The numbers don’t lie: banning guns means more crime; more innocent victims and the L

Your kidding, right? Our major cities are more like the "wild west" than the wild west was. You've watched way too much TV and movies, the "wild west" in many ways more civilized than today.

Well, when you say "wild west", i bet a lot more people will have the same vision of it as i do, taking what they've seen from movies. But instead of focusing on that one statement, you could look at the point of the post. Everyone having guns isn't necessarily the answer either.

If you're going to make the argument that liberals are politicizing this tragedy in order to push the idea of taking the guns out of as many people's hands as possible, then the reverse would also be true: conservatives pushing the idea that putting guns into as many people's hands as possible is the solution. Both are just proposals to treat the symptom of the real problem: why someone would want to go to a school (or any public place) and kill people seemingly for no reason.

You seem to think carrying a concealed weapon is easy, many people that have a CHL don't carry much of the time, but just the fact that a bad guy may encounter an armed citizen as proven to be a strong deterrent. People who have a CHL are trained to be aware of their surroundings, could your far fetched scenario happen, theoretically yes, similar things have happened with highly trained police officers, but it's not likely.

I was specifically addressing the idea that everyone should have a gun and carry. I'm all in favor of concealed carry as long as that person has passed background checks and has demonstrated and ability to be responsible with it. If i'm a criminal and looking to rob or murder someone, i know i would be thinking twice if i thought there was a chance that someone had a gun on them and knew how to use it.

Last edited:
Australia's numbers don't lie and controvert Collins' nonsense.

The numbers don

From another thread:

"In the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings — but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect. The murder rate with firearms has dropped by more than 40 percent, according to data compiled by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and the suicide rate with firearms has dropped by more than half.

Big problem with that "study". Australia banned guns in 1996. In the 18 years before 1996 until 14 years after 1996, crime was decreasing dramatically in every western country around the world, including the US. In the years before Australia's ban, firearm-related homicides were already declining, dropping 66% between 1981 and 1996. Firearm-related deaths were also on the decline during that period, falling 50%.

Another example of government meddlers claiming to affect a trend that was already in progress without the laws.

What your that incredibly bias "study" overlooks is what happen AFTER the gun ban took effect: From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
• Firearm-related murders were up 19%
• Armed robberies were up 69%
• Home invasions were up 21%

Not so good after all...

Check the entire history and see how Collins is lying.

Australia's numbers don't lie and controvert Collins' nonsense.

The numbers don

From another thread:

"In the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings — but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect. The murder rate with firearms has dropped by more than 40 percent, according to data compiled by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and the suicide rate with firearms has dropped by more than half.

Big problem with that "study". Australia banned guns in 1996. In the 18 years before 1996 until 14 years after 1996, crime was decreasing dramatically in every western country around the world, including the US. In the years before Australia's ban, firearm-related homicides were already declining, dropping 66% between 1981 and 1996. Firearm-related deaths were also on the decline during that period, falling 50%.

Another example of government meddlers claiming to affect a trend that was already in progress without the laws.

What your that incredibly bias "study" overlooks is what happen AFTER the gun ban took effect: From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
• Firearm-related murders were up 19%
• Armed robberies were up 69%
• Home invasions were up 21%

Not so good after all...

The numbers don’t lie: banning guns means more crime; more innocent victims and the Left knows it​

By: Kevin “Coach” Collins
DECEMBER 18TH, 2012

As threatened as the Second Amendment looks right now, in the end new attacks on our freedom to own guns will fail. The numbers will once again prove the Left’s arguments are built on lies and distortions.

In the coming weeks disingenuous liberals will try to use the tragic murders of 20 children and 6 staff at a Connecticut grade school to justify curtailing our Second Amendment rights to own firearms. That this horrific crime was committed by a likely paranoid schizophrenic will mean nothing to the gun grabbers.

That the ACLU recently defeated a Connecticut law which might have involuntarily put the monster that killed these innocent victims in an institution safely away from the rest of us, will mean nothing to them either.

In knee jerk fashion they will claim anyone who does not want to limit Second Amendment rights must be in favor of killing innocent children and the media will run with these lies.

Both the liberals and their media mouthpieces will ignore any evidence (however strong) that derails their cherished ultimate goal of confiscating all guns in America.

