The Obesity Pandemic

It really doesn't matter who is putting Twinkies in my cart. I'm in great shape. Unfortunately, there are tens of millions of fat asses out there who apparently are not capable of making good decisions about their own health. While we cannot force change on them, there are ways to make it easier for them to make better choices. I would think that you were smarter than that and had a better understanding of the fact that unhealthy people cost us all in higher medical costs and higher health insurance premiums. You have the typical attitude of an uninformed conservative.
Why should we spend money on people who choose to be fat?

As I said everyone already knows how not to be fat.

And why do you think I'm a conservative? You have absolutely no idea of my political bent.

Your problem is you think everyone else is stupid and needs your help because you are oh so much smarter than they and they need you to make the "right" decisions.

It's none of your business if people choose to be fat

You may be right, but I am paying for it and so are you. Of course, maybe you are just being so defensive because you are overweight yourself?
Our food supply is purposely contaminated making many Americans fat and sick.
My weight and waistline are the same as when I was 21. But I took the time to research food and nutrition. Most Americans will not educate themselves.

It doesn't matter if you buy organic vegetables if you eat more fruits and vegetables instead of high calorie junk you will lose weight.
If you add exercise you will lose even more weight

Everyone already knows this.
I know the topic is obesity, but my posts are about health. You can be thin and unhealthy due to poor food choices.

Everyone already knows what a healthy diet is thin or not.

I am a normal weight guy. Yes, Americans look like a mutant species, that want to take over the world and infect everyone.

They have succeeded with this culturally, and now they continue this biologically.

Where can the last survivors like I run?

Hashish Brownies: Medical Signals

Let's think about how to connect politics with lifestyle, since it seems that in our modern world, resource-based decision-making guides social coordination (i.e., mercantilism-catalyzed globalization --- i.e., eTrade).

Marijuana is still considered to be an illegal narcotic in most countries. However, medical marijuana is liberally prescribed by doctors to patients suffering from glaucoma (a blood-circulation related problem in the human eye), since marijuana's active chemical THC facilitates the circulation of blood in the eye and relaxes the muscles and fibers in the eye.

Marijuana is usually ingested through inhalation (i.e., marijuana cigarettes). However, patients suffering from glaucoma may not wish to inhale smoke. These patients may opt to ingest marijuana in some other way (i.e., vapor inhalation, THC tea drinks, or hashish brownies).

A hashish brownie is simply a (chocolate) baked brownie wth boiled residues of THC/marijuana referred to simply as hashish.

Hashish brownies seem like mischief, but it can be a Godsend to a glaucoma patient looking for a more comfortable way to ingest THC for medical purposes.

This simple lifestyle-health example, obviously loaded with various consumerism, marketing, legal, and socio-political issues, reveals that simple analyses helps us understand the subtle intersections in modern society that effectively create a 'multi-tasking matrix' that contributes to the psychological over-indulgences that lead to 'cultural obesity' (i.e., Burger King).

:arrow:

Hashish Brownies: Medical Signals

Let's think about how to connect politics with lifestyle, since it seems that in our modern world, resource-based decision-making guides social coordination (i.e., mercantilism-catalyzed globalization --- i.e., eTrade).

Marijuana is still considered to be an illegal narcotic in most countries. However, medical marijuana is liberally prescribed by doctors to patients suffering from glaucoma (a blood-circulation related problem in the human eye), since marijuana's active chemical THC facilitates the circulation of blood in the eye and relaxes the muscles and fibers in the eye.

Marijuana is usually ingested through inhalation (i.e., marijuana cigarettes). However, patients suffering from glaucoma may not wish to inhale smoke. These patients may opt to ingest marijuana in some other way (i.e., vapor inhalation, THC tea drinks, or hashish brownies).

A hashish brownie is simply a (chocolate) baked brownie wth boiled residues of THC/marijuana referred to simply as hashish.

Hashish brownies seem like mischief, but it can be a Godsend to a glaucoma patient looking for a more comfortable way to ingest THC for medical purposes.

This simple lifestyle-health example, obviously loaded with various consumerism, marketing, legal, and socio-political issues, reveals that simple analyses helps us understand the subtle intersections in modern society that effectively create a 'multi-tasking matrix' that contributes to the psychological over-indulgences that lead to 'cultural obesity' (i.e., Burger King).

:arrow:
VERY interesting! So, where does it leave us? We certainly can't be happy with an untouchable obese and sick partner, can we? What are the options for those not-yet-americanized individuals who want to safeguard their health and relationships? Do they have a future?

Forum List

Back