The Obama Court. giving him alot of victories

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
the obama court, headed by roberts is helping obama alot these days. if obama is re-elected he will be able to put more roberts on the court.

Roberts is truly a Conservative wingnut. He just didn't want another Citizens United on his resume.

Can't agree with you on this one. I liked Roberts when Bush nominated him, and I believe he is the best and most qualified justice we have. He actually tries to somewhat follow the rule of law. What I find hilarious about that term is that conservatives use it all the time, but none of the justices ever follow it as they make all their decisions based on political ideology.

Roberts is truly a Conservative wingnut. He just didn't want another Citizens United on his resume.

sorry, the 4 liberal wingnuts were joined by comrade roberts. roberts votes with them more than 50% of the time.

Lots of victories? How so?

He lost his main argument with the Arizona case.

Yeah they upheld Obamacare and the mandate, but that isnt what he wanted anyway. And while I completely disagree with Roberts reasoning under the tax and spend clause. The fact that he has severely limited the powers of the commerce clause and set the precedents needed to eventually overturn Wickard if the right case comes along. Not to mention the right is seriously energized now.

What other cases did Obama have a victory? Let alone alot of them.

Lots of victories? How so?

He lost his main argument with the Arizona case.

Yeah they upheld Obamacare and the mandate, but that isnt what he wanted anyway. And while I completely disagree with Roberts reasoning under the tax and spend clause. The fact that he has severely limited the powers of the commerce clause and set the precedents needed to eventually overturn Wickard if the right case comes along. Not to mention the right is seriously energized now.

What other cases did Obama have a victory? Let alone alot of them.

actually, no... most of the Arizona law was struck down. They left the papers please part in effect but allowed for re-examination depending on how it is applied.

the decision offers no indication that it limits the commerce clause. it just declined to extend it as far as the mandate.

sorry, the 4 liberal wingnuts were joined by comrade roberts. roberts votes with them more than 50% of the time.

There's nothing funnier to me than people who think that the Supreme Court should be more partisan.

the obama court, headed by roberts is helping obama alot these days. if obama is re-elected he will be able to put more roberts on the court.

This makes you happy, doesn't it.

You have "gop" in your name but do not appear to believe there is any reason to vote for Romney, not even to stop Obama from appointing any more justices. Of course I haven't read all your posts but this is the impression I get from what I've read so far.

Yep,

More kagans and wise latinas' too. Hell it wouldn't surprise me that if Obama is reelected they kill the second Amendment and greatly expand the government's power over our lifes. Not to say that Romney won't. :eusa_silenced:

This makes you happy, doesn't it.

You have "gop" in your name but do not appear to believe there is any reason to vote for Romney, not even to stop Obama from appointing any more justices. Of course I haven't read all your posts but this is the impression I get from what I've read so far.

Well, if Romney turns out to be another George w Bush that was More or less Obamalite...Well, that does little to stop the decline.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back