The Obamas ( Barack, Michelle, Malia & Sasha) have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

This is a terrible diagnosis for them but it describes them, especially the Usurper perfectly. This could put the United States and its overseas troops in Peril. NPD is also a component of sociopathy. So they could be without a conscience as well.

Narcissitic Personality Disorder:

Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

■Believing that you're better than others
■Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
■Exaggerating your achievements or talents
■Expecting constant praise and admiration
■Believing that you're special
■Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
■Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
■Taking advantage of others
■Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
■Being jealous of others
■Believing that others are jealous of you
■Trouble keeping healthy relationships
■Setting unrealistic goals
■Being easily hurt and rejected
■Having a fragile self-esteem
■Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may also seek out others you think have the same special talents, power and qualities — people you see as equals. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.

But underneath all this grandiosity often lies a very fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.

Last edited:
I agree about Obama - any every other politician.

I see the point about Michelle.

I think it a tad harsh to tar the two kids with the same brush. They're just children and, in my view, we should not attack or deride a child.

I looked up Narcissistic Personality Disorder...

And THIS picture was next to the description...

theduke.jpg

I think it a tad harsh to tar the two kids with the same brush. They're just children and, in my view, we should not attack or deride a child.

What she said!

I'd even go a bit further. I fail to see what point there might be in going after the First Lady. If, like Shrillary, Michelle later chooses to run for high office, fine. Go after her THEN. But for now? She's just a wife.

And going after the two little girls? Jeez. That kind of thing is just low rent bullshit.

What she said!

I'd even go a bit further. I fail to see what point there might be in going after the First Lady. If, like Shrillary, Michelle later chooses to run for high office, fine. Go after her THEN. But for now? She's just a wife.

And going after the two little girls? Jeez. That kind of thing is just low rent bullshit.

I agree!

This is a terrible diagnosis for them but it describes them, especially the Usurper perfectly. This could put the United States and its overseas troops in Peril. NPD is also a component of sociopathy. So they could be without a conscience as well.

Unless you are a psychiatrist/psychologist, you can't definitively diagnose anybody.

If you are a psychiatrist/psychologist, shame on you for diagnosing someone you haven't directly interacted with.

BTW, it's pretty tough to tag children w/ a NPD.

I am sure you knew that though.

Knock yourself out with the DSM IV though. I am sure you have everyone you know pegged in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Harsh and medically stupid.

Kind of hard to diagnose someone with a cluster B personality disorder when their personality isn't fully formed yet.

What she said!

Exactemundo.

Forum List

Back