The Nutcracker:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
The Nutcracker is one of the things I look forward to at Christmas time. Not only does it showcase some of Tchaikovsky's best music the story played out in the dance is on a par with The Swan and the San Francisco Ballet Company has done as good a job with it as any I've seen and better than some. This year's production is very much worth watching. It's truly beautiful

Those who missed it on Sunday can see it next Sunday, 12/19, at 3PM(EST) on WHYY.

The Nutcracker is one of the things I look forward to at Christmas time. Not only does it showcase some of Tchaikovsky's best music the story played out in the dance is on a par with The Swan and the San Francisco Ballet Company has done as good a job with it as any I've seen and better than some. This year's production is very much worth watching. It's truly beautiful

Those who missed it on Sunday can see it next Sunday, 12/19, at 3PM(EST) on WHYY.

I don't care if it is danced by angels.....television cannot bring you the same experience as seeing it live. If you have a production of this going in your community, grab a wee one and go.

You'll both have a fabulous time.

We try to see it once every season. This year it was a local ballet company with a full orchestra. Daughter had a couple of friends in the cast so we went backstage after and got to see many of the performers. It was a fantastic production. Several years ago we saw the Joffrey in Chicago.

I took my kids to see the Nutcracker at Arie Crown Center until the boys turned 7 & 9, then took only daughter until she was about 15. I loved it, but the boys not so much. Someday in the not too distant future, hopefully will take my grandchildren.

The Nutcracker!!! Isn't that the bar on your bike that really hurts if you fall off your bike seat and land on???? Still hurts just to think about it.

Forum List

Back