The Obama 800 billion dollar Stimulus Scam

No honest economist will any longer argue that tax breaks are a stimulus. ?

what???? In my town they reduced the tax for making movies and now you can see Hollywood everywhere shooting movies. The liberals imposed a luxury tax on yachts and it killed the industry and the middle class jobs, making, selling, and maintaining the yachts. Ireland dropped the corporte tax and most of the world's major corporations moved there.

THe lower the taxes the more wealth and jobs. The higher the taxes the fewer jobs and wealth.

This is common sense a child can understand, just not a liberal.

Brings the tax rate above $250K to Clinton era rates, when the economy was great, right?

The Clinton economy was great because rates were higher? LOL!

That's not what Rshermr said.

He doesn't think higher rates help the economy?
That's a relief, becaused I'd feel bad mocking him with his brain injury and all.
Well, todster, that was a really juvenile statement. Maybe it was just projection, eh.
So, yes, I do believe in income tax increases in bad unemployment economies if the revenue is used in a good stimulative way. As do most economists. For a couple of reasons, actually. First, stimulus spending creates demand, with the obvious result that hiring happens. Second, history shows it works. Just the opposite of tax decreases.

That's not what Rshermr said.

That's a relief, becaused I'd feel bad mocking him with his brain injury and all.
Well, todster, that was a really juvenile statement. Maybe it was just projection, eh.
So, yes, I do believe in income tax increases in bad unemployment economies if the revenue is used in a good stimulative way. As do most economists. For a couple of reasons, actually. First, stimulus spending creates demand, with the obvious result that hiring happens. Second, history shows it works. Just the opposite of tax decreases.

So, yes, I do believe in income tax increases in bad unemployment economies if the revenue is used in a good stimulative way.

Solyndra was a good use, right?

First, stimulus spending creates demand,

And higher taxes destroys demand.

So, yes, I do believe in income tax increases in bad unemployment economies if the revenue is used in a good stimulative way.

Solyndra was a good use, right? You know, I am not at all surprised that you would bring up Solyndra. Which every con that can get a word in about it makes it look like a disaster. Like you should expect that new technology should never fail??? But: "The BGOV Barometer shows the default rate on the $16.1 billion Energy Department loan portfolio is less than 3.6 percent. The White House planned for defaults of as much as 12.85 percent for loans to solar, wind and bio-energy projects, according to the Office of Management and Budget."[You show your con roots. Anything that does not help the oil companies you just attack.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...raction-of-default-budget-bgov-barometer.html
So, perhaps we should do as the cons say. Drill baby drill. And buy oil like crazy from the Persian Gulf. They love us, after all.

And higher taxes destroys demand. So you say. Like with Clinton. Like with Reagan. So, any proof, me boy, or do you just want us to trust you??

Last edited:

Solyndra was a good use, right? You know, I am not at all surprised that you would bring up Solyndra. Which every con that can get a word in about it makes it look like a disaster. Like you should expect that new technology should never fail??? But: "The BGOV Barometer shows the default rate on the $16.1 billion Energy Department loan portfolio is less than 3.6 percent. The White House planned for defaults of as much as 12.85 percent for loans to solar, wind and bio-energy projects, according to the Office of Management and Budget."[You show your con roots. Anything that does not help the oil companies you just attack.
Solyndra Losses a Fraction of Default Budget: BGOV Barometer - Bloomberg
So, perhaps we should do as the cons say. Drill baby drill. And buy oil like crazy from the Persian Gulf. They love us, after all.

And higher taxes destroys demand. So you say. Like with Clinton. Like with Reagan. So, any proof, me boy, or do you just want us to trust you??

The White House planned for defaults of as much as 12.85 percent for loans to solar, wind and bio-energy projects, according to the Office of Management and Budget.

It's awesome that they plan to lose money. They must be very happy with the string of more recent bankruptcies.

So, perhaps we should do as the cons say. Drill baby drill.

Yes, that's an excellent idea.

And buy oil like crazy from the Persian Gulf.

We don't buy much from there. More drilling would reduce the need for those purchases.

So, any proof, me boy, or do you just want us to trust you??

Whenever my taxes increase, I buy less. Government increases cigarette taxes to reduce consumption. Seems to work there too. Do you need more proof?

Forum List

Back