The Obedient Wife

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
A man worked all of his life, saved his money, and was a real miser when it came to money. Just before he died, he said to his wife, "I want you to put all my money in the casket with me. I want to take it with me." His wife promised him with all her heart that she would put his money in the casket with him.

When his funeral ceremony ended and just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a minute!" She had a box with her and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket and rolled it away.

Her friend, who was sitting next to her, said, "Girl, you weren't foolish enough to put all that money in there with your husband, were you?" The loyal wife replied, "Listen, I'm a Christian; I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I would put the money in the casket with him."

"You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him?" asked her friend in disbelief. "I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a check."

Adam's Apple said:
A man worked all of his life, saved his money, and was a real miser when it came to money. Just before he died, he said to his wife, "I want you to put all my money in the casket with me. I want to take it with me." His wife promised him with all her heart that she would put his money in the casket with him.

When his funeral ceremony ended and just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a minute!" She had a box with her and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket and rolled it away.

Her friend, who was sitting next to her, said, "Girl, you weren't foolish enough to put all that money in there with your husband, were you?" The loyal wife replied, "Listen, I'm a Christian; I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I would put the money in the casket with him."

"You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him?" asked her friend in disbelief. "I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a check."

obedient, AND intelligent.

Forum List

Back