The Obama Record is a Record

I don't recall seeing anything in the OP that affixes blame. I do see a list of 15 items that goes on the Obama administration record. So far you have not shown a single one of those items to be non factual and trying to divert to somebody else's record being worse just won't cut it.

The 15 items are on Obama's sheet as conditions that existed during this tenure of office.

If he can't be 'blamed; or if he can't have those items on his record, then logically no other President can be held accountable for whatever happens on his watch, right? And it won't matter who gets elected in any election. Hell, none of us don't even have to bother voting because nothing the President does or doesn't do matters anyway?

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing anything in the OP that affixes blame. I do see a list of 15 items that goes on the Obama administration record. So far you have not shown a single one of those items to be non factual and trying to divert to somebody else's record being worse just won't cut it.

The 15 items are on Obama's sheet as conditions that existed during this tenure of office.

If he can't be 'blamed; or if he can't have those items on his record, then logically no other President can be held accountable for whatever happens on his watch, right? And it won't matter who gets elected in any election. Hell, none of us don't even have to bother voting because nothing the President does or doesn't do matters anyway?

Oh thats such nonsense Fox and you know it.

Lets start with the most obvious...

When did the financial crisis BEGIN?

Gentle Reminder. This thread is in the CDZ

The Obama record is his record no matter how much he and/or his supporters want to get around it. The fifteen items listed below are a summary of his record.

I took the list from Townhall which is by no means an objective source and it is a source I would not use to support a point of view. But the list is a good one to illustrate our President's record in his first term of office.

I wonder if his supporters can dispute that all fifteen items are legitimate? If so, please provide your rationale or legitimate source so we keep this honest.

Others may have some items that need to be added to the list.

The question is, if the list is valid and accepted as the record, why would anybody vote for a second term for Barack Obama?''

Here's the list:

1) Real median household income is down $4300 since Obama took office.

2) The percentage of unemployed workers who've been out of a job for more than a year is over 30%.

3) The country has had the longest streak of +8% unemployment since the Depression under Obama: 39 months and counting.

4) In 2011 under Barack Obama, nearly one out of every seven Americans was on food stamps. That's a 70 percent increase from 2007.

5) Fifty percent of new college graduates are underemployed or unemployed.

6) U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they've been since 2002.

7) Barack Obama ended NASA's manned space program.

8) Going into this election cycle, Barack Obama had raised more money from Wall Street than any President in history. He has also raised more money from Wall Street than all of the GOP presidential contenders combined in this election cycle.

9) Under Barack Obama's leadership, the last time Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats passed a budget was April 9, 2009.

10) Barack Obama's budget was defeated 414-0 in the House and 99-0 in the Senate.

11) When he was running for President in 2008, Barack Obama pledged not to raise taxes on families making less than 250,000 dollars per year. He broke that promise with the tanning salon tax and with Obamacare, which raises almost 500 billion dollars in new taxes, a significant portion of which would be paid by people making less than 250,000 dollars per year.

12) When Barack Obama took office, gas was $1.95 per gallon. Today gas is $3.72 per gallon.

13) In February of this year, the federal government had a 229 billion dollar deficit. That was the largest deficit in the history of the United States.

14) America lost its AAA credit rating (which it had held since 1917) on Obama's watch despite the fact that Timothy Geithner publicly said there was "no risk" of that happening.

15) Barack Obama added more to the debt in just 38 months than George Bush did in two full terms as President.
15 Facts That Even Obama's Biggest Supporters Should Be Able To Admit Are True - John Hawkins - [page]

Oh Fire, and I had such high hoopes...

1) Biggest economic downturn since the great depression and it began BEFORe he took office.

2) See answer #1

3) And 29 straight months of private sector job growth.

4) See answer #1

5) See answer #1

6) Housing bubble. See answer #1

7) Nasa manned space program as redundant and wasted money.

8) And?

9) Double standard nonsense

10) Barack Obama's budget was defeated 414-0 in the House and 99-0 in the Senate.