Only liars, fools and those who profit from the sale of guns, ammo, etc. keep repeating this line of bullshit - there is no effort to confiscate the guns of law abiding citizens.

They want to bring us closer to the “enlightened” position on firearms ownership held around the world and especially Europe.

The Left will ignore the data from Kennesaw Georgia where a city ordinance which has been in effect for thirty years requires each home to have a gun.

Kennesaw consistently reports crime rates below those of the national average.

Moreover during the years immediately following the 1982 passage of its firearms requirement, home burglary rates dropped by 82% and other crimes followed suit.

There will be no discussion of the mass murders of innocent unarmed people in gun control happy Norway where 77 people were methodically slain by a single armed killer…..

(Excerpt)
Read more:
The numbers don

There is no reasonable effort underway to take firearms from citizens; the Second Amendment is safe and will remain safe from efforts of repeal if and only if the NRA and the gun huggers work with others to enforce reasoned efforts to prevent the horror of mass murder in America.

You seem to think the Constitution is negotiable, it's not. The senate may pass something but it will never fly in the house. The gun grabbing commies will lose in the courts even if by some miracle legislation gets passed.

Since you're from Texas I won't bother to call you rigid or closed minded - that's a given. Take notice, as long as you support the proliferation of guns, high volume magazines and firearms capable of such carnage, in such a short span of time as we witnessed last Friday, you are the problem. And your head in the sand attitude will do more to have your right to own such firearms infringed by reasonable people - not commies or gun grabbers -but moms and dads, teachers and cops, first responder and medical professionals and journalists who find the murder of 6 and 7 year old children reprehensible. They will make gun regulations happen with or without the support of the gun huggers in the HoR.

Notice the NRA has gone dark and 31 gun hugger Senators refused to appear on "Meet the Press"; only the gun nuts like you are acting like fools and pretending the deaths of such young children will soon be forgotten.

but moms and dads, teachers and cops, first responder and medical professionals and journalists who find the murder of 6 and 7 year old children reprehensible. They will make gun regulations happen with or without the support of the gun huggers in the HoR.

Is that why gun sales are on the rise?

Notice the NRA has gone dark and 31 gun hugger Senators refused to appear on "Meet the Press"; only the gun nuts like you are acting like fools and pretending the deaths of such young children will soon be forgotten.

Why go on Meet the Press and just have to be subjected to a bunch of ridiculous "gotcha" questions from lefties on a lefty show?

cherry picking will not win you any election on this subject

If we lose our Constitution who gives a shit about elections, they wouldn't matter much would they?

This current right wing scotus has already said gun laws are constitutional

Damn, I thought you commies were wanting to change current laws. Isn't that what they are talking about in the senate? If not I've wasted a hell of allot of time.

There is no reasonable effort underway to take firearms from citizens; the Second Amendment is safe and will remain safe from efforts of repeal if and only if the NRA and the gun huggers work with others to enforce reasoned efforts to prevent the horror of mass murder in America.

You seem to think the Constitution is negotiable, it's not. The senate may pass something but it will never fly in the house. The gun grabbing commies will lose in the courts even if by some miracle legislation gets passed.

Since you're from Texas I won't bother to call you rigid or closed minded - that's a given. Take notice, as long as you support the proliferation of guns, high volume magazines and firearms capable of such carnage, in such a short span of time as we witnessed last Friday, you are the problem. And your head in the sand attitude will do more to have your right to own such firearms infringed by reasonable people - not commies or gun grabbers -but moms and dads, teachers and cops, first responder and medical professionals and journalists who find the murder of 6 and 7 year old children reprehensible. They will make gun regulations happen with or without the support of the gun huggers in the HoR.

So you think more restrictions will help? A US Military Installation has the most restrictive laws and rules imaginable yet we had 13 dead and many more wounded at FT Hood. You dear leader failed to mention that fact in his speech Sunday. Also Columbine occurred right in the middle of the last ban, that one did a lot of good, right? When are you going to address the problem with bedding and plastic bags, they kill many more children than guns. Or when are you going to require parents to go through training before having children, parents and caretakers kill many more kids than guns.

