Google - beware of the occult youtube and see what you find - or christian covert testimonies of being in the occult - the testimonies of thousands of people cannot be a fairy tale, G5000. I have met people who were born into satanic families before and do they have some horror stories! Wow. You should check out Johanna Michaelsons book "The beautiful side of evil" exposing the occult by stories of those who survived - or Rebecca Browns book, Prepare for War - and do not be surprised these people attack the credibility of all who expose them.. after all it is called the occult for a reason.. they like hiding! Here is a link to their high holy days. If you fear reading graphic information you shouldn't look. Nevertheless, satanism is real.

I know a lot of people BELIEVE in the occult. That does not make it real.

You are basically arguing that if a lot of people believed the moon was made of cheese, that would mean it was. The sad truth is that if you showed a moon rock to a cheeseist, they would dismiss it as a hoax and tell me to Google how many people believe the moon is made of cheese.

Credulous people have a very poor understanding of what evidence is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back