The Obama Stimulus: Predictions vs. Reality

Didnt the non partisan cbo just come out and say the stimulas worked? Didnt this shut up the haters...?

How much more proof do you need and who could give it to you?

Sure it worked.

Campaign on that.

Didnt the non partisan cbo just come out and say the stimulas worked? Didnt this shut up the haters...?

How much more proof do you need and who could give it to you?

The CBO is a rigged game, idiot. They use ONLY the data they're given. Garbage in, garbage out.

So, how's that Recoveryless Recovery working out?

Its rigged because it says something you dont like, righty idiot?

Same could be said about you.

Btw, you can't count saved jobs because who knows if you'll lose them or not. Who knows what caused the loss or what caused them to remain.

You would have to have powers that a human-being doesn't have to be able so say for sure if your program saved a job. There are too many outside factors involved to say one way or another if your "Shovel-ready" project helped. Course Obama laughingly admits the shovel-ready jobs were a fantasy, and he should admit that assuming you saved jobs is a fantasy as well. But since Democrats tend to live in a fantasy world it's possible for them to convince themselves they're right. Just ignore reality at all costs.

Btw, most of the job creation took place in Texas. 33% of it, thanks to low taxes and confidence in the Governor there. Take that away and his record would be even worse then it is now. Unemployment would be above 10% if it weren't for states like Texas. States like New Jersey, California, New York, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois and other Blue states are what's dragging down the unemployment numbers. If Governor Perry had not been conscientious and done his job to the best of his ability Obama would be up shit creek right now.

unemployment is at 9.1%. Those who are not considered unemployed, even though they are no longer working, because they are no longer eligible to collect is at an all time high.

Good luck pushing the "stimulus was a success" talkinglie...i mean talkingpoint.

The stimulus has not worked well. Worse to come, with business failures and bankruptcy. (More than half of major business is running on commercial credit with “second lien” financing that is in default.) With bankruptcy will come rising long-term unemployment, and finally the slide into economic depression. It has a cascading effect that the government’s intervention is desperately trying to stop - but more likely to only succeed in slowing its inexorable progress.

The stimulus has not worked well. Worse to come, with business failures and bankruptcy. (More than half of major business is running on commercial credit with “second lien” financing that is in default.) With bankruptcy will come rising long-term unemployment, and finally the slide into economic depression. It has a cascading effect that the government’s intervention is desperately trying to stop - but more likely to only succeed in slowing its inexorable progress.

That's what Obama and the Dems are hoping for, a repeat of the FDR Depression

No, that’s certainly not true. President Obama inherited the financial crisis. He really had no choice but to act (doing nothing was not an option); and in certain instances (GM and Chrysler) the government intervention worked well. The lingering unemployment is a critical problem; which is why cutting spending at this time would be disasterous.

The CBO is a rigged game, idiot. They use ONLY the data they're given. Garbage in, garbage out.

So, how's that Recoveryless Recovery working out?

No, moron. I've never cited the CBO, and I never will. Because it's rigged. Intelligent people know this, and take it into account when reading their results.

Idiots believe what they say with no critical thought.

Exactly - the CBO has a very solid history of not only being off - but waaaaaaaay off - even polar opposite of reality. Not only that, but they use cash accounting...which is laughable.

No, moron. I've never cited the CBO, and I never will. Because it's rigged. Intelligent people know this, and take it into account when reading their results.

Idiots believe what they say with no critical thought.

Exactly - the CBO has a very solid history of not only being off - but waaaaaaaay off - even polar opposite of reality. Not only that, but they use cash accounting...which is laughable.

So is Krugman and he got a Noble Prize for being wrong in the trillion colums

That's what Obama and the Dems are hoping for, a repeat of the FDR Depression

Instead of Hoovervilles, we're going to have Obama Centers for Hope & Change.

You, like obama, dont get it. here please take the few moments to watch this video so you can better understand how people who run businesses think. Its animated and kinda takes a few jabs at obama but it will enlighten you.

YouTube - ‪I Don't Understand with Obama‬‏

Now I know whats wrong...with your thinking. You don't think I get it, but I do. I get it from my point of view in this economy, and from my point of view the rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer, while the middle class shrinks into non existance, and the working poor are working themselves to death. Who do I blame, the people who own the politicians. Who are they...Corporations and the Rich.

What do you consider poor in an annual dollar amount for income?

I work for a small business owner and he takes pretty decent care of me considering he is in business to make money for him and his family.

What annual compensation would I have to make for you to consider me working poor....you can include any benefits.

1) I consider poor to be any family(3 or more) making less than 25K a year with no benefits.
2) Good for you, it is hard to find an owner that is looking out for his employees.
3) The working poor I consider a family of (3-4) making 25K - 40K a year with no benefits.

Forum List

Back