The obligations of non-Jews, per Judaism

us4israel

Rookie
Jul 15, 2008
BS"D

Incredibly, many people today are not aware of what Judaism has to say about what G-d expects of non-Jews. Torah Law as a whole applies to the Jewish people, but what about the rest of humanity? hasidicuniversity.org is a Web site in progress to present the religious obligations of non-Jews, according to Judaism. It's a big project, and the details are still being worked out. I'd be interested in any feedback or comments for discussion.

BS"D

Incredibly, many people today are not aware of what Judaism has to say about what G-d expects of non-Jews. Torah Law as a whole applies to the Jewish people, but what about the rest of humanity? hasidicuniversity.org is a Web site in progress to present the religious obligations of non-Jews, according to Judaism. It's a big project, and the details are still being worked out. I'd be interested in any feedback or comments for discussion.

Don't be telling me what to worship nor what obligations you think I have and I will be kind enough to offer you the same courtesy.

BS"D

Why would it seem incredible that non-Jews aren't aware of what Judeaism expects of them?

I went to the site, but found nothing on that topic to comment on.

Pretty nice web design, though, if that helps.

Why would it seem incredible that non-Jews aren't aware of what Judeaism expects of them?

Simply because Judaism as such is over 3300 years old, and the non-Jewish covenant of the Noahide Laws is much older than that. However, I suppose since the enemies of Israel have done everything in their power to make sure the message of Judaism does not reach the non-Jewish public, and most Jewish leaders in modern times have been lax in teaching non-Jews, perhaps it isn't so incredible.

I went to the site, but found nothing on that topic to comment on.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to comment here in this message board.

Pretty nice web design, though, if that helps.

It isn't my site, but I'm sure the Webmaster would appreciate knowing.

BS"D

Is that why jews hate gentiles? We're not obliging them properly ?

I don't care if they hate gentiles so long as they don't steal our planes and fly them into the Pentagon. To each his own.

I don't care if they hate gentiles so long as they don't steal our planes and fly them into the Pentagon. To each his own.

Agreed--the only place where jewish hatred seems to get violent is in the mideast but that of course is all justifiable hate.

It's like the freaking everready bunny........ same as people who hate blacks or mexicans or asians or anything else.

boy THATS not ironic as fuck... notice you didn't add muslims to your list.

boy THATS not ironic as fuck... notice you didn't add muslims to your list.

Except I don't hate muslims. You can make stuff up all you want honey.

I reserve my distaste for the ones who want to blow me and mine up. You know how it works. The rest I have no quarrel with.

How about you, honey? Come on... you know you hate any jew who won't die for Hamas.

Except I don't hate muslims. You can make stuff up all you want honey.

I reserve my distaste for the ones who want to blow me and mine up. You know how it works. The rest I have no quarrel with.

How about you, honey? Come on... you know you hate any jew who won't die for Hamas.

I'll challenge you in here like the other thread you are avoiding like a muslim PM in israel.. Quote me. My last GF was a jew, Jill. What I hate is the racism that you seem to think is validated my a martyr routine. I can quote you time and again if you'd like.

I'll challenge you in here like the other thread you are avoiding like a muslim PM in israel.. Quote me. My last GF was a jew, Jill. What I hate is the racism that you seem to think is validated my a martyr routine. I can quote you time and again if you'd like.

sure baby....

I know, some of your best friends are.....

Simply because Judaism as such is over 3300 years old, and the non-Jewish covenant of the Noahide Laws is much older than that. However, I suppose since the enemies of Israel have done everything in their power to make sure the message of Judaism does not reach the non-Jewish public, and most Jewish leaders in modern times have been lax in teaching non-Jews, perhaps it isn't so incredible.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to comment here in this message board.

It isn't my site, but I'm sure the Webmaster would appreciate knowing.

I'm still a tad confused.

Why would gentiles have any religious obligations to Jews?

Human obligations, that I get, but religious?

Other than allowing Jews (and everyone else) to practice their religion as they see fit, what are you talking about?

And even that tolerance obligation is only within reason,too

I feel no religious obligation to anyone who decided that my children are to be throw into a volcano to appease somebody's God, for example.

You're going to have to TELL us what you think these obligations are, and I would appreciate it if you also used the Torah and commentaries to make your case that these obligations are in fact part of the Hebrewic canon, too.

I'm still a tad confused.

Why would gentiles have any religious obligations to Jews?

Human obligations, that I get, but religious?

Other than allowing Jews (and everyone else) to practice their religion as they see fit, what are you talking about?

And even that tolerance obligation is only within reason,too

I feel no religious obligation to anyone who decided that my children are to be throw into a volcano to appease somebody's God, for example.

You're going to have to TELL us what you think these obligations are, and I would appreciate it if you also used the Torah and commentaries to make your case that these obligations are in fact part of the Hebrewic canon, too.

Not owed to Jews... owed to G-d.

That whole noahide thing is silly. Jews believe that Gentiles aren't bound to observe Jewish laws. Fair enough so far, right? Noah got saved from the flood even though he was a gentile because he was a righteous man and lived by the 10 commandments. That's all the Noahide laws are -- the 10 commandments. Unfortunately, it's been used like the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion to foster anti-semitism.

Sad, really.

sure baby....

I know, some of your best friends are.....

doesnt matter if you believe me or not.. just as it doesnt matter if you think im an antisemite. Your standard zionist response doesn't impress me now, then or ever.

BS"D

Not owed to Jews... owed to G-d.

...Noah got saved from the flood even though he was a gentile because he was a righteous man and lived by the 10 commandments. That's all the Noahide laws are -- the 10 commandments....

Your statement "Not owed to Jews... owed to G-d" is correct (although as part of their obligations to G-d, gentiles must in many ways support the proper, Torah-mandated religious activities of the Jewish people, financially and otherwise--more on this at hasidicuniversity.org).

Your other claims are incorrect.

First, the more technical fact of the matter: Noah lived according to the Seven Noahide Laws that bear his name, not the Ten Commandments, which were not in effect at that time for anyone. (Until Noah's time there were six laws, established with Adam; at the time of the re-establishment of the covenant with Noah, G-d added a seventh: not to eat the "limb of a living animal," which was not relevant until then.)

Furthermore, the Seven Noahide Laws, while in detail encompassing many of the 613 Jewish commandments (which are organized into ten categories, often referred to simply as the "Ten Commandments"), have as their foundation a very different basis for their existence than do the Jewish laws. The differing theoretical foundations for the Noahide Laws and for the Jewish commandments can be understood properly only through Hasidus--the spiritual, mystical philosophy that forms the core inner dimension of the Torah. Thus the many thousands of halachos (legal obligations) apply in many ways very differently to gentiles than to Jews.

This is the purpose of the new Web site I mentioned, hasidicuniversity.org. A work in progress, it serves to demystify and fully present to the extent currently possible the entire suite of gentile obligations to G-d as revealed through His Torah. One who follows these laws because they are G-d's revealed will for non-Jews is referred to as a "Hasidic Gentile" (Rambam, Mishneh Torah, Hilchos Melachim Ch. 8) and merits a share in the World to Come.

When you visit hasidicuniversity.org, be sure to see the idolatry section. The priesthoods of false religions have gone out of their way to confuse in people's minds exactly what constitutes idolatry, a very serious sin that one must understand thoroughly in order to avoid.

Forum List

Back