The Nursing Home

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Today my class went on a field trip to the nursing home.

My students partnered up with a resident, and read them stories and talked to them. They also gave them the St. Patty's Day cards they made them. Then, they had green punch and shamrock cookies. The folks were thrilled with the children, and the children really enjoyed hanging out with them! Smiles and laughs were plenty today! It was great fun!

Anyway, thought I would share a neat day in the life of an inner city public school class.

My students partnered up with a resident, and read them stories and talked to them. They also gave them the St. Patty's Day cards they made them. Then, they had green punch and shamrock cookies. The folks were thrilled with the children, and the children really enjoyed hanging out with them! Smiles and laughs were plenty today! It was great fun!

Anyway, thought I would share a neat day in the life of an inner city public school class.

:clap2:

you appear to be contributing more to society, than AIG employees who make one thousand times your salary!

What age are your students?

First, second and third grade students with mild mental, leaning disabilities and autism.

First, second and third grade students with mild mental, leaning disabilities and autism.

Nice. My three year old son's daycare went to a nursing home for Valentines day.

I think the elders really like to see the 3 year olds. :)

Forum List

Back