The Obama 800 billion dollar Stimulus Scam

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Outsourcing billions of taxpayer dollars through stimulus spending « Wintery Knight

The So-Called Stimulus Bill

So where exactly does $800,000,000,000 go? Surely some of that must have found its way back into the pockets of the people who are responsible for paying it – the American citizen. .

Whether the Obama administration intended for the stimulus to be a job-creating measure or an "investment" in pet projects and constituencies, this much is clear: For every $278,000 in taxpayer-funded stimulus money that the administration spent as of the July report, only one job was added or saved. And that's according to an estimate from Obama's own economists. And it has gotten worse from there.

Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus spending law–the $787 billion American Recovery and Reivnestment Act–gave millions of federal dollars to foreign companies or funded domestic companies that built factories in foreign countries or bought foreign products.

What a guy, screw over the American citizen,you work hard for your money and he gives it all away to foreign countries..

$what-change-looks-like.jpg

Last edited:
Everything about Obama has been a scam to us Taxpayers and our country

and they have taken all of you to the cleaners..

but make sure you give them four more years to wipe you, your children and your grandchildren out

Last edited:
Outsourcing billions of taxpayer dollars through stimulus spending « Wintery Knight

So where exactly does $800,000,000,000 go? Surely some of that must have found its way back into the pockets of the people who are responsible for paying it – the American citizen. .

Whether the Obama administration intended for the stimulus to be a job-creating measure or an "investment" in pet projects and constituencies, this much is clear: For every $278,000 in taxpayer-funded stimulus money that the administration spent as of the July report, only one job was added or saved. And that's according to an estimate from Obama's own economists. And it has gotten worse from there.

Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus spending law–the $787 billion American Recovery and Reivnestment Act–gave millions of federal dollars to foreign companies or funded domestic companies that built factories in foreign countries or bought foreign products.

What a guy, screw over the American citizen,you work hard for your money and he gives it all away to forgein countries..

View attachment 20243
Some of it went to fund 2/5 of my post-doctoral appointment and to run high speed fiber-optic infrastructure throughout my state.

What a guy, screw over the American citizen,you work hard for your money and he gives it all away to forgein countries..

View attachment 20243
This money will go wherever Obama makes a call to the Treasury and has it routed to one of Nancy Pelosi's relatives. She's already screwed the American people out of her two billion dollars' worth.

Can you imagine somebody 70 years old, still trying to screw the American people out of billions more than before? What a grasping, greedy, grubbing little ingrate she has been--decades of stealing your money, she's wealthy as sin, but she hasn't had enough of the taking game, she's got to get more for her kids who want to blow through the money like drunk sailors on leave for the weekend with green businesses that have those 100% government guarantees.

The cheater who knows how to get what she wants and more and more and endlessly more.

I think she should be required to give every nickle back of her recent two billion in grabs for the Pelosis. That's the people's money, not Nancy Pelosi's money. Will somebody please get that through her avaricious little skull?

I'm sick of Nancy Pelosi looking on the people's money and putting billions of it in her purse each year. It's just wrong to do that.

View attachment 20243
This money will go wherever Obama makes a call to the Treasury and has it routed to one of Nancy Pelosi's relatives. She's already screwed the American people out of her two billion dollars' worth.

Can you imagine somebody 70 years old, still trying to screw the American people out of billions more than before? What a grasping, greedy, grubbing little ingrate she has been--decades of stealing your money, she's wealthy as sin, but she hasn't had enough of the taking game, she's got to get more for her kids who want to blow through the money like drunk sailors on leave for the weekend with green businesses that have those 100% government guarantees.

The cheater who knows how to get what she wants and more and more and endlessly more.

I think she should be required to give every nickle back of her recent two billion in grabs for the Pelosis. That's the people's money, not Nancy Pelosi's money. Will somebody please get that through her avaricious little skull?

I'm sick of Nancy Pelosi looking on the people's money and putting billions of it in her purse each year. It's just wrong to do that.

Sure thing bud

View attachment 20243

So I have you on record as stating 288 billion in tax breaks did no good?

I thought less taxation was supposed to be good for the economy?

View attachment 20243

I'll go on the record, short term, economically inefficient targeted tax cuts don't help the economy.

If you want less taxation to help the economy, cut corporate tax rates and remove the corporate loopholes and subsidies the politicians insert into the tax code to buy votes.

View attachment 20243

I'll go on the record, short term, economically inefficient targeted tax cuts don't help the economy.

You mean tax cuts made by Democrats don't help the economy.

