The NRA

The NRA is like the ACLU, only the NRA only protects one of the civil rights amendments...the Second Amendment.

Yes they protect the second and thank God they do.
Meanwhile the democrats violate the second and tax you to death while the repubs violate most of the rest and tax you to death.
It's tax and wefare or tax and warfare.
Yet, the American voters keep blindly voting "A" or "B" no matter how poor or corrupt their collective performane is.

The NRA is like the ACLU, only the NRA only protects one of the civil rights amendments...the Second Amendment.

Yes they protect the second and thank God they do.
Meanwhile the democrats violate the second and tax you to death while the repubs violate most of the rest and tax you to death.
It's tax and wefare or tax and warfare.
Yet, the American voters keep blindly voting "A" or "B" no matter how poor or corrupt their collective performane is.

Or you can do the Protest Vote, and vote "C" - None of the Above.
That way, neither party benefits.

So I've noticed.

I'm actually alive right now because some punk's cheapo .25 automatic jammed.

Glad you're still around. Can you talk about what happened?

Not really much to say.

At a party, I offended some nutter, he lured me outside to discuss our differences and then he tried to shoot me.

I probably should have shoved his gun his ass, but frankly, I was so shocked that he was such a punk to bring gun to the party that he got away.

Despite the fact that there were witnesses to his attempting shooting, the DA didn't bother to press charges for that.

However, since he'd also slammed a door on the hostess's face (hence our little dispute) he did serve a year in the slams for that assault....which was, as far as I can tell, entirely an accident on his part.

Stuff happens, ya' know?

The First Amendment protects the peoples rights to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the right of peaceable assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Second Amendment guarantees the First.

Last edited:
Strolling, you may be an idiot, anti semetic conspiratorial nutter, but if bet you are still good looking enough to fuck, even if you hubby doesn't.

o he does....that much time he will spend with me.....

conspiratorial nutter? and you say this because?

and i am not anti semetic ...i am pro american...when did that becomes such a conflict for other americans?

o and btw i dont fuck men who think i am an idiot....just so ya know...i think the brain is the largest sex organ....i will take a man with a brain over a big dick any day of the week...

then its a bonus if they have both....:eusa_drool:

The First Amendment protects the peoples rights to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the right of peaceable assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That simplistic statement is why lunatics think they are entitlted to own weapons. You're basically saying that a person is protected by the Second Amendment if he decides to start firing on some poor schmuck making a political statement on a soapbox in Central Park.

This is why over in Iran...their protest's hold very little importance to the leaders. Here....it means a little more.

That simplistic statement is why lunatics think they are entitlted to own weapons. You're basically saying that a person is protected by the Second Amendment if he decides to start firing on some poor schmuck making a political statement on a soapbox in Central Park.

You really are retarded aren't you???

And yes....lunatics are entitled to own weapons......the 2nd doesnt specify.

Read it again, Maggie, without your leftist propaganda spectacles on.

How would the Second Amendment guarantee the First by firing on a schmuck exercising his First Amendment right to free speech?

The Second Amendment guarantees that the government doesn't infringe on his rights.

The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms is the right that gives teeth to all the others.

Last edited:

I've been trying to give you the benefit of doubt in my short time here and thought maybe some were hard on ya, but you really are a dumb bitch. That's the exact opposite of what the poster is saying.:cuckoo:

Oh, and entitlted = entitled, just sayin'.

Well Editec, I came from a board where everyone dissed everyone all the time
so it was hard to find a poster who meant something straightforward.
It was schizoid and not fun. So I'm here.

BTW, I am a supporter of 2.

Understood.

It probably pays to hold me to what I actually write rather than assuming that one knows what I think based on less than complete information.

My views on gun control are fairly pedestrian.

I support people's right to own guns for hunting and home protection.

I do not support their right to own atomic weapons, LAW rockets and so forth.

I could be persuaded to outlaw handguns, however, as they are the weapon of choice in most criminal activities. However since the handgun cat is out of the bag, that probably isn't a policy that would make much sense, now.

Not exactly the NRA's position, is it?

Got it. However, you probably can surmise that criminals don't care about licensing,
laws or who gets hurt. They will use whatever they can get their hands on, atomic,
automatic or taser notwithstanding. So prohibition does not work.

That's exactly it Devin, but too many do-gooders just have it in their head that guns are bad, and nothing will change their feeble minds.

I've posted these before, but it never hurts to post them again:

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually. . . .
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;... that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press.

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

- Thomas Jefferson
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.
Arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not others dare not lay them aside.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who comes near that precious jewel. Unfortunately, nothing
will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined.

You really are retarded aren't you???

And yes....lunatics are entitled to own weapons......the 2nd doesnt specify.

So calling me retarded somehow makes your point? How retarded. :lol:
:cuckoo:

Read it again, Maggie, without your leftist propaganda spectacles on.

How would the Second Amendment guarantee the First by firing on a schmuck exercising his First Amendment right to free speech?

The Second Amendment guarantees that the government doesn't infringe on his rights.

The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms is the right that gives teeth to all the others.

But it gives YOU the "right" to shoot if he is deemed to infringe on your rights. It's Catch 22.

But it gives YOU the "right" to shoot if he is deemed to infringe on your rights. It's Catch 22.

Explain how "some poor schmuck making a political statement on a soapbox in Central Park" can infringe on my First Amendment rights.

The Second Amendment is a defensive right.

The Right of Last Resort, so to speak.

Last edited:
But it gives YOU the "right" to shoot if he is deemed to infringe on your SECOND amendment rights. It's Catch 22.

Explain how "some poor schmuck making a political statement on a soapbox in Central Park" can infringe on my First Amendment rights.

The Second Amendment is a defensive right.

The Right of Last Resort, so to speak.

Amended. Get it now? Maybe it was a lame example. But I don't see anywhere in the Second Amendment were it's deemed a "right of last resort," so call it a draw (no pun intended).

Frankly, I have no firm opinion on this ongoing debate anyway because I can see both sides of the issue. A conundrum which I usually don't get into. I will admit that I have lived in neighborhoods where I felt I NEEDED a gun, but I'm not sure what my emotional state would have been if I had ever NEEDED to use it.

Last edited:

I've been trying to give you the benefit of doubt in my short time here and thought maybe some were hard on ya, but you really are a dumb bitch. That's the exact opposite of what the poster is saying.:cuckoo:

Oh, and entitlted = entitled, just sayin'.

Just couldn't stop at "dumb" could ya? Such angry little men...

I've posted these before, but it never hurts to post them again:

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually. . . .
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;... that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press.

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

- Thomas Jefferson
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.
Arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not others dare not lay them aside.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who comes near that precious jewel. Unfortunately, nothing
will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined.

Those were all old guys commenting on a well-armed MILITIA. The Second Amendment has taken on a whole new meaning, which is why courts continue to grapple with it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back