Democrats disputed that it was actually the president's plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn't actually match Mr. Obama's budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president's numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

In other words, the Republicans put something up THEY called the Obama budget and voted against it. The Democrats voted against it because it was a bullshit politcal ploy.

11) Tanning salon tax? Serious? Who cares?

12)

Gas prices under Bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.

mmm-71352565023.jpeg

Gas prices were $4.21 a Gallon under Bush- So why is Obama to Blame for Gas Prices today ?

13) See answer #1

14) "The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed,"

BBC News - US loses AAA credit rating after S&P downgrade
In other words Republican obstructionism caused the downgrade.

15) Barack Obama added more to the debt in just 38 months than George Bush did in two full terms as President.

And this one is un-fucking-believable. The fucking authors SOURCE for this lie is HIMSELF!!!!!! Take a look at the author at the top of the page and then click the link. NO ONE sources THEMSELVES and has a shread of credibility remaining.

But lets look at his claim anyway...Shall we?

debt+changes+under+bush+obama.jpg

OOOOOOOOHHH ooops! Guess we can set aside Mr John I source myself and someone named TexasSparkles Hawkins as a reliable source HUH?

So what you are saying is that Obama's record is ....

"Bush's Fault"

Got it. Thanks.

Gentle Reminder. This thread is in the CDZ

The Obama record is his record no matter how much he and/or his supporters want to get around it. The fifteen items listed below are a summary of his record.

I took the list from Townhall which is by no means an objective source and it is a source I would not use to support a point of view. But the list is a good one to illustrate our President's record in his first term of office.

I wonder if his supporters can dispute that all fifteen items are legitimate? If so, please provide your rationale or legitimate source so we keep this honest.

Others may have some items that need to be added to the list.

The question is, if the list is valid and accepted as the record, why would anybody vote for a second term for Barack Obama?''

Here's the list:

1) Real median household income is down $4300 since Obama took office.

2) The percentage of unemployed workers who've been out of a job for more than a year is over 30%.

3) The country has had the longest streak of +8% unemployment since the Depression under Obama: 39 months and counting.

4) In 2011 under Barack Obama, nearly one out of every seven Americans was on food stamps. That's a 70 percent increase from 2007.

5) Fifty percent of new college graduates are underemployed or unemployed.

6) U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they've been since 2002.

7) Barack Obama ended NASA's manned space program.

8) Going into this election cycle, Barack Obama had raised more money from Wall Street than any President in history. He has also raised more money from Wall Street than all of the GOP presidential contenders combined in this election cycle.

9) Under Barack Obama's leadership, the last time Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats passed a budget was April 9, 2009.

11) When he was running for President in 2008, Barack Obama pledged not to raise taxes on families making less than 250,000 dollars per year. He broke that promise with the tanning salon tax and with Obamacare, which raises almost 500 billion dollars in new taxes, a significant portion of which would be paid by people making less than 250,000 dollars per year.

12) When Barack Obama took office, gas was $1.95 per gallon. Today gas is $3.72 per gallon.

13) In February of this year, the federal government had a 229 billion dollar deficit. That was the largest deficit in the history of the United States.

14) America lost its AAA credit rating (which it had held since 1917) on Obama's watch despite the fact that Timothy Geithner publicly said there was "no risk" of that happening.

15 Facts That Even Obama's Biggest Supporters Should Be Able To Admit Are True - John Hawkins - [page]

Oh Fire, and I had such high hoopes...

1) Biggest economic downturn since the great depression and it began BEFORe he took office.

2) See answer #1

3) And 29 straight months of private sector job growth.

4) See answer #1

5) See answer #1

6) Housing bubble. See answer #1

7) Nasa manned space program as redundant and wasted money.

8) And?

9) Double standard nonsense

Democrats disputed that it was actually the president's plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn't actually match Mr. Obama's budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president's numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times
In other words, the Republicans put something up THEY called the Obama budget and voted against it. The Democrats voted against it because it was a bullshit politcal ploy.

11) Tanning salon tax? Serious? Who cares?

