The Numbers are in: Breakthrough Covid Hospitalizations and Deaths by State

Translation. I can't dispute the facts so it's time to deflect from the topic.
What fact are you presenting that anyone would care to dispute? All I'm saying is that some people chose not to live in fear and to lead normal lives again, successfully, while others obsess about gloomy numbers.

Breakthroughs make up a minuscule amount of the total hospitalizations in each state. Conversely, look at the rate of hospitalization per 100k people for the unvaccinated. The vast majority of deaths from the vaccinated are literally in the low single digits per 100k ppl, while it's 44x higher on average for unvaccinated. Texas in particular is 85x higher in deaths per 100k. Florida is probably over 100x higher and beyond, but their state wasn't been included in the study. Guys, the vaccine is working. This is a pandemic of the stupid.
Dear krichton
A. What HELPS promote benefits of the vaccine is the reduction in symptoms, hospitalization, and recovery time.

B. It actually HURTS your credibility to cite "death" rates because
1. The number of unvaccinated people is greater than vaccinated anyway, so people who know this won't follow
2. The people rejecting vaccines due to "overhyped" fear of death in the media will only reject this "death based" argument more as "propaganda"
3. You still haven't (and nobody has) addressed the lack of legal/financial/medical liability for taking/mandating the vaccine.

Until SOMEONE pushing the vaccine agrees to responsibility for physical, medical, financial or legal consequences, this will be seen as a risk that no one is taking responsibility for and adds to the rejection!

This is compounded by the same people pushing it only denying and projecting responsibility for NOT taking it!

This is already unequal.

The best approaches I've seen are pointing to the reduced symptoms and need for hospitalization.

It helps to include the effective use of hydroxychloroquine with added supplements to prevent blood clotting, which also has been used consistently by doctors to reduce symptoms, hospitalizations, and recovery time.

Focusing on that reduces the fear of politicized hype in the media which is aggravating the problems.

No there is a pay wall. It matters not what browser one uses.

I'm not paying the NYT. I'm not paying a single online newspaper. I can see it just fine.

Dear krichton
A. What HELPS promote benefits of the vaccine is the reduction in symptoms, hospitalization, and recovery time.

B. It actually HURTS your credibility to cite "death" rates because
1. The number of unvaccinated people is greater than vaccinated anyway, so people who know this won't follow
2. The people rejecting vaccines due to "overhyped" fear of death in the media will only reject this "death based" argument more as "propaganda"
3. You still haven't (and nobody has) addressed the lack of legal/financial/medical liability for taking/mandating the vaccine.

Until SOMEONE pushing the vaccine agrees to responsibility for physical, medical, financial or legal consequences, this will be seen as a risk that no one is taking responsibility for and adds to the rejection!

This is compounded by the same people pushing it only denying and projecting responsibility for NOT taking it!

This is already unequal.

The best approaches I've seen are pointing to the reduced symptoms and need for hospitalization.

It helps to include the effective use of hydroxychloroquine with added supplements to prevent blood clotting, which also has been used consistently by doctors to reduce symptoms, hospitalizations, and recovery time.

Focusing on that reduces the fear of politicized hype in the media which is aggravating the problems.

1. The US is 52% fully vaccinated and 61% has had at least one dose. How does that equal a majority for unvaccinated folks? I'd really like to see your math on this.
2. That's not my problem. I'm just here to present the facts.
3. Are there financial liabilities against the makers of the polio, measles, smallpox and other vaccines? Let's have a discussion on that. Maybe antivaxxers can lobby congress for their injuries from those vaccines.

Emily, there is no need to "convince" anyone. Vaccine mandates will take care of that.

What fact are you presenting that anyone would care to dispute? All I'm saying is that some people chose not to live in fear and to lead normal lives again, successfully, while others obsess about gloomy numbers.

Yes, and this has zero to do with the topic.

I'm not paying the NYT. I'm not paying a single online newspaper. I can see it just fine.

1. The US is 52% fully vaccinated and 61% has had at least one dose. How does that equal a majority for unvaccinated folks? I'd really like to see your math on this.
3. Are there financial liabilities against the makers of the polio, measles, smallpox and other vaccines? Let's have a discussion on that. Maybe antivaxxers can lobby congress for their injuries from those vaccines.