Or how about we talk about the policies of the left that have caused the sever moral decline in this country, like taking discipline out of the home and schools, or giving all the kids trophies, telling them there are no losers and they find out that real life is different than they were taught. The policies of the left like the ends justify the means have set this society up for the kinds of brutality we are seeing yet I'm very sure you think your hands are clean, well guess what there skippy, you're wrong. I decided more than 40 years ago not to bring children into this world because I saw what the left was doing to us then. So enjoy this world of no absolutes that you had a hand in creating, but don't try to blame simple machines for your failures.

BTW cops have about the same percentage of misusing guns as CHL holders.

Last edited:
extremist radical Texans are not Americans.

Ignore them, you are not missing anything important.

The Senate will pass some sensible legislation, and Boehner has made it known to his subordinate managers that they will round up enough votes to pass it, whether from GOP or Dem ranks.

Yes, legislation will pass.

ps: thank heavens, Rick Perry just ended his 2016 campaign supporting armed teachers in the classroom. He is finished.

Last edited:

So you think more restrictions will help? A US Military Installation has the most restrictive laws and rules imaginable yet we had 13 dead and many more wounded at FT Hood. You dear leader failed to mention that fact in his speech Sunday. Also Columbine occurred right in the middle of the last ban, that one did a lot of good, right? When are you going to address the problem with bedding and plastic bags, they kill many more children than guns. Or when are you going to require parents to go through training before having children, parents and caretakers kill many more kids than guns.

Or how about we talk about the policies of the left that have caused the sever moral decline in this country, like taking discipline out of the home and schools, or giving all the kids trophies, telling them there are no losers and they find out that real life is different than they were taught. The policies of the left like the ends justify the means have set this society up for the kinds of brutality we are seeing wet I'm very sure you think your hands are clean, well guess what there skippy, you're wrong. I decided more than 40 years ago not to bring children into this world because I saw what the left was doing to us then. So enjoy this world of no absolutes that you had a hand in creating, but don't try to blame simple machines for your failures.

Do you have a link to provide some evidence that LE misuses their firearm as often as civilians with concealed weapons? I doubt that, since LE agencies have use of force policies, quarterly training and other tools available to them which a citizen does not.

Much of what you posted are echos, what evidence convinced you that a moral decline in this country exists and that it is a result of the "leftists" (Oh, and define a "leftist" if you can).

I find it comforting you have not reproduced.

I told you not to bother with extremist radicals from Texas: they are loons.

extremist radical Texans are not Americans.

Ignore them, you are not missing anything important.

The Senate will pass some sensible legislation, and Boehner has made it known to his subordinate managers that they will round up enough votes to pass it, whether from GOP or Dem ranks.

Yes, legislation will pass.

ps: thank heavens, Rick Perry just ended his 2016 campaign supporting armed teachers in the classroom. He is finished.

And your a demented dumb ass, I think your forgetting there are just as many libs that own guns as there are conservatives. In a couple of weeks many dems won't touch the subject. Why the hell do you think the commies are pushing so hard before the dead are even buried? The policies of the left are more responsible for this than any gun.

The demented individual is OKTexas.

Real Americans will have no trouble with sensible legislation.

OK, this is why we laugh at you.

Or how about we talk about the policies of the left that have caused the sever moral decline in this country, like taking discipline out of the home and schools, or giving all the kids trophies, telling them there are no losers and they find out that real life is different than they were taught. The policies of the left like the ends justify the means have set this society up for the kinds of brutality we are seeing wet I'm very sure you think your hands are clean, well guess what there skippy, you're wrong. I decided more than 40 years ago not to bring children into this world because I saw what the left was doing to us then. So enjoy this world of no absolutes that you had a hand in creating, but don't try to blame simple machines for your failures.

Do you have a link to provide some evidence that LE misuses their firearm as often as civilians with concealed weapons? I doubt that, since LE agencies have use of force policies, quarterly training and other tools available to them which a citizen does not.

Much of what you posted are echos, what evidence convinced you that a moral decline in this country exists and that it is a result of the "leftists" (Oh, and define a "leftist" if you can).

I find it comforting you have not reproduced.

I tell you what I will put together a new thread outlining some specific policies pushed by the left and their inevitable results. It will take a little time, the list is extensive.

Forum List

Back