12)

Gas prices under Bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.

mmm-71352565023.jpeg

Gas prices were $4.21 a Gallon under Bush- So why is Obama to Blame for Gas Prices today ?

13) See answer #1

14) "The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed,"

BBC News - US loses AAA credit rating after S&P downgrade
In other words Republican obstructionism caused the downgrade.

And this one is un-fucking-believable. The fucking authors SOURCE for this lie is HIMSELF!!!!!! Take a look at the author at the top of the page and then click the link. NO ONE sources THEMSELVES and has a shread of credibility remaining.

But lets look at his claim anyway...Shall we?

debt+changes+under+bush+obama.jpg

OOOOOOOOHHH ooops! Guess we can set aside Mr John I source myself and someone named TexasSparkles Hawkins as a reliable source HUH?

1 - 6 = Boooooosh!!!

7's over your head

8 is an example of hypocrisy on the part of the Left that like to scream about the evils of WS

How in the world is #9 a double standard?

10.....still no budget

11 is a tax, even if you don't like to say it

12..... I still remember the "War for Oil" protests and the lines of people screaming at Bush about gas prices, so your "double standard" is noted

13 = Boooooosh

14: Regardless of how you spin it, the President - who is supposed to be a LEADER - allowed it to happen

15:
CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.
National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

:eusa_shhh:

Alls I want to say is this. How good can a pres. really do when everyone in congress of the opposing party blocks all legislation Obama looks favorabily on? I think the situation is made even worse because the GOP isn't doing this because they're looking out for America, they're doing it because they're looking out for their party and it's future.

Bush was the GOP's return majorties, it was during that time period that they had the chance to gain back a lot of influence. What did they do? They fucked up, BIG TIME(that's what happens with neo-con advisors).
I don't think it's too hard to imagine how the GOP would suffer if they made a mess of things and then a liberal democrat comes in and gets all the credit for the recovery, AKA "saves the day". That would bad for any political party.

I often wonder how things would be like if the GOP functioned like it has historically, instead of just getting TEA-bagged.

Last edited:
Anytime you folks want to come back to reality and face facts please feel free to HONESTLY answer the following:

WHEN did this economic crisis begin?

CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.
National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
:

and once again you ignore WHY thus losing ALL context and credibility.

benenchart.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Obama keeps extending those evil Booooosh Tax Cuts

He finally cut loose from Iraq, but how about Afghanistan?

Fannie and Freddie are fine. Barney told me so.

"Recovery Measures" and "Other" equals Stimulus and Bailout

Like it or not, this election is solely about Obama's record at reeling in all these things you still blame Booooosh for.

Obama promised, campaigned, and volunteered to fix all of it.

fail

I'm not going to speak for Vidi, but your assertion really is silly Foxy. Just because someone looks at one issue as not being the responsibility of the president doesn't mean the president has no effect on anything.

Or, to put it another way, would you say that since the president gets the credit or blame for the issues on your list, that we shouldn't bother voting or paying attention to congress? After all, it's only the president that matters!

The Bush tax cuts were extended. Who did that?

The Republicans. Are you forgetting the standoff?

Cmon. At least be honest.

The Republicans? Obama signed the law. That's how these things work son. You take responsibility for the decisions you make. You own your compromises. It's part of being an adult.

The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111-312, 124 Stat. 3296, H.R. 4853), was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010 and signed into law by President Barack Obama on December 17, 2010.

So I will ask you again, if the evil "Bush tax cuts" were so bad, why did Obama extend them?

I'm not going to speak for Vidi, but your assertion really is silly Foxy. Just because someone looks at one issue as not being the responsibility of the president doesn't mean the president has no effect on anything.

Or, to put it another way, would you say that since the president gets the credit or blame for the issues on your list, that we shouldn't bother voting or paying attention to congress? After all, it's only the president that matters!

The Obama supporters, including Vidi, seem to be bending over backwards to excuse Obama for the 15 items on the list because:

1. The President isn't responsible for that . . . .or. . . .

2. It is only that bad because of what he inherited from Bush. . . or . . .

3. Bush was worse or Bush did it too.

In other words, they seem to think it is unfair to characterize any of the 15 items as pertinent to Obama's record.