Emily, there is no need to "convince" anyone. Vaccine mandates will take care of that.
Vaccine mandates in the land of the free. Yippee!

The pay wall says you can get certain content free but you have to register. The other option is to pay to get all content. It is from YOUR link. So you must have signed up?

The pay wall says you can get certain content free but you have to register. The other option is to pay to get all content. It is from YOUR link. So you must have signed up?

That's possible! I've been stopped by the same paywall before on other nyt articles once i surpassed my alotment of free ones, just not this particular one. I haven't seen the same information posted anywhere else otherwise i would have linked another page.

I could see it, but it warned me I was approaching my free limit.

Things have changed so fast, the article may no longer be relevant.
At first the vaccines were highly effective, but they seem to quickly start failing.
Why?
Because they only contain spike proteins and not whole viruses.
So then likely these vaccines can't be counted on.
Within a year or so, they likely will be ineffective.

So what is the alternative?
Herd immunity through recovery, by those under 40 who are essentially at so little risk that they should be worried about it.
If the eldlerly are not isolated, then 2.4 million die.
If only those under 40 get it, they have 400 times the odds of survival, so only 6,000 die.
Then it is over and gone for good.

Which part did you have trouble understanding? Is it because it didn't come in the form of an internet meme?
You think you can question my understanding, lol!!

A need for better data

A lack of comprehensive data, paired with growing concern over the Delta variant, may be helping to drive fears about breakthrough infections.The C.D.C. does not provide data for breakthrough instances at the state or local level, nor does it provide the data over time, which makes it difficult to see if fully vaccinated people may be becoming more vulnerable to the virus in certain areas

Breakthroughs make up a minuscule amount of the total hospitalizations in each state. Conversely, look at the rate of hospitalization per 100k people for the unvaccinated. The vast majority of deaths from the vaccinated are literally in the low single digits per 100k ppl, while it's 44x higher on average for unvaccinated. Texas in particular is 85x higher in deaths per 100k. Florida is probably over 100x higher and beyond, but their state wasn't been included in the study. Guys, the vaccine is working. This is a pandemic of the stupid.
It's the Rupert Murdock internet nut job trumpster missinformation epidemic... They aren't stupid but they can't change the channel.

Things have changed so fast, the article may no longer be relevant.
At first the vaccines were highly effective, but they seem to quickly start failing.
Why?
Because they only contain spike proteins and not whole viruses.
So then likely these vaccines can't be counted on.
Within a year or so, they likely will be ineffective.

So what is the alternative?
Herd immunity through recovery, by those under 40 who are essentially at so little risk that they should be worried about it.
If the eldlerly are not isolated, then 2.4 million die.
If only those under 40 get it, they have 400 times the odds of survival, so only 6,000 die.
Then it is over and gone for good.
The very soul of misinformation and selfishness...

You think you can question my understanding, lol!!

A need for better data

A lack of comprehensive data, paired with growing concern over the Delta variant, may be helping to drive fears about breakthrough infections.The C.D.C. does not provide data for breakthrough instances at the state or local level, nor does it provide the data over time, which makes it difficult to see if fully vaccinated people may be becoming more vulnerable to the virus in certain areas

Umm, yeah?? The times asked each state to provide the data through their departments of health. They stated so at the very bottom of the article and their complete methody for their numbers. What does any of this have to do with the CDC? You've made 2 posts to this thread and either one contained one coherent thought or argument to debate so far. I still don't have a clue what it is you're not understanding about the article.

Unvaccinated Americans who were hospitalized with COVID-19 cost the U.S. health care system $2.3 billion in June and July,

I'm doing my part ... I've saved the cost of the vaccination.

Someone more needy than I can have mine.

The link provided is linked to the OP's browser IP, which tracks the number of free articles in order to limit them, so yes, when someone here clicks on the OP link, it gets charged off on the 'free content' allowed to that link, which means later viewers will get blocked.

20% of ICU beds are occupied nationally there Chicken Little.

Forum List

Back