If you want less taxation to help the economy, cut corporate tax rates and remove the corporate loopholes and subsidies the politicians insert into the tax code to buy votes.
Loophole is in the eye of the beholder. Its a meaningless word, as meaningless as "earmark"

View attachment 20243

Tax breaks are horrible stimulants. (they have an economic multiplier number of about .6) I doubt you will find a non political economist that will even say they can pay for themselves. The higher the income of the tax cut recipient, the less gets spent. I know I did not spend a dime of my tax break. (what little there was)

By the way the economic multiplier of unemployment payments is around 1.5.

The reason that the stimulus was about 40% tax breaks is that the GOP would support it no other way. No tax breaks and the senate GOP would filibustered it to death.

Simple as that.

View attachment 20243

Tax breaks are horrible stimulants. (they have an economic multiplier number of about .6) I doubt you will find a non political economist that will even say they can pay for themselves. The higher the income of the tax cut recipient, the less gets spent. I know I did not spend a dime of my tax break. (what little there was)

By the way the economic multiplier of unemployment payments is around 1.5.

The reason that the stimulus was about 40% tax breaks is that the GOP would support it no other way. No tax breaks and the senate GOP would filibustered it to death.

Simple as that.
I took the 4k or so I got out of bonus depreciation of rental property and socked it away.

So you're right.

Of course I put my money in a U.S. bank account - which is more stimulative to our economy than sending it to Switzerland or other offshore accounts like Romney and other filthy rich like to do.

View attachment 20243

The average tax paid by US corporations is around 5%. That is actual tax paid, not the fairy tale tax rate.

I think that well over half of our fortune 500 companies paid no tax at all. Many got subsidies.

Should we give them all subsidies? Their taxes are so low that is the next logical step.

Loophole is in the eye of the beholder. Its a meaningless word, as meaningless as "earmark"

I mean short term, economically inefficient targeted tax cuts don't help the economy.
Whether they're passed by a Democrat or a Republican.

The average tax paid by US corporations is around 5%. That is actual tax paid, not the fairy tale tax rate.

I think that well over half of our fortune 500 companies paid no tax at all. Many got subsidies.

Should we give them all subsidies? Their taxes are so low that is the next logical step.

According to the US Census Bureau, in 2010, corporate profits were about $1.625 trillion. They paid taxes of $417 billion. That's almost 26%. That is actual tax paid, not the fairy tale number you made up.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0791.pdf

...According to the US Census Bureau, in 2010, corporate profits were about $1.625 trillion. They paid taxes of $417 billion. That's almost 26%...
The Census Br.'s primary function is counting people, so when they branch out into incomes they get their data from the Bur. of Econ. Analysis. Seems that the Census people push a left wing agenda when it comes to money and they left out a lot of corp. taxes that were on the sourced BEA site. Here's a screen shot, but basically what is shows is in 2012--
corp income after expenses is $11T,
employees get $8T,
taxes take $2T,
and after tax profit is $1T.

The owners see half of that profit in dividends.

View attachment 20243

Any proof of anything. Or just more opinion based on where you normally keep your head?

According to the US Census Bureau, in 2010, corporate profits were about $1.625 trillion. They paid taxes of $417 billion. That's almost 26%. That is actual tax paid, not the fairy tale number you made up.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0791.pdf

I don't know what you are talking about but I am talking large corporations, multinationals.

To be fair I confused tax rate with taxes as a percent of GDP. To be equally frank your figure of 26% is wildly off the mark also. It is an unfortunate fact that small businesses pay a much higher tax rate than the large corporations.

Checking my stats I come to the following: 30 Fortune 500 companies paid more to lobby congress than they paid in taxes.

"The “Dirty Thirty” companies all told made $163.7 billion in profits while paying zero dollars in federal income taxes and collecting a total of $10.6 billion in various tax rebates. Meanwhile, they collectively spent $475.7 million in lobbying expenses for the three year period."

"As it stands now, the actual tax rate corporations pay, called the "effective" tax rate, is at 12.1 percent of profits, the lowest level it's been since 1972, Think Progress reports. Likewise, tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product is at lows not seen since the 1940s, according to CTJ."

"A total 280 profitable Fortune 500 companies collectively paid an effective federal income tax rate of 18.5 percent, about half of the statutory 35 percent corporate tax rate, while receiving $223 billion in tax subsidies."

So we have an "effective" tax rate of somewhere between 12 and 18%. Personally I would venture it is closer to 12 than 18.

The "Fortune 500" companies are not the only ones who know how to avoid taxes.

I would give you links but there are too many and they are easily found by even the most
inept of web surfers.

I mean short term, economically inefficient targeted tax cuts don't help the economy.
Whether they're passed by a Democrat or a Republican.

So, if, for example, someone gets extra money from being able to depreciate 50% or 100% in the first year - that extra money doesn't do them any good, right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back