The Bush tax cuts were extended. Who did that?

The Republicans? That is rich. Obama signed the law. That's how these things work son. You take responsibility for the decisions you make. You own your compromises. It's part of being an adult.

The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111-312, 124 Stat. 3296, H.R. 4853), was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010 and signed into law by President Barack Obama on December 17, 2010.

So I will ask you again, if the evil "Bush tax cuts" were so bad, why did Obama extend them?

Wow. When you figure out how political deals are made, you get back to us. Edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Republicans? That is rich. :lol: Obama signed the law. That's how these things work son. You take responsibility for the decisions you make. You own your compromises. It's part of being an adult.

Wow. When you figure out how political deals are made, you get back to us.
So you are sticking with "it's Bush's fault"?

Got it. Nice job!

I suppose I need to run the sarcasm detection program again.

The Obama supporters, including Vidi, seem to be bending over backwards to excuse Obama for the 15 items on the list because:

1. The President isn't responsible for that . . . .or. . . .

2. It is only that bad because of what he inherited from Bush. . . or . . .

3. Bush was worse or Bush did it too.

In other words, they seem to think it is unfair to characterize any of the 15 items as pertinent to Obama's record.

1. Because hes NOT. Thats just how it is. You cannot blame a guy for something that took place BEFORE he came into office or when he doesnt even hold the purse strings. You want to blame the Harry Reid Senate for not passing a budget? I might (prolly will but with stipulations ) back you on that. But Obama? With a fillibuster happy Republican senate minority ( 1st two years ) and a Obstructionist Republican House ( 2nd two years )? You cannot be honest and not take those things into account.

2. Its about trends. What was the trend when he took office? Was that stat going up or down? What is the historical norm? Did he reverve the bad trends? Maintain the good trends?

3. If I got pissed at Bush for doing something, Im pissed at Obama if he does the same thing. I only ask for the same from my "opponents" its called CONSISTENCY.

Because it is unfair. You cant blame Truman for World War or Nixon for Viet Nam or FDR for the Great Depression ( though lately the Right certainly has tried that rewrite of history as well )

All Im asking for is honesty, Fox. You give me honesty and Ill debate you on any subject you want. We can do so with respect for one another and common decency. We can do so fairly and maybe even find common ground . But the ONLY way to do that is to start from a place thats honest. And that blog from Mr Hawkins is less than honest.

Last edited:

The Republicans? That is rich. Obama signed the law. That's how these things work son. You take responsibility for the decisions you make. You own your compromises. It's part of being an adult.

Wow. When you figure out how political deals are made, you get back to us.

Obama was supposed to be the "new kid", the "anti-politician" politician.
No lobbyists in the WH.
Transparency.

You know? All that Hopey Changey stuff.

He sure fooled you and a lot of others.

Not me.

See ya in November

The Republicans? That is rich. :lol: Obama signed the law. That's how these things work son. You take responsibility for the decisions you make. You own your compromises. It's part of being an adult.

Wow. When you figure out how poolitcal deals are made, you get back to us. Until then, you have nothing of value to offer.

No lobbyists in the WH.
Transparency.

Not me.

See ya in November

Anyone who believed that Obama wasnt a politician was a fool, I agree.

Where he fooled me, Im sorry to say, was how far Right he was willing to swing and how weak he was going to be when dealing with the Republicans. But at least I can admit that.

How is Romney fooling you?

Wow. When you figure out how poolitcal deals are made, you get back to us.

No lobbyists in the WH.
Transparency.

Not me.

See ya in November

Anyone who believed that Obama wasnt a politician was a fool, I agree.

Where he fooled me, Im sorry to say, was how far Right he was willing to swing and how weak he was going to be when dealing with the Republicans. But at least I can admit that.

How is Romney fooling you?

He's not.

He has a record of saving and creating jobs.

This other guy in office?
Not so much.

He's had his one-term proposition

New Topics

Forum List

Back