The O.J. trial taught us one thing, we are still a racially divided nation.

Originally posted by Jule
I doubt any of the above is true, but this is one of those subjects you just cannot talk about outside an anonymous environment such as this. I've wondered why African-Americans excel so much at sports--they dominate most professional sports while being a minority. But Africa isnt an Olympic power house. So are African-Americans physically different (as opposed to white people or even africans, and did slavery serve as a brutal flash of natural selection?), or is it all cultural, or is it a possible combination of the two that explains the athletic dominance? What about the influx of white europeans in the NBA, does that show anything? These questions wont be answered because you can get fired by even -asking- them, and the people that have strong feelings one way or the other liley won't be responding based on anything but emotion or out-dated or heavily biased and narrow research--because you arent going to get enough serious research, medical or socialogical, to come to any consensus. Why? because you can be (metaphorically) shot for even thinking of these questions.

Why do blacks BORN IN AMERICA insist on calling themselves "african Americans"? Aren't they just American like me? I was born here. But my ancestors are from England and Ireland. Should I call myself "English - Irish - American"? If blacks are so damn hell bent and proud to be african, then why don't they move back to africa?

And there's no such thing as "natural selection". That is a THEORY that's NEVER BEEN PROVEN. Maybe some of the slaves were purposely breed for muscles, and some of that has trickled down, but nothing else. Black people have more muscles in their body than whites. Blacks can withstand heat better than whites, as whites can withstand cold better than them. Blacks have naturally occuring bigger butts than whites. You know... "baby got back".

It just seems to me that there can't be two more opposite races on earth than whites and blacks. But destiny has forced us to live side by side. I say we all face the reality that black people have a long way to go to fully integrate into white society. And until they do, trouble will only continue to plague the blacks.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
Is flasher :gay: ? I thought those poems in the writing skills forums where just jokes....

Aaaaaaaah, you mean it isn't obvious? I thought everybody knew that. :dunno:

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I say we all face the reality that black people have a long way to go to fully integrate into white society. And until they do, trouble will only continue to plague the blacks.
Trouble will plague blacks, and all that have contact with them.

Forum